collapse

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  G’day from Albany WA  (Read 300 times)

Offline Dustman5000

• Dig it anyway. Always get permission
  • Iron

• Fill this by Posting :)
    30%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4

• Total Badges: 1
    Badges: (View All)
    First Post
G’day from Albany WA
« on: April 11, 2018, 23:51 »
Hi all. Look forward to getting to know you all. This is my first forum so still working out whats going on. I’m from Albany WA. Only have a couple of friends down here who detect. Don’t know of anyone else yet. Been detecting for a couple of years now but really got going last year when I finally got my first private permission. Was really stoked. Started off with the Garret AT Pro and just got the XP Deus as my wife is getting into it as well which is great. I enjoy it even more now sharing the excitement of finding relics, coins ect with her. I’ll put some finds up later once I get use to the forum.  Anyway if there’s anything I’ve missed just let me know as still getting use to this cheers 😁

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=32727.0
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Own Garret AT Pro & XP Deus, used Minelab GPZ 7000
  • Oldest find: 1821 Silver Half Crown

Offline Sneaky

• Copper

6.67%
    • I live in: Butler WA
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126

• Total Badges: 12
    100 Posts Rams Head Shilling Find of the Month Winner Florin Rising Sun Sixpence Wheat Three Pence 50 Posts Commonwealth Halfpenny Roo Penny 10 Posts First Post
Re: G’day from Albany WA
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 02:17 »
Welcome fellow Sandgroper!

I've got some friends down your way that have some OLD pioneer homestead ruins on their properties, trying to find time to make it down for a visit.

You've got plenty of military history down your way too, should be some good finds to be had.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Garrett AT Pro, Minelab GoFind 40 <-- Michelle left it resting on bull bar, oops....
  • Oldest find: Michelle (1967) :-) 1913 Penny
There are 10 types of people
Those who get binary and those who don't.

Offline ohb1

• Platinum

40%
    • I live in: Sunshine Coast
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567

• Total Badges: 36
    Seventh year Anniversary Florin Rams Head Shilling Sixpence Wheat Three Pence Round 50 Cents 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 06:59 »
Hi all. ..... Started off with the Garret AT Pro and just got the XP Deus as my wife is getting into it as well which is great. I enjoy it even more now sharing the excitement of finding relics, coins ect with her. .......cheers 😁
Nice to have you on the forum D Morton...welcome!
....not all are as lucky as yourself...I look forward to reading about more of your hunts,...but be warned......she who swings the coil often outdoes he who covers the same ground!....Have fun with the Deus, and don't be too surprised when your wife consistently makes more / better  finds........ ;)  (I speak from personal experience) ;D
ohb1 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Tesoro Laser B1; Tesoro Cortes; Tesoro Sand Shark, Minelab 3030; Garrett Pro Pointer
  • Oldest find: George IV shilling 1825-1829
swing..sweet silver succumbs.... sorrow,scratched, still, sentimental... smile, satisfied,... search, somewhere, sometime, silver

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 858

• Total Badges: 51
    Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 07:22 »
Welcome to the forum Dustyn. If you check the headers and childboard you will find a FAQ section somewhere. The owner of this forum is the Deus importer so he will be glad to see some finds from another user here.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

Offline Dustman5000

• Iron

30%
  • Liked:

First Post
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 08:37 »
Cheers everyone. Quick question. How do i change my profile name as its not what i wanted?

Offline Dustman5000

• Iron

30%
  • Liked:

First Post
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 08:52 »
That sounds cool sneaky. I only know one family with history on there place and thats the one i was lucky enough to be given permission. Very nice family. Yeah there is a lot of militairy history here but still haven’t tried for permissions yet as most likly would say no. Will do later this year though. If you never ask you’ll never know i guess. 

Offline Dustman5000

• Iron

30%
  • Liked:

First Post
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 08:58 »
Very true ohb1. My wife is a very quick learner. Even if she finds more then me I’ll still be happy as I like to share in the excitement as much as finding things myself. Sounds corny but true 😁

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 858

• Total Badges: 51
    Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 11:33 »
I think if you go into your profile settings you can change what appears. If it doesn’t change it might be easier just to start a new account before you get to many posts up.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam
anything