collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  Factory reset  (Read 243 times)

Offline ohb1

• Platinum

• Fill this by Posting :)
    56.67%
    • I live in: Sunshine Coast
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 528

• Total Badges: 36
    Badges: (View All)
    Seventh year Anniversary Florin Rams Head Shilling Sixpence Wheat Three Pence Round 50 Cents 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post
Factory reset
« on: February 11, 2018, 11:12 »
After a couple of years of constant use, I developed a bit of an issue with the 3030 holding it's threshold, but not picking up signals....no specific reason, but it began to occur more often. The machine would reset itself if I turned it off then back on again...and all would be well, until the problem reoccurred...maybe a couple of days later...a few weeks, or a couple of hours!..It was an unpredictable problem which began to creep into my confidence.....Solution....perform a factory re-set.

All is up and running smoothly again now......I'd lost all my settings!...but...What a great way to re-orientate myself with the options and menus available....I'm not a "youngin", so technology is not in my comfort zone, but hey, I've had a ball (frustrated at first)....It is like a new machine all over again, and for a while there, I was back into a learning curve!.....thank goodness for heaps of info on the net, and plenty of time on my hands.... (it's called retirement!) ;D....Now....will someone tell me what the heck all those numbers on the screen mean ::)

ohb1

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=32488.0
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Tesoro Laser B1; Tesoro Cortes; Tesoro Sand Shark, Minelab 3030; Garrett Pro Pointer
  • Oldest find: George IV shilling 1825-1829
swing..sweet silver succumbs.... sorrow,scratched, still, sentimental... smile, satisfied,... search, somewhere, sometime, silver

Offline 14FNX

• Are you here as part of the problem? Or part of the solution?
  • Bronze

100%
    • I live in: Logan, Queensland
    • Photo crowd
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 171

• Total Badges: 19
    Farthing Round 50 Cents Find of the Month Winner 100 Posts Sixpence Rams Head Shilling Roo Penny Comm Penny 50 Posts The Gold Ring 10 Posts First Post
Re: Factory reset
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 13:22 »
..Now....will someone tell me what the heck all those numbers on the screen mean 

I used to think my E-Trac was trying to guess what time it was. ::)
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Use to own: GoldSeeker 15000, Ace 150, BH Tracker IV, Excalibur II. Now own: E-trac, Quattro, X-Terra 705, Equinox, Land & Sea PinPointer, Bounty Hunter PinPointer, XP Mi-6 Pinpointer..
  • Oldest find: 1470’s Spanish Blanco
Best Finds:
1470’s Spanish coin.
Gold plated sovereign holder.

Bucket list:
Sovereign - half or full
Rising sun badge
1938 Crown
Wheat threepence 

It's not just what you achieve in life: It's also what you overcome.

Offline Dutchy (Jarhead)

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Canberra
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1408

• Total Badges: 30
    5000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary Find Of the year 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 13:42 »
I hit that reset many times for myself. Normally involves beer.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Beaten up ETrac, CTX 3030
  • Oldest find: 1655 French coin (found in Australia)
Research

Offline FSH00

• Platinum
  • Work to live don't live to work

16.67%
    • I live in: QLD
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1632

• Total Badges: 41
    Sixth year Anniversary Returned an Item The Gold Ring The TON Pre-Dec Full House in a Day Wheat Three Pence Comm Penny Sixpence Rams Head Shilling Roo Penny 1000 Posts 500 Posts
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 15:19 »
You'll be pleased to know you are not the only 1 that has that problem, thought it was my coil playing up but was doing it with all 3, use to just turn it off then on again, work for short time but still there, so factory reset every 3 or 4 months seems to to wonders & makes it perform a lot better like it was when new, I just reload my programs from the computer software ;)
  • Detector(s) owned/used: To many is never enough
  • Oldest find: Vicky (bun) penny 18??
Tally: To old to keep count now

Offline ohb1

• Platinum

56.67%
    • I live in: Sunshine Coast
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 528

• Total Badges: 36
    Seventh year Anniversary Florin Rams Head Shilling Sixpence Wheat Three Pence Round 50 Cents 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 15:34 »
I hit that reset many times for myself. Normally involves beer.
...don't tell me you were misreading "the signals" too ...I think it is a gender issue! ;D
ohb1
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Tesoro Laser B1; Tesoro Cortes; Tesoro Sand Shark, Minelab 3030; Garrett Pro Pointer
  • Oldest find: George IV shilling 1825-1829

Offline ANT1967

• If it sounds crappy - still dig it... !!
  • Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Victoria for now ......
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2110

• Total Badges: 38
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Coin Of the Month Winner Find of the Month Winner The Gold Ring Nugget Under 1 Ounce Rising Sun The TON 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 18:59 »
Yep it’s about that time

Beer

I mean CTX reboot 😬
  • Detector(s) owned/used: - Owned - Sovereign GT, - Own - GPX5000 & CTX3030
  • Oldest find: 1857 Gothic Florin , 1858 Holloway Token , Gold Nuggets .
Anywhere , Everywhere , Nowhere & 
Somewhere are the same place  !!

Offline AngerManagement

• Gold
  • Any day above ground is a good day.

50%
    • I live in: Brisbane
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1642

• Total Badges: 20
    Third year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 12:42 »
I do the odd FULL RESET....   In particular due to me changing coils so much...  Even the 705 would be happier if you reset when changing coils...  Helps with the re tuning and teh CTX was set up to do it without a reset... I still think it needs a reset at times.

I only use the standard in general and make some minor tweaks, with a few more on site....

Am looking at doing a copy of the main protect file, so that when I reboot / reset the whole system it uses the modified file and thus keeps any special settings...
  • Detector(s) owned/used: excal 1000, x-pointer, 705 ,Gamma 6000 & CTX3030
  • Oldest find: ME
So can I use braid and how tight should the drag be set  when Sand Fishing...

Offline peter_s

• Silver

20%
    • I live in: western australia
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 127

• Total Badges: 23
    Fourth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 13:01 »
So when you do the reset do you then have to re download the update from minelab ?
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Garrett Ace250, ATPRO,ml ctx3030,gpx4500
  • Oldest find: 1807 English halfpenny 1844 half farthing

Offline AngerManagement

• Gold
  • Any day above ground is a good day.

50%
    • I live in: Brisbane
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1642

• Total Badges: 20
    Third year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2018, 15:22 »
So when you do the reset do you then have to re download the update from minelab ?

NO...  When you do a a ML update it update the core...  Just like a PC BIOS.    So once you have the ML updates applied OR worse case an Apple...  You normally can not roll back.  Apple of course loves that and hence why older Apple phones go slow.  All for security they tell you.

But if you know what you are doing, it is possible to copy the format you want as you base...   You stuff around and things go funny...  You just do a hard reset.

The hard coded settings remain and any of the static settings as to GB / Chanel / Coil tuning etc etc gets reset to a default and at boot the CTX3030 does a check and away she goes.   I am talking about modding some files so that my $1 and $2  program and another special  are set up as part of the core, so that I do not have to restore them; if I am in the field..
  • Detector(s) owned/used: excal 1000, x-pointer, 705 ,Gamma 6000 & CTX3030
  • Oldest find: ME

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam
anything