• Dot Guests: 39
  • Dot Spiders: 22
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Detectors

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Detecting Chatter / Re: More trouble ahead.
« Last post by douglas on Yesterday at 11:01 PM »
It is 60 years old, and it pertains to everything land found and water found, I have posted the new regulations several times but no one bothers to read them, as for posting finds all I can say is be careful post only new stuff
« Last post by Oceandog on Yesterday at 10:48 PM »
Why the hell cant this country be as practical as the Brits when it comes to relics, wrecks and metal detecting.
Declaring finds and be allowed to keep them or only sell them to museums at a price declared by a third party seems to work well there. This kind of shit theat heritage vic is doing will just drive finds to be kept quiet.
« Last post by Detectist on Yesterday at 10:32 PM »
As a landlubber, this move sounds crazy.

Excalibur / Re: Issues with charging battery,any thoughts?
« Last post by AngerManagement on Yesterday at 09:35 PM »

We will see :-)

But am sure that it can be solved in no time at all... And if something that is ML / Hardware that is a warranty call..  That can be sorted out as and if required..
« Last post by lazyaussie on Yesterday at 08:27 PM »
from what I understand the Heritage act is limited to the land ?? think you'd have to look at the relevant maritime acts to get the right info.
& as to the age of the finds you make mate how can they prove when the items were lost ?? but then again maybe a good time to liquidate all old stock mate ;) .
kinda glad I'm outta the game now but boy I miss the gold.
lazy  
General Detecting Chatter / More trouble ahead.
« Last post by kg1 on Yesterday at 07:39 PM »
I have a couple of mates in their late 60s who have spent nearly 50 years diving for old bottles up around The Heads area of Port Phillip Bay.

Lately the Fisheries boys have been making a point of checking them when they get back to the ramp.

The last time they started hassling them about the few bottles they'd come in with....they said that they were to take no more as anything over 100 years old must not be removed from the water.
They basically told them to GFT and asked them to ring them with the relevant sections of The Act. No call was forth coming.

But the worrying thing is the Fisheries boys told them that a "special squad" is being formed who's job will be to police the relevant regulations.
Now clearly the Fisheries boys were referring to The Heritage Act and not some special rule regarding water found old bottles, and I believe the cut off point age wise is 80 years and not 100.

Now, as there are a mere handful of divers chasing old bottles it takes no great stretch of imagination to work out who else the valiant defenders of our heritage will come after next.

Still want to post piccys of all that good old heritage protected stuff?

And just remember, when a similar squad was formed to protect ship wrecks they raided peoples homes and at gun point they confiscated decades worth of collecting.

Just saying.....

Everything Off Topic / Re: Freight from perth to Tassie
« Last post by beepn on Yesterday at 07:10 PM »
Thanks Ivanll & Matt22,

I can get these from perth for $200  new price $799. As they for early models not much call for them. Even with $100 postage still cheaper than e-bay. They are Bushranger brand.
Everything Off Topic / Re: Freight from perth to Tassie
« Last post by Matt22 on Yesterday at 05:26 PM »
I would contact a few of the courier company’s for a quote. I have been recently looking for side steps to suit a ranger, postage has been from $80 to $100 to Tassie. Depending on where you buy, some will have fixed postage Australia wide.
Everything Off Topic / Re: Five minutes of action. ( War)
« Last post by 14FNX on Yesterday at 04:48 PM »
Not on FB anymore and certainly not missing it.
Has the question been answered correctly yet or did I miss the correct answer post?
It used to be called sterling, despite being Australian currency.  A leftover from the Imperial days:  Pounds Sterling.
Before decimal currency – what did Australia use?
Before 1966, Australia had a money system that was based on the imperial (British Sterling) pounds, shillings and pence. With 12 pennies in a shilling and 20 shillings in a pound, there was a lot of dif cult maths involved in using our money. It was on 14 February 1966 that Australia started to use decimal currency – the dollars and cents that we know today. This was a lot easier than the old money and showed off the unique Australian animals that set this country apart from the rest of the world.

The imperial coins included the half penny, penny, threepence, sixpence, shilling and florin.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam