collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  Traker IV  (Read 6156 times)

Offline lures

• Copper

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
    • I live in: townsville Queensland
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 15
    Badges: (View All)
    Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Traker IV
« on: January 11, 2013, 21:39 »
Gidday fellas
Just wondering if this detector would be a good detector to start with.I will be beach and park detecting .Thought I might get the hang of it until I progress to gold and a better qaulity detector.In the end want to hand it down to my daughter to use.
thanks
gary

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=16202.0
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Bounty Hunter Tracker 1V/Minelab xterra 705
  • Oldest find: 1861 one penny

tonyw

Re: Traker IV
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 21:41 »
How much do you want to spend would be my first question.

Beach and Parks i like the Garrett AT Pro, its water proof and does a good job, its $600 to $800 depends where and who you buy it off.

Offline Smurf

• A Find is a Find
  • Platinum
  • SMURF and his AT PRO

0%
    • I live in: Woodgate Queensland
    • Facebook
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7

• Total Badges: 48
    Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 22:11 »
I can recommend the BH Tracer IV as it was my first detector and got me hooked. its easy to learn with even though it hasnt got all the bells and whistles that your big end Detectors have. It was after that I upgraded to a better Detector the AT PRO

« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 22:27 by Smurf »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Bounty Hunter IV (Sold), Garrett AT PRO (Current), Garrett PinPointer, Minelab ProFind
  • Oldest find: 1863 ITALIAN 50 CENTESIMI, 1884 BRITANNIA PENNY,1881 BRITISH THREEPENCE, 1911 AUSTRALIAN HALF PENNY
Decimal Tally     Pre Decimal Tally      Silver Tally
$344.41           3 Pd / 6s / 1d             72

Total Decs          Total Predecs
   636                       262

detectorsmurf on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/DetectorSmurf

Offline Tasrog

• Platinum
  • SO MUCH GROUND....SO LITTLE TIME.

10%
    • I live in: Shearwater
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52

• Total Badges: 34
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Returned an Item The Gold Ring 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 22:16 »
Has just upgraded from a Tracker IV. Is a great machine to learn with. Light, simple and easy to understand. In fact I just got skunked by my Grandson using it while I was swinging the  AT PRO  international I took delivery of yesterday. :) Main reason for upgrade was the AT being waterproof.
Roger.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: used a ML 4500:Own - BH Tracker IV: AT PRO International, BH 3300, Fisher F5, GoFind 60, Excalibur 800
  • Oldest find: 1806 King George III penny
The bucket list. Gothic Florin - found, Gold ring - found, Trench Art - not found, Sunrise badge - not found, Cricket buckle = not found, Sov or half Sov - not found.

Offline lures

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 22:58 »
Hi guys
Thanks for the replies,Tonyw I am hoping to eventually get a AT Gold or X-terra 705 but am looking for a starter to get the basics right and  hopefully get the kids hooked (easier to convince the misses I need a dearer one )  ;D
If there is a better one around 200 I can look at that also
Being a newbie and having no gear just wondering if its a good starter
Thanks again for all replies
Gary

Offline Pennypincher

• Bronze

0%
    • I live in: Gowrie Junction, Queensland
  • Liked:

• Total Badges: 17
    Fourth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 04:46 »
Hi Gary,

My first detector was a White Beach comber and the most basic detector you could find.

One knob to turn it on and adjust volume and sensitivity. A search on ebay comes up with a vintage heading. :o :o

I just upgraded to a Bounty Hunter Quick silver and while the extra features and greater depth is very welcome, I still found my first half pennies and my first penny with my old detector in a spot that I had been told was cleaned out many times.

My point is that the most basic detector with analogue gauge and no fancy bells and whistles will find the stuff if you wave a coil over it.

I have not owned a tracker 4 but everyone who has, raves about them as a great first detector.

Greg
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Beachcomber 4, Bounty Hunter Quick silver, Pin-pointer
  • Oldest find: 1943 Halfpenny, 1943 threepence
Learn from the past, plan for the future, but live for the present.

Online ivanll

• Platinum

100%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 146

• Total Badges: 25
    Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 19:39 »
Gidday fellas
Just wondering if this detector would be a good detector to start with.I will be beach and park detecting .Thought I might get the hang of it until I progress to gold and a better qaulity detector.In the end want to hand it down to my daughter to use.
thanks
gary

There was a New Fisher F2 offered for sale from a Jackass Flat dealer in Vic. a little while back Au$ 199.00 posting included.... 8)...??

ivanll

There is no honour in fake memberships or postings ! ~ Trust and respect is earned!

Offline Aussie Detecting

• Platinum
  • www.aussiedetectors.com

0%
    • I live in: Bendigo Vic
    • Aussie Detecting & Prospecting
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3

• Total Badges: 25
    Seventh year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2013, 20:11 »
Thanks ivanll
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Too many.
  • Oldest find: Roman coin
It's all about having fun.
www.aussiedetectors.com

tonyw

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2013, 20:58 »
Hi guys
Thanks for the replies,Tonyw I am hoping to eventually get a AT Gold or X-terra 705 but am looking for a starter to get the basics right and  hopefully get the kids hooked (easier to convince the misses I need a dearer one )  ;D
If there is a better one around 200 I can look at that also
Being a newbie and having no gear just wondering if its a good starter
Thanks again for all replies
Gary

I have witnessed a Garrett Ace 250 doing the deed very well, the guy actually burnt my butt over a days hunting.

Worth consideration  :)

Offline Tasrog

• Platinum

10%
  • Liked:

Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Returned an Item The Gold Ring 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2013, 22:46 »
 The Ace  and Fisher machines apparently  won't handle wet sand  ( I stand to be corrected by those that have actually used them  :)  ) while the Tracker IV will handle the wet conditions as long as you only get the coil wet :) The Ace and Fishers are newer technology and use cheaper batteries and also pinpoint.  So that is just a couple of more points to consider hehe.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: used a ML 4500:Own - BH Tracker IV: AT PRO International, BH 3300, Fisher F5, GoFind 60, Excalibur 800

Offline Bundy

• Silver

0%
    • I live in: West of Roma Qld.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3

• Total Badges: 18
    Fourth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2013, 14:32 »
Hi Gary I have a Tracker IV and had some good finds both at the beach and at parks . I am looking to up grade soon but will keep the tracker for the grand kids to use.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Bounty Hunter IV / Garrett Pro-Pointer, CTX 3030, Minelab Pro-find
  • Oldest find: 1843 Four Pence

Offline lures

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2013, 21:13 »
Thanks Bundy and all who replied ,I think I will start with the tracker and progress from there.Aussiedetecting has them I think and I think he has a deal on them.
I think my daughter will be swinging it more than me,look forward to her first find
thanks
gary ;D

alimo88

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2013, 20:46 »
Fisher F2 in my opinion

Online Count Pierre

• Platinum

0%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 411

• Total Badges: 35
    Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2013, 15:16 »

Ditto, alimo...................F2.

Most underrated detector in anyone's range. ;)

• Detector(s) owned/used: Whites DFX + 5 Coils ,Whites MX5
  • Oldest find: 1817 George 3 Shilling
If I can't handle it, I'll go & have a few beers, or a red wine....or both.... & go from there!

Offline lures

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2013, 21:56 »
Thanks for all the replies fellas,but I ended up buying a Tracker iv.The F2 just alittle out of my price range for a starter I would sooner put the extra into a AT Pro or something similar when I get a bit better with a detector.
I picked the tracker up for $159 delivered to Townsville,just waiting for it to arrive now.
Thanks all who answered my question and sorry I didnt follow some of you ,cant wait to post my first find with my daughter
cheers gary  :)

alimo88

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 22:21 »
 ;)

Offline Tommy Cash

• Platinum
  • Next stop $20,000

0%
    • I live in: Hamilton Hill W.A
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 131

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2013, 00:09 »
You tried alimo - you tried :(
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Detector- Minelab Sovereign Elite, 15" WOT - awaiting the ressurection. Minelab Excal 1000 -blue headphone beauty, Anderson travel shaft, 1600mh Battery. XP DEUS. Makro pinpointer. Digging Tools- Lesche. Mirage diving knife. Beach Scoop - Stavr
  • Oldest find: 1838 Sixpence
Metal detecting - God's way of redistributing wealth.

Offline Slothy

• Gold
  • The Pulltab Punisher!

0%
    • I live in: Radelaide, SA
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24

• Total Badges: 24
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2013, 01:19 »
The Ace  and Fisher machines apparently  won't handle wet sand  ( I stand to be corrected by those that have actually used them  :)  ) while the Tracker IV will handle the wet conditions as long as you only get the coil wet :) The Ace and Fishers are newer technology and use cheaper batteries and also pinpoint.  So that is just a couple of more points to consider hehe.

It really depends on the model and the beach.

I didnt have any trouble with the EuroAce (double D coil) on wet sand here in Adelaide.  All I needed to do was turn the sensitivity down to 3 or 4 and there were no falsing issues
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Whites Coinmaster GT, Garrett EuroAce, Garrett AT Pro, Pro-pointer, Xpointer
  • Oldest find: Mid-1800's Gilt flat button, 1863 Vicki penny
Oldest coin - 1863 English Penny
Rings sniffed - 8
Spoons - 6

Offline edk

• Copper
  • Damn old timers didnt back fill their holes! lol

0%
    • I live in: Melbourne
  • Liked:

• Total Badges: 17
    Fifth year Anniversary 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2013, 16:09 »
I love the tracker 4, my friend has a xterra... which is alot better, but we find the same amount of stuff or sometimes i find more.

its worked for me very well at the beach, even wet sand... parks hard dirt etc... havent tried gold... but the one major difference i find is... if im not sure on a target i'll get him to scan over it and give a depth and sometimes more of a pin point

but if you don't  wanna spend too much money the tracker 4 is a really good well made machine for the money
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
  • Oldest find: 1915 Australian Penny

Offline Tasrog

• Platinum

10%
  • Liked:

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2013, 22:35 »
The little sniper coil is a ripper on this machine. It doesn't seem to lose much depth and it makes pinpointing a breeze.

Offline Bower bird

• Gold

0%
    • I live in: Townsville, QLD
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5

• Total Badges: 20
    Fifth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2013, 11:52 »
Good luck with the tracker IV, I started out with something similar to it but not as well made.
Good to see another local member.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Began with a Goldsnoop, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Garrett A2B Groundhog. Tried a Excal, now using XS2-pro Sovereign and a XT1700
  • Oldest find: A english military button from about 1885
If it's shiny or moves I'll notice it even if it's a well camouflaged critter.

Offline lures

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2013, 00:02 »
Thanks Bower Bird ,I have been having some great fun around some parks near my house.Found some coins,purse and a badge with it.
cheers gary

Offline seadancer1

• Bronze
  • Happy Hunting

0%
    • I live in: Emu Plains NSW
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:

• Total Badges: 18
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2013, 18:59 »
I started with a Tracker IV ....its agreat little machine for beginners, and can be passed on to the kids/grand kids when you upgrade.
Best in soil and dry sand, not really for salt water.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab Sovereign Elite Bounty Hunter trackerIV
  • Oldest find: roman coin
Cheers, Brenda

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam
anything