collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  Seben metal detector cheap but have you heard of it  (Read 11563 times)

Offline goldpick

• Gold

• Fill this by Posting :)
    36.67%
    • I live in: South East, South Australia
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 516

• Total Badges: 19
    Badges: (View All)
    Fourth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Re: Seben metal detector cheap but have you heard of it
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2013, 00:03 »
Maybe look at the Garrett Ace 150 or 250 if you can extend your finances that far.  These detectors are entry level, a known brand, very popular worldwide, and with access to various aftermarket coils and accessories if required.  Since it is a known brand, if you find detecting is not your cup of tea, at least it will have some resale value.

I think you will get frustrated on a real cheapy detector, I used to have a cheap Micronta detector from Tandy, it was crap, would sound off everytime I touched something with it, it really made me want to give up on detecting before barely getting started.  Knowing you have a half reasonable detector at least you will have some confidence in your machine, and  you can sound off on other guys on the forum to get advice or tips if needed, plus have access to a real warranty vs some reseller buying from faceless chinese factory. Just my 2 bobs worth. :)
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Use: XP Deus, Makro Racer 2, Fisher F75, Teknetics G2, Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Infinium LS, Whites SPP, XP Mi-6, Garrett AT Propointer, Minelab Pro-find, Whites TRX, Deteknix X-Pointer
  • Oldest find: 1806/7 KG3 HP's, penny, shilling & threepence

Offline BlacknWhite

• Silver
  • It's always a treasure to us.

0%
    • I live in: the Illawarra South Coast Region of NSW
    • BlacknWhite
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 394

• Total Badges: 42
    Play It Forward 500 Posts Pre-Dec Full House in a Day Fourth year Anniversary The Gold Ring Cricket Buckle Roo Penny The TON Returned an Item Florin Sixpence Rams Head Shilling
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2013, 19:12 »
Thanks goldpick for your helpful feedback. I have recently been offered a Garrett AT Pro at a very reasonable and now waiting on delivery. Looking forward to using something different.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: seban Extreme (don't laugh), AT Pro, Sovereign GT, 2 x ML E-Tracs and a Tesoro Bandido II
  • Oldest find: 1816 KGIII Sixpence

Offline goldpick

• Gold

36.67%
    • I live in: South East, South Australia
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 516

• Total Badges: 19
    Fourth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2013, 23:03 »
Good stuff, I think you will be happy with your purchase.  Plenty of other owners on here to chat to, plus plenty of you tube vids to watch on the AT Pro in operation.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Use: XP Deus, Makro Racer 2, Fisher F75, Teknetics G2, Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Infinium LS, Whites SPP, XP Mi-6, Garrett AT Propointer, Minelab Pro-find, Whites TRX, Deteknix X-Pointer
  • Oldest find: 1806/7 KG3 HP's, penny, shilling & threepence

Offline ken625

• Gold

0%
    • I live in: melbourne
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 55

• Total Badges: 22
    Fifth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2013, 06:56 »
AHHH~ Save your  bucks  mate !!

Buy this   bewty instead ~

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-Deep-Target-Sensitive-Metal-Detector-Waterproof-06-/251035880770?_trksid=e17002.m8&_trkparms=algo%3DMW%26its%3DC%26itu%3DUCC%26otn%3D6%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D1179186381380606775&_qi=RTM773817
ahhh the good old el cheapo that i started out with......did not find coins at all not even place just under the surface  but the bh is the way to go found me lots of stuff like tasrog i upgraded from the bh to the at pro
  • Detector(s) owned/used: ell cheapo chinesse detector, bounty hunter IV, garret pro pointer , at pro,pro find,deus
  • Oldest find: 1875 shilling

Offline George Liao

• Tin Foil

0%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 3
    First Post
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2017, 09:59 »
I'm new to metal detecting and bought a Seben Deep Target off ebay. 
When I used it in brisbane it was very difficult to use and the sound was very loud (without headphones), but with headphones the sound was so loud it hurt my ears... it has "volume control" as one of it's features however this feature actually refers to the ability to plug in headphones.

I brought it with me to Canberra and it works perfectly though! Maybe the soil is different here but i've taken it out on for a spin while walking the dog and managed to find a bunch of coins in just 30mins, with no false beeping or anything!

Planning to take it to the beach, will let you all know how it goes, but i'm quite happy with it as a starter detector.

Offline Adrian ss

• Gold

13.33%
    • I live in: Canberra
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1

• Total Badges: 20
    Sixth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2017, 10:51 »
It is not a scam metal detector. It does work and will find coins and rings in un- mineralised ground. The detector has Fixed ground balance and as such you will find that it will not perform well over iron mineralised ground and wet salt water beach sand. In the dry sand it is ok but not in the same league as the Minelabs, tesoros, Garretts, Fisher and Whites.
The detector will find coins etc in Parks and garden etc and is an ok starter machine and if you stay in the dry sand at the beach then you will have fun with it.
I did use a Seben VLF for a short time but found it to be very inferior in performance and construction to the mainstream brands.

Just my opinion. Others may think differently
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Sea Hunter MK II, Safari, SDC 2300, 6000DI SL ,BHID,ML Stirling,GS 15000, Sov XS, Lobo ST, relic M 7,Fisher 553D & 555D,CX4PI,Infinium,Spectrum XLT.6000D,6000DI S 3, Gold Spear, Scorpion, CXII & CXIII,Pro Scan,Some Home Built VLFs & PIs and some others.
  • Oldest find: 1797 Cartwheel penny

xx
DIY Metal Detector

Started by Walksalot on Other generic

5 Replies
Last post July 05, 2014, 14:20
by 6666
xx
KTS Metal detector

Started by warren on Other generic

3 Replies
Last post May 26, 2011, 21:06