collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  Pro Find help required  (Read 3369 times)

Offline ianw

• Bronze

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
    • I live in: Western Sydney
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 17
    Badges: (View All)
    Sixth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Pro Find help required
« on: October 01, 2013, 11:31 »
Long story short.
Lost my Garrett Pro Pointer and replaced it with a Minelab Pro Find, after all I have an XTerra. I'm not overly impressed with the unit as I find the higher pitched tone hard to hear due to industrial deafness. I could hear the Garrett whilst wearing ear phones but can barely hear the Pro Find after taking the phones off.

What has really bugged >:( me from day one is the continuous falseing from the Pro Find. I thought the Garrett was bad for falseing but it has nothing on my Pro Find.

I've tried turning the unit off then on again, tried turning it on whilst in contact with the ground in an endeavour to balance it but to no avail.

I can hold the thing above my head and it still bloody chirps away, and no, I don't have a steel plate. ;D

The unit falses to the point that it is very difficult to use, you just don't know if the tip in in vicinity of the target or if its falsing again.

Does any one out there in Mine Lab world know of any tricks/tips to correct this situation or is it a return to Minelab job?

Ian

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=21095.0
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Whites 6000D, X Terra 705, Minelab Pro Find, Garrett Sea Hunter Mk 2.
  • Oldest find: King George 111 Farthing

Offline FSH00

• Platinum
  • Work to live don't live to work

6.67%
    • I live in: QLD
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1699

• Total Badges: 41
    Sixth year Anniversary Returned an Item The Gold Ring The TON Pre-Dec Full House in a Day Wheat Three Pence Comm Penny Sixpence Rams Head Shilling Roo Penny 1000 Posts 500 Posts
Re: Pro Find help required
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 13:44 »
Other than replacing the battery & making sure the the terminals are in contact with the battery it sounds like it has to go back  :(
What type of battery are you using i think it says to use a good alkaline battery.
I have had no problems with mine.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: To many is never enough
  • Oldest find: Vicky (bun) penny 18??
Tally: To old to keep count now

Offline ianw

• Bronze

0%
  • Liked:

Sixth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 14:33 »
Using Eveready Alkaline at the moment.
I'm going to try the Duracell Alkaline which I always used in the Pro Pointer on the off chance that it may improve performance.
I've even added a little packing under the battery cap to ensure a good contact between the terminals.

Ian
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Whites 6000D, X Terra 705, Minelab Pro Find, Garrett Sea Hunter Mk 2.

Offline FSH00

• Platinum
  • Work to live don't live to work

6.67%
    • I live in: QLD
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1699

• Total Badges: 41
    Sixth year Anniversary Returned an Item The Gold Ring The TON Pre-Dec Full House in a Day Wheat Three Pence Comm Penny Sixpence Rams Head Shilling Roo Penny 1000 Posts 500 Posts
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 16:40 »
That definitely sounds like it has to go back to ML.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: To many is never enough
  • Oldest find: Vicky (bun) penny 18??

Offline sirfindalot

• Silver

6.67%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 71

• Total Badges: 32
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Find of the Month Winner The Gold Ring Rams Head Shilling Sixpence Roo Penny Comm Penny 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 16:45 »
Ianw

I had the same with two Pro Finds  no matter where I held it went off like a frog in a sock..

I rang Minelab and sent it back after  10 Days  ( They said they were extremely busy) I received a brand new one.  Tis was last week so I am yet to take it out and give it a full run  I did try in the yard and it seems to work as it should.

I hope that this one will last more thanks 3 hours  fingers crossed..

• Detector(s) owned/used: CTX3030 - Whites MXt pro - Excalibur 11 - Pro Find - garret Pro pointer
  • Oldest find: German coin - 1796
-------------------------------------------------------
" I intend to live forever.    So far, so good. "

Offline ianw

• Bronze

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 18:28 »
Ianw

I had the same with two Pro Finds  no matter where I held it went off like a frog in a sock..

ROFLMAO....Could not have described it better other than to add a few "f's".

I'll stick a new Duracell in the unit and see how it goes, if no improvement then back to Miners Den it goes.

I'm just so disappointed with the whole experience, I really was expecting it to out perform the Garrett because after all it's a Minelab product and I have been wrapped with my XTerra 705.

After reading many positive reviews and effectively having been slapped down on this forum for having the temerity to post otherwise I was determined to persevere and master the beast. Alas two hours of continuous falseing this morning has tipped me over the edge. I'm just totally over the whole experience.

Ian
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 18:37 by ianw »

Offline ANT1967

• If it sounds crappy - still dig it... !!
  • Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Victoria for now ......
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2664

• Total Badges: 38
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Coin Of the Month Winner Find of the Month Winner The Gold Ring Nugget Under 1 Ounce Rising Sun The TON 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 20:23 »
Ive had my Profind since April & after about the first month , It started to false quite a lot & also
quite often , no noise at all ( When right next to a target )

It still does it ( No noise ) but not as much , possibly one in every 20 targets .

I have noticed that it plays up as the battery ages .

I put a 10c piece under the end cap , It seems to have helped .
  • Detector(s) owned/used: - Owned - Sovereign GT, - Own - GPX5000 & CTX3030
  • Oldest find: 1857 Gothic Florin , 1858 Holloway Token , Gold Nuggets .
Anywhere , Everywhere , Nowhere & 
Somewhere are the same place  !!

Offline goldpick

• Gold

36.67%
    • I live in: South East, South Australia
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 513

• Total Badges: 19
    Fourth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 00:59 »
Definitely take it back, no issues with mine so far, works as it should.  Typical cantankerous electronics, if its not button and battery contact issues on the garrets, its falsing on some of the ML's, can't win in some respects.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Use: XP Deus, Makro Racer 2, Fisher F75, Teknetics G2, Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Infinium LS, Whites SPP, XP Mi-6, Garrett AT Propointer, Minelab Pro-find, Whites TRX, Deteknix X-Pointer
  • Oldest find: 1806/7 KG3 HP's, penny, shilling & threepence

Offline junker

• Platinum
  • You are not lost , if you dont care where you are

0%
    • I live in: Avoca Victoria
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3326

• Total Badges: 27
    Fifth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2013, 01:14 »
Mine falsed for a little while , I found it was caused by the switch rubber not returning to level with the surface of the shaft , I have since made sure I pressed it centrally , and havnt had a falsing problem since , I am taking it back tomorrow though , dosnt work anymore , thought it might have a flat battery , went to change it , smells like it burnt out something , I will miss it .
  • Detector(s) owned/used: ExTerra 705 , GPX 5000
  • Oldest find: 1800's wax seal stamp, 1826 shilling , 1861 H/P.

Offline max

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: wyong
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40

• Total Badges: 12
    Third year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2014, 09:39 »
I've had same problem. try turning it off for a while then try again..
  • Detector(s) owned/used: x-terra 705/ minelab pro find25 / excalibur2
  • Oldest find: 1936 half penny/ 1950 half penny

Offline scratchinaround

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: a land of confusion.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 228

• Total Badges: 25
    Sixth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2014, 13:28 »
               There  seems to have  been issues  with   both the garrett  and m/l p/p,s. which is disappointing.  I would  expect better quality   from these makers. there would be  more out there  that aren't members of any  forum . I guess it may be a matter of expectations.   I have  read on other forums, that some are on there third  replacement. haven't heard much about the whites trx yet, which ,if  i   get a p/p -could be the go. consumerism just make me shake my head.  to build  a solid ,quality unit would cost a few bucks more, but it is better marketing than  reading  about  faulty products  and replacements. imo.

• Detector(s) owned/used: used bh discovery 33oo, ace350,m/l 305. now tesoro compadre
  • Oldest find: 1923 sa football members badge,1902/5/6dog reg tags.1910 bottle,66 round 50 cent.1912 farthing.1927h/penny1857/81penny
HOT  DIGGERTY DIG

clip
minelab pro find 25

Started by beepn on Minelab

31 Replies
Last post August 01, 2012, 21:03
by SWEEPER
xx
Go Find info

Started by Rwork on Minelab

0 Replies
Last post June 09, 2015, 10:03