collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  F1A4 Modified on Ebay.  (Read 14136 times)

Offline jasondavis

• Iron

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
    • I live in: Perth
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 5
    Badges: (View All)
    Third year Anniversary First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Re: F1A4 Modified on Ebay.
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2014, 11:02 »
Hi Kris,

I tried this and it worked fine.  Tried jacking up the voltage a bit (to 7.2v) but didn't seem to improve performance.  Anyone know if these have a voltage regulator in them?  Seems like it.

Cheers
  • Detector(s) owned/used: f1a4
  • Oldest find: old

LazyTrommel

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2014, 14:43 »
LT I see the battery socket has six wires don`t what these are all for ?? is it ok to
connect an external 6 volt battery to just A+ and D- or would this cause a problem.
kris

Basically its got its own regulator in the battery pack, it  draws 3v from each pair of batteries. rather than pulling a straight 6v.

LazyTrommel

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2014, 14:51 »
As for the crystal freq, No idea.. never messed with the original crystal, oneday when I'm playing around with mine I'll hook the scope up to it and find out.

LazyTrommel

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2014, 16:02 »
Never had any experience with any of the above units, other than the F1A4... I'd say it all relies on you getting your hands on one for testing.. which might not be so simple.. 

All the options sound good, to be honest when i bought my first F1A4 i figured it would be a tin can finder at best, it surprised the hell out of me when with minimal mods it beat out my 2100v2 and was on par with my current GP 3000..  

I would like a variable gain, and to be able to control the tone of the threshold (current high pitch one drives me nuts) I tried adding a low pass filter on the output but it had no effect. (obviously i was doing it wrong) lol..

We need an Open source mods section on the forum.. (though i doubt the people in the know will share anything) too much money in it..

Offline jasondavis

• Iron

0%
    • I live in: Perth
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 5
    Third year Anniversary First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2014, 16:11 »
I agree on a place to share notes on tinkering!
  • Detector(s) owned/used: f1a4
  • Oldest find: old

Offline Bower bird

• Gold

0%
    • I live in: Townsville, QLD
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5

• Total Badges: 20
    Fifth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2014, 16:43 »
I just copied my posts before removing them to move them to a more appropriate thread (a new thread), will add back in my original question though as it is relevant to modding as the f3Ci has alot of the features of the modded f1A4's and I was trying to get help to decide which was better and cheaper, the f3's or a modded f1A4.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Began with a Goldsnoop, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Garrett A2B Groundhog. Tried a Excal, now using XS2-pro Sovereign and a XT1700
  • Oldest find: A english military button from about 1885
If it's shiny or moves I'll notice it even if it's a well camouflaged critter.

xx
F1A4 D.I.Y. modifications.

Started by axtyr on Minelab

1 Replies
Last post October 11, 2014, 15:29
by Rwork
xx
Which to go,a type of the F3 or a modded F1A4?

Started by Bower bird on Minelab

9 Replies
Last post October 22, 2014, 16:13
by Bower bird
xx
Equinox eBay

Started by ivanll on Minelab

2 Replies
Last post March 07, 2018, 20:59
by commodore1979
xx
fake gpx5000 ebay