collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  sd2200d upgrade  (Read 1631 times)

Offline pirateandy

• Iron

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
    • I live in: warwick QLD
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 9
    Badges: (View All)
    Fourth year Anniversary First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
sd2200d upgrade
« on: November 17, 2013, 22:19 »
gday guys. just got hold of a sd2200d for a great price with a couple of coils. wondering what any users think of getting the upgrade done and what are the positives of doing it. also the battery is a heavy bugger what are the alternatives there. I also see that a speaker and booster is only around 30 bucks are they worth it. I got 2x 14 inch coiltech DD coils with it and would like to swap one for a mono if anyones interested. thanks in advance. andy

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=21762.0
  • Detector(s) owned/used: infinium

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

• Fill this by Posting :)
    100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 949

• Total Badges: 51
    Badges: (View All)
    Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn
Re: sd2200d upgrade
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 07:37 »
You would get used of the large battery but a 4 amp battery can be purchased. This will charge using the same charging system you have. Get a later model harness,these help with the weight. Be prepared to dig some deep holes if you lock onto something with one of the 14" coils. Are either marked DD Pro?
The amp is a good idea even if you wear headphones,sometimes the quiet signals get overcome by wind noise. Looking forward to seeing some gold soon.
Ps,i have only used one " upgraded" machine,it worked better on air tests but was very noisy to use which defeated the purpose of the upgrade. Minelab will not repair any modified machines.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 07:40 by Rwork »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

xx
sd2200d battery

Started by pirateandy on Minelab

3 Replies
Last post November 19, 2013, 08:00
by Rwork

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam