collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  15 months for the pro-Find  (Read 7524 times)

Offline FSH00

• Platinum
  • Work to live don't live to work

• Fill this by Posting :)
    6.67%
    • I live in: QLD
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1699

• Total Badges: 41
    Badges: (View All)
    Sixth year Anniversary Returned an Item The Gold Ring The TON Pre-Dec Full House in a Day Wheat Three Pence Comm Penny Sixpence Rams Head Shilling Roo Penny 1000 Posts 500 Posts
15 months for the pro-Find
« on: January 06, 2014, 13:14 »
Well after 15 months of moderate use the pro-find is starting to spit the dummy, the on/off switch is playing up & driving me nuts  ::)

It seems to make up its own mind if it wants to turn on or not or just not at all, very frustrating when in the middle of a hunt  >:(

It did last longer than the Garrett allthough I haven't had any dramas with the new replacement yet.

Thought I would call the dealer (Brisbane Gold) from were it was purchased to see if they would just refere me directly to M/L for repairs but was very happy to be told just send it back & we will take care of it   :)  thanks Cory.

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=22368.0
  • Detector(s) owned/used: To many is never enough
  • Oldest find: Vicky (bun) penny 18??
Tally: To old to keep count now

Offline OPYR

• Bronze

0%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 18
    Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Re: 15 months for the pro-Find
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 23:33 »
Such a great store. I bought all mine of the ebay site for the store based in Vic. But they figured out where I was and got my orders sent from Brisbane Gold. Bendigo Gold and Brisbane Gold are all the same guys.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: X-Terra 305, Minelab Gold Monster 1000
XT305 Spendables Tally: $6.70

Offline Boot Tack

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: CQ
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 284

• Total Badges: 22
    Fifth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 06:54 »
Mine is getting close to 15mths  and also does not trun on properly some times, but that is probably due to some rattles it has developed from throwing it on the ground accidently a few times ;D ;D ;D.  I still prefer it over the Garrett
  • Detector(s) owned/used: CTX 3030 and most Minelab detectors
  • Oldest find: 1852 Penny

Offline OPYR

• Bronze

0%
  • Liked:

Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 18:03 »
Yeah. I think I've developed into somewhat of a M/L fanboy ;D

Offline goldpick

• Gold

33.33%
    • I live in: South East, South Australia
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 516

• Total Badges: 19
    Fourth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 03:32 »
My Pro-find is starting to act up, sometimes when first turned on, it fails to register on any metal object, then will start working without warning, usually comes good after turning it off/on again a few times. I tend to favour my Nokta RS pinpointer these days, never had an issue with it, it is much cheaper to purchase, and I also find it more sensitive over the Pro-find. :)
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Use: XP Deus, Makro Racer 2, Fisher F75, Teknetics G2, Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Infinium LS, Whites SPP, XP Mi-6, Garrett AT Propointer, Minelab Pro-find, Whites TRX, Deteknix X-Pointer
  • Oldest find: 1806/7 KG3 HP's, penny, shilling & threepence

Offline OPYR

• Bronze

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 19:48 »
Does your's do this weird thing where if you have the sens maxed out, moving it around the object after a while it's starts falsing. As in you take it out of the hole, hold it way up in the air and it keeps beeping???

Offline FSH00

• Platinum

6.67%
  • Liked:

Sixth year Anniversary Returned an Item The Gold Ring The TON Pre-Dec Full House in a Day Wheat Three Pence Comm Penny Sixpence Rams Head Shilling Roo Penny 1000 Posts 500 Posts
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 20:43 »
My old garrett used to do that but not the new one & never had that prob with the pro find.

Offline OPYR

• Bronze

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 23:56 »
This is a Pro-Find. You reckon I should send it in or not worry about it? It's not really too much of a problem. All you have to do is flick the sens down one then flick it back up.

Offline FSH00

• Platinum

6.67%
  • Liked:

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2014, 00:37 »
I know of another one that's playing up like that but it's up to you if you can put up with it  ;)

Offline Burr Cutta

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Grenfell nsw
  • Liked:

• Total Badges: 13
    Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2014, 12:21 »
Have had my pro find for 12 months at times it also falses if  you push it too hard into hard ground with the sensitvity too high, and when turning it on having it anywhere near metal before the last beep it wont work (i always check it on my steel caps before looking for the target) and the most trouble i had was when the battery was going flat and i didnt realise.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: ctx 3030
  • Oldest find: 1898 six pence

Offline BlacknWhite

• Silver
  • It's always a treasure to us.

0%
    • I live in: the Illawarra South Coast Region of NSW
    • BlacknWhite
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 394

• Total Badges: 42
    Play It Forward 500 Posts Pre-Dec Full House in a Day Fourth year Anniversary The Gold Ring Cricket Buckle Roo Penny The TON Returned an Item Florin Sixpence Rams Head Shilling
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2014, 23:42 »
Our also has a problem, sometimes. Most of the time it behaves although now and again if you apply pressure to it it will start beeping and not stop until you turn it off then on again. Even then it may do the same thing all over again. It's annoying but most of the time it's just great and we're willing to put up with that small problem. We blame it on the wind. :P
  • Detector(s) owned/used: seban Extreme (don't laugh), AT Pro, Sovereign GT, 2 x ML E-Tracs and a Tesoro Bandido II
  • Oldest find: 1816 KGIII Sixpence

Offline junker

• Platinum
  • You are not lost , if you dont care where you are

0%
    • I live in: Avoca Victoria
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3326

• Total Badges: 27
    Fifth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2014, 00:43 »
Mine was doing that for a while , I read a post put up by some one on the forum , if you put your detector coil 90 degrees away from you when you put it down to find the target , that should help quieten it , I have tried it and it works sometimes , what I will try next time if I think of it is do a noise cancel on the detector with the Pro Find on and see if that works .
  • Detector(s) owned/used: ExTerra 705 , GPX 5000
  • Oldest find: 1800's wax seal stamp, 1826 shilling , 1861 H/P.

Offline dodgeyfitter

• Iron

0%
    • I live in: Denman NSW
  • Liked:

• Total Badges: 8
    Fourth year Anniversary First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2014, 20:26 »
My first one just ate batteries - 5 in 10 day trip to Frazer Island and I didnt use it everyday, you would pull the battery out and it would be that hot I couldn't hang on to it, Had it swapped for a new one (after the longest 3 weeks of my life) now this one has a mind of its own, On start up if you hold it at the right angle it will beep and commence work but you have to have it at the right angle, also will start beeping and not stop untill you turn it off and it does a few of the same things other owners have listed here too.
I thought about taking it back again but lossing it again for another 3 weeks didnt appeal to me, it does do a good job when it goes
Cheers
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Xterra 705, Minelab Pro Find 25
  • Oldest find: 1881 English Shilling

Offline OPYR

• Bronze

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2014, 18:13 »
Yeah. Guess I'll just hang on to mine. I just wish the rumble feedback had a little more oomf.

Offline FSH00

• Platinum

6.67%
  • Liked:

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2014, 15:11 »
 My pro Find turned up at the door this arvo, well not my original but a brand new one  ;D very happy with getting a replacement.

I reckon that's pretty good service from Minelab considering the age of the old one  8) ,did I say I was happy  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Pete.

tonyw

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2014, 17:09 »
Mines 16months old and has outlasted the Garrett by 7months.

Mine has its moments, nothing major, but overall i prefer it to the Garrett

Offline Count Pierre

• Platinum

0%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 411

• Total Badges: 35
    Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2014, 18:57 »
My Garrett is now 3 years old.

It's been dropped, submerged, trodden on many times, & is still going strong. :)

Tried a ML when they first came out,  & didn't like it, so I sold it & bought a second Garrett, which hasn't been used yet. ;)

CP
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Whites DFX + 5 Coils ,Whites MX5
  • Oldest find: 1817 George 3 Shilling
If I can't handle it, I'll go & have a few beers, or a red wine....or both.... & go from there!

Offline FSH00

• Platinum

6.67%
  • Liked:

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2014, 19:49 »
I think it's like detectors, horses for courses, the Garrett I use on the beach because it's loud & has a strong vibration, the Pro find gets used looking for older coins when digging plugs so the sens can get turned down to exactly pinpoint the coin so not to damage it & turned on silent for night time work.
 Then there is the pistol prob for Goldie hunting when not wanting to dig plugs for the deeper coins but need that extra depth to find the exact location to pop them out  ;)

Offline Stewyd

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Adelaide
  • Liked:

• Total Badges: 15
    Fifth year Anniversary 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2014, 21:11 »
Batteries batteries batteries ....it makes a huge difference with pro pointers I recon. Good quality battery ur laughing cheap your gonna get falsing etc etc...
  • Detector(s) owned/used: ctx3030, gpx5000,At pro xterra 705. ETRAC whites GMT , eureka gold
  • Oldest find: 1869 half penny

Offline yellastuff

• Silver
  • Another Pulltab ! Bugger .

0%
    • I live in: SE Queensland
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 81

• Total Badges: 20
    Third year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2014, 21:27 »
I think it's like detectors, horses for courses, the Garrett I use on the beach because it's loud & has a strong vibration, the Pro find gets used looking for older coins when digging plugs so the sens can get turned down to exactly pinpoint the coin so not to damage it & turned on silent for night time work.
 Then there is the pistol prob for Goldie hunting when not wanting to dig plugs for the deeper coins but need that extra depth to find the exact location to pop them out  ;)

How do you turn the pro find to silent ?    Gaz
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Explorer SE Pro ,Minelab Profind
  • Oldest find: 1886 QV Penny
mmmmmmmmmmm  pre dec

Offline FSH00

• Platinum

6.67%
  • Liked:

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2014, 21:59 »
You hold down the - button whilst turning it on, only need to do this once, then if you want sound you hold down the + button whilst turning it on  ;)

Offline Stealth914

• Bronze

0%
    • I live in: NSW nth east
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 37

Fourth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2014, 20:36 »
Yeah mines just started playing games & it's never been dropped or forced into the dirt or rocks.
New lithium 9v n all types 
Sometimes you turn it on & it doesn't do the last beep so doesn't pickup any metal not even a big metal shovel.
Other times it yeah beeps its head off when you sit it aside & then doesn't stop till you turn it off .
So yeah mine may have to visit the doctor soon.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Now the precious 3030 woohoo,Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab pin pointer 25, Nel Hunter
  • Oldest find: 1846 Four Pence yehaw
Dirt Fishing gotta love it

tonyw

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2014, 07:17 »
Mine will be 2 years in November, its getting tired but it had alot of use.
2 points i dont like, the speaker hole fills up with crud more easily than the Garret and even when crudded up the Garrett is louder. As mentioned above, it sometimes fails the last beep on start up so i just boot it up again.

The continuing to chatter when you set it aside could be one of 2 things
1: you have it sitting on a metal object underneath it or 2: you have left it long enough thats it calling you to find it.

I have a new Garret and a new Pro find still boxed, wont need a new pointer for awhile, hopefully.

Offline Marty

• Gold

0%
    • I live in: Hawkesbury River Region NSW Australia
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 88

• Total Badges: 44
    Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts The Gold Ring Returned an Item Coin Of the Month Winner Coin of the year Half Soveriegn The Crown Comm Penny Nugget over an Ounce Full Sovereign 500 Posts
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2014, 07:48 »
My Pro-find is starting to act up, sometimes when first turned on, it fails to register on any metal object, 

Mines been doing that for a while , just hit the sensitivity button and it will work straight up 

Marty 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Old -GP3000/3500, GPX 4000,4500, GB1 , GPX5000, current XTerra705 , ForsGold, CTX3030 , SDC2300 , GPZ7000
  • Oldest find: 1797 Cartwheel , 1806 & 07 George III half penny, 1823 & 25 Farthing , 1825 George IV Penny ,1876 20 Mark Gold German Wilhelm I, 1889 Queen Vic Jubilee Head Double Florin, 1937 Australian Crown, lost gold ring over 120yr ago, returned property owner
"Just Dig It and it will come"

Offline AngerManagement

• Gold
  • Any day above ground is a good day.

26.67%
    • I live in: Brisbane
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1708

• Total Badges: 21
    Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2014, 22:33 »
The MineLab Pro find is not so easy to repair/fix; thus if you send back under warranty = New one...
The main reason for this is that they have glued the system together... And if you attempt to pull apart, you just break even more things...
I have repaired one, works well but does not look so pristine ;D  
  • Detector(s) owned/used: excal 1000, x-pointer, 705 ,Gamma 6000 & CTX3030
  • Oldest find: ME
So can I use braid and how tight should the drag be set  when Sand Fishing...

clip
minelab pro find 25

Started by beepn on Minelab

31 Replies
Last post August 01, 2012, 21:03
by SWEEPER
xx
Go Find info

Started by Rwork on Minelab

0 Replies
Last post June 09, 2015, 10:03
by Rwork