collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  Beach hunter  (Read 1899 times)

Offline Craig

• Copper

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
    • I live in: gold coast
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4

• Total Badges: 18
    Badges: (View All)
    Sixth year Anniversary 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Beach hunter
« on: May 13, 2014, 17:12 »
Hi All need a bit of advice when you have the 300 in disc do I need threshold humming away,I know you need it in all metal listening for the change but I carnt see why I need it in disc any advise of the pros would be great.   Thanks

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=23911.0
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Infinium, ace 250,bounty hunter sharpshooter bounty hunter platinum, tracker iv,Tesoro u max, Tesoro cibola with cleansweep ,Tesoro sand shark mine lab ctx,whites beach hunter,vibra pro 750
  • Oldest find: 1882

Offline Stalker

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: Padbury , west ozz
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 775

• Total Badges: 24
    Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Re: Beach hunter
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 18:21 »
Probably best not to run any threshold on the beach ..buried sea weed will false .. And you'll be digging for no reason. .. imo . 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: some call it the armadillo some say its ugly I think its feral . atx
  • Oldest find: 1877 coin that had been turned into a necklace , gave to the bruthern pub
Does chuck norris use a metal detector on the beach ..no he is the metal detector and the beach comes to him ..

Offline Craig

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

Sixth year Anniversary 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 18:37 »
Hi Stalker I'll try again you need threshold in all metal, but do you need it in disc, in disc I have 3 different tones to tell me when I have a target, so why do I need threshold   ? 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Infinium, ace 250,bounty hunter sharpshooter bounty hunter platinum, tracker iv,Tesoro u max, Tesoro cibola with cleansweep ,Tesoro sand shark mine lab ctx,whites beach hunter,vibra pro 750

Offline Stalker

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: Padbury , west ozz
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 775

• Total Badges: 24
    Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 19:38 »
If I was gold prospecting I would run threshold in all metal .. but not at the beach in either mode .. imo .  The reason is the minerals in the sand vary and with threshold humming away will false tricking you Into thinking it might be a deep target .. Imo .. 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: some call it the armadillo some say its ugly I think its feral . atx
  • Oldest find: 1877 coin that had been turned into a necklace , gave to the bruthern pub

Offline Adrian ss

• Gold

13.33%
    • I live in: Canberra
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1

• Total Badges: 20
    Sixth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 09:22 »
I used a BHID for around 12 months.
Yes you have the ID tones in disc but I found it to advantage to set an audible threshold in disc in order to hear any targets that do not set the ID Lights On. I dig all targets and chase the slightest threshold whisper at the beach.
I found the BHID to be a bit touchy over heavy black sand so you could set the threshold low but even then the lights will still jump about. The ID lights on my BHID appeared not to be affected by the threshold setting.
Lowering the Sensitivity will kill response to noisy ground at the loss of target detection depth and ID light sensitivity.
over all I liked the BHID for salt beach work. It is very stable, achieves OK depth, allmost zero learning curve  and transits from the dry to the water with hardly a murmer and is not effected by wave action over the coil. (Well mine wasn't)  
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Sea Hunter MK II, Safari, SDC 2300, 6000DI SL ,BHID,ML Stirling,GS 15000, Sov XS, Lobo ST, relic M 7,Fisher 553D & 555D,CX4PI,Infinium,Spectrum XLT.6000D,6000DI S 3, Gold Spear, Scorpion, CXII & CXIII,Pro Scan,Some Home Built VLFs & PIs and some others.
  • Oldest find: 1797 Cartwheel penny

Offline Craig

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 14:12 »
Adrine ss thanks for the information that's Gould to know I wasn't sure,I would hate to walk over a big ring because I didn't know thanks . Stalker thanks for your input.

question
Beach Hunter 300 = DFX Waterproof?

Started by tailofdog on Whites

6 Replies
Last post January 16, 2012, 17:55
by Count Pierre
xx
whites V3i on the beach

Started by alimo88 on Whites

3 Replies
Last post May 01, 2012, 21:56