collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  Coiltek WOT 15" ????  (Read 4051 times)

Offline TreasureMan

• Iron

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 7
    Badges: (View All)
    Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary First Post One year Anniversary
Coiltek WOT 15" ????
« on: November 10, 2014, 20:10 »
Hello Friends,
I plan to buy Coiltek WOT 15" for Minelab Explorer SE, but I do not understand what is the difference between old style WOT 15" and new spider style WOT 15" and how they compare to Detech SEF 12"x15" .

Please give me as many details as possible.

In advance Thank you.
Any comment is much appreciated! :)

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=25636.0
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab Explorer SE , Bounty Hunter Land Star

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 944

• Total Badges: 51
    Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn
Re: Coiltek WOT 15" ????
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 23:16 »
Your profile doesn't say where you are TreasureMan. Us Victorians just ring Coiltek in Maryborough for info.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

Offline The Catseye Cleaner

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: Mackay QLD
    • The Catseye Cleaner
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 542

• Total Badges: 28
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 23:31 »
On the explorer series, go the SEF, (IMHO). It's as heavy as lead and you will grow muscles in your poop but in my experience it's more stable than the (old) WOT coil and not that much heavier. Cannot comment on the spider for that particular detector, but the spider rocks on the Sovereign elite.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab Explorer II x 2 + Sunray X1 probe, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab Sovereign Elite, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett A2B, Minelab CTX3030, Garrett Pro-Pointer Detectnix X-Pointer, Garrett Carrot, Minelab Musketeer Advantage.
  • Oldest find: 1805 - 1806 King George III Large Penny
If it ain't got an 18 in front it's just another coin.

Offline OL 56

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Ferntree Gully,Victoria.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 346

• Total Badges: 32
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 23:34 »
Both styles of Coiltech coils operate the same Treasureman, the Spider is the later model having extra lateral bracing, they are available in 3 frequency's, 3,7.5 and 18.5 kilohertz, which one do you want to compare to the Detech?, I have the original 7.5khz and have had no problems, it is a great all rounder....cheers Colin.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Garrett Groundhog,SD2000,XTERRA 705,Garrett Seahunter, Minelab Excalibur 2,Tesoro Mojave
  • Oldest find: Sixpence 1835
sent from my OL keyboard using 2 fingers

Offline goldnugget01

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: Wide Bay Qld
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544

• Total Badges: 22
    Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 00:33 »
Both styles of Coiltech coils operate the same Treasureman, the Spider is the later model having extra lateral bracing, they are available in 3 frequency's, 3,7.5 and 18.5 kilohertz, which one do you want to compare to the Detech?, I have the original 7.5khz and have had no problems, it is a great all rounder....cheers Colin.

You would be referring to the Xterra compatible WOTS which have the 3 frequencies built in (dodgy move by ML IMO for aftermarket sales), but any how I cant vouch for the Explorer series WOTS as I haven't used one but can vouch for the Platypus 12x8 from coiltek which I recently bought new from Brian...Cracker coil compared to the old original coil and also the X12 coil I was using till now.  Runs better on the beaches (haven't used it on land) and happy to run maximum manual sensitivity up higher away from the water without a murmur till you hit a target and also has much better target separation, and even the noise you get running higher manual sensitivity is more manageable with targets still booming through.

As mentioned, the only difference between the 2 styles is that the extra prongs are for extra support for the outer part of the coil (I call it the Dubai Palm design ....google Dubai Palm Island and you will see why).
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 00:38 by goldnugget01 »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: ML Explorer SE - std DD coil & ML x-terra 70. Coils: std concentric, 10x5 18.75DD, 15" 18.75DD
  • Oldest find: 1912 threepence...make that an 1899 Penny..make that an 1861? German 4 Pfennige. A suss looking (but confirmed) 1830-1837 half crown
Every day is 'Clean Up Australia Day' when you go detecting.

Offline TreasureMan

• Iron

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2014, 01:31 »

I plan to buy this one : http://www.kellycodetectors.com/products/search-coils/1319-C040009/15in-all-terrain-search-
It doesn't say which frequency is it of. It says that it is just for Explorer and E-trac series...
So how would you compare it to Detech SEF 12x15 ?

Offline TreasureMan

• Iron

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2014, 01:33 »
can vouch for the Platypus 12x8 from coiltek which I recently bought new from Brian...Cracker coil compared to the old original coil and also the X12 coil I was using till now.  Runs better on the beaches (haven't used it on land) and happy to run maximum manual sensitivity up higher away from the water without a murmur till you hit a target and also has much better target separation, and even the noise you get running higher manual sensitivity is more manageable with targets still booming through.

Nice to here this...
Hope the new WOT would be improved too...

Offline TreasureMan

• Iron

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2014, 01:35 »
Your profile doesn't say where you are TreasureMan. Us Victorians just ring Coiltek in Maryborough for info.

Thanks for comments...
I'm not in Australia... :)
Here is very little or absolutely no information about Coiltek products...
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 02:34 by TreasureMan »

Offline TreasureMan

• Iron

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2014, 01:38 »
On the explorer series, go the SEF, (IMHO). It's as heavy as lead and you will grow muscles in your poop but in my experience it's more stable than the (old) WOT coil and not that much heavier. Cannot comment on the spider for that particular detector, but the spider rocks on the Sovereign elite.

Thank you for comments.

Offline TreasureMan

• Iron

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2014, 01:39 »
Just can't imagine if there is no improvement in new WOT, why is its price twice as much as the old WOT.

If there is any improvement, What is it?

Offline FSH00

• Platinum
  • Work to live don't live to work

6.67%
    • I live in: QLD
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1699

• Total Badges: 41
    Sixth year Anniversary Returned an Item The Gold Ring The TON Pre-Dec Full House in a Day Wheat Three Pence Comm Penny Sixpence Rams Head Shilling Roo Penny 1000 Posts 500 Posts
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2014, 09:52 »
Depends on what you are going to use it for,the wot coil would be good for the dirt & dry sand,original coil or SEF coil for the wet sand,
I have a 13in detech ultimate coil on the exploder & sov gt, great coil, light & a nice size but use it in the dirt only.
Looking at a NEL hunter coil for the exploder or sov at the moment,had one on a fisher f5 & made it come alive,still get good coverage 12.5x9.5 with great target separation but don't know how they would go on the wet sand.
Just my opinion on a few few coils that I have used 8)
  • Detector(s) owned/used: To many is never enough
  • Oldest find: Vicky (bun) penny 18??
Tally: To old to keep count now

Offline OL 56

• Platinum

100%
  • Liked:

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2014, 18:44 »
Hi Treasureman, I see what you mean, your detector is a multi frequency machine so that coil you provided a link to would not be a specific frequency as the machine controls that. The coils I  was referring to are a fixed frequency to suit the X terra series, apologies for the confusion, have you compared the price from Coiltech here in Oz, don't forget to include postage......cheers Colin.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Garrett Groundhog,SD2000,XTERRA 705,Garrett Seahunter, Minelab Excalibur 2,Tesoro Mojave

Offline TreasureMan

• Iron

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2014, 19:13 »
Hi Treasureman, I see what you mean, your detector is a multi frequency machine so that coil you provided a link to would not be a specific frequency as the machine controls that. The coils I  was referring to are a fixed frequency to suit the X terra series, apologies for the confusion, have you compared the price from Coiltech here in Oz, don't forget to include postage......cheers Colin.

Hello,
Thank you for your advice about "Oz", but I did not get what you mean...
Could you clarify?

Offline OL 56

• Platinum

100%
  • Liked:

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2014, 19:27 »
Oz is Australia Treasureman, I forgot you are not in the country, Coiltech is based in South Australia but has several outlets around the country, Google will be your friend, best of luck and let us know how you go.....cheers Colin.

Offline Count Pierre

• Platinum

0%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 407

• Total Badges: 35
    Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2014, 19:47 »
Not prepared to say where he lives? :o

Why bother?

CP
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Whites DFX + 5 Coils ,Whites MX5
  • Oldest find: 1817 George 3 Shilling
If I can't handle it, I'll go & have a few beers, or a red wine....or both.... & go from there!

Offline TreasureMan

• Iron

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2014, 01:38 »
Thank you guys for all your support and comments.
It seems new spider WOT coil is just untested by general public of metal detectorists, that is why nobody can compare it to similar size (12"x15") SEF coils. This situation is on all over the web, on American and UK forums...
Seems I have to test it first and compare :)
Good luck Friends ! :)

P.S. I'm from one of the former USSR countries.

xx
Minelab xt17000 & Coiltek 6" Goldseeker coil

Started by goldpick on Minelab

6 Replies
Last post February 10, 2015, 01:13
by Stalker
question
Coiltek Treasure Seeker range

Started by goldpick on Minelab

2 Replies
Last post November 11, 2014, 21:00