collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  Coiltek Treasure Seeker range  (Read 1459 times)

Offline goldpick

• Gold

• Fill this by Posting :)
    33.33%
    • I live in: South East, South Australia
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 516

• Total Badges: 19
    Badges: (View All)
    Fourth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Coiltek Treasure Seeker range
« on: November 11, 2014, 11:05 »
Has anyone formed an opinion on these new coils for the Explorer and Etrac.  I currently own the older versions of the joey and platypus coils, which are not waterproof.
Are there any worthwhile reasons for an upgrade, aside from them now being waterproofied
For the record, I am finding the older orange platypus a much better coil to use on the explorer than the pro coil - much more stable, less prone to emi, and improved target seperation, if not a bit on the heavy side. :)

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=25648.0
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Use: XP Deus, Makro Racer 2, Fisher F75, Teknetics G2, Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Infinium LS, Whites SPP, XP Mi-6, Garrett AT Propointer, Minelab Pro-find, Whites TRX, Deteknix X-Pointer
  • Oldest find: 1806/7 KG3 HP's, penny, shilling & threepence

Offline goldnugget01

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: Wide Bay Qld
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544

• Total Badges: 22
    Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Re: Coiltek Treasure Seeker range
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 11:59 »
I recently had email contact with Coiltek about the coils you mentioned.
The Joey (orange 10X5) and the Treasure Seeker (black) 10X5 are effectively the same coil for the explorer with the exception that the orange one is not waterproof where as the black one is.
The main thing that I want to let you know is that ALL the Platypus coils for the Explorer (regardless whether orange or black) are waterproof from the get go and a bit heavy because they are filled with epoxy resin.
This was the reason for my contact with them to confirm a recent Platypus purchase to find out which were the waterproof ones and which were not and the above is what I was told by them.
Hope this helps
  • Detector(s) owned/used: ML Explorer SE - std DD coil & ML x-terra 70. Coils: std concentric, 10x5 18.75DD, 15" 18.75DD
  • Oldest find: 1912 threepence...make that an 1899 Penny..make that an 1861? German 4 Pfennige. A suss looking (but confirmed) 1830-1837 half crown
Every day is 'Clean Up Australia Day' when you go detecting.

Offline goldpick

• Gold

33.33%
    • I live in: South East, South Australia
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 516

• Total Badges: 19
    Fourth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Re: Coiltek Treasure Seeker range
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 21:00 »
Thanks for that, I had suspicions that the platypus was waterproof, but yet to use it in anger on the beaches.  
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Use: XP Deus, Makro Racer 2, Fisher F75, Teknetics G2, Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Infinium LS, Whites SPP, XP Mi-6, Garrett AT Propointer, Minelab Pro-find, Whites TRX, Deteknix X-Pointer
  • Oldest find: 1806/7 KG3 HP's, penny, shilling & threepence

xx
New? Go-Find range.

Started by Rwork on Minelab

3 Replies
Last post April 03, 2018, 21:53
by ANT1967
question
Coiltek WOT 15" ????

Started by TreasureMan on Minelab

15 Replies
Last post November 12, 2014, 01:38