collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  FORS CoRe Feedback  (Read 4295 times)

Offline Nokta Detectors

• Board Moderator
  • Bronze

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
    • Nokta Detectors
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2

• Total Badges: 18
    Badges: (View All)
    Third year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
FORS CoRe Feedback
« on: December 09, 2014, 20:46 »
Nokta team received the following review from a user in the USA and we are sharing it with you:
''Fors Core, 15 hrs + 3 today on it...
Today the Fors Core finally sank in. Really a pretty simple machine by most standards but outstanding power and some to spare. Flat out speed and separation, I'm gonna keep my mouth silent on that one lol. Yep I own one of the other machines too. The last 3 hunts I have been hunting some of the trashiest places in America I'll promise you that. Did pretty good but nothing special. Not a great place to learn a machine mind you. This morning got out and asked people in their yards about detecting and the first 2 stops were "have at it" replies. Mind you this is ungodly trashy also but not like places I've been hunting where houses have been burned or torn down and everything small was just mixed into the dirt plus 200 yrs. plus of human trash. This might sound crazy but even with the small coil on the Notka one swing in the trashiest places was 15-20 or more metal objects under the coil vs about 8-10 average today. Now the setting, an older home lot where they actually carried most of the stuff off seems like. Got some 20 coins and dug about the same in trash in about 3 hours. Bottle caps were a problem for me, then I learned a little from the machine. The pinpoint on the machine is second to none for me. A bottle cap would pinpoint over or about an inch. They read the same as a dime or maybe a penny 85 to 82 TID. Well I stopped digging them per the coin signature is short as can be when pinpointing. My observations from today, this machine is a TID watchers dream machine. If when scanning what seems to be a good target and the TID gets right, even amongst the below 40 breakpoint grunts and the conductive sounds I'll bet ya 20 bucks a hole something worth digging is there. I'm not calling it a magic machine but in every hole I dug there was several pieces of metal in the 6 inch diameter plugs I dug and more than not nulling in the ground when the plug was flipped out. Very special coil seems like, must have a very narrow detection edge or something IDK. Another unusual trait with this machine is it will overload on anything bigger than a dime at an inch to an inch and a half. Never had a machine do that but just lifting the coil a couple of inches off the ground if it still overloads chances of it being anything good are almost none. Just might be the small coil? I like it once "I adapted". Depth is superb for a small coil, does not follow the usual rules of coil size at all. 
 Dug some coins up to 7 inches today at 40 sensitivity. Before I left I ran the mask up to 70 on the machine and just listened to virtually nothing until I ran across 2 quarters about a foot apart, one at 5 inches and the other a little shallower with nails in each ones plug. I didn't hear them at all just conductive sounds. I am liking this machine a lot and it is sinking in and really put on a show for me today when I realized what it was doing or was capable of. Ergonomics, there is none with the Core if you have any doubts and I cannot see any with the other coils as they weigh just ounces more than the small coil. The machine just wants to hang on your arm like a feather seems like. I actually have less fatigue with this as compared to yes, the other machine. Just might be the most solid made machines on the market that has passed through my hands, build is second to none on that note. I'm headed back out tomorrow for about half a day, more later, maybe a video in the future ‘’

Jack Flynn, USA

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=25876.0
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Nokta & Makro

Offline Aussie Detecting

• Platinum
  • www.aussiedetectors.com

0%
    • I live in: Bendigo Vic
    • Aussie Detecting & Prospecting
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3

• Total Badges: 25
    Seventh year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
Re: FORS CoRe Feedback
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 00:11 »
It was available. You chose the other. You never asked about the CoRe. 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Too many.
  • Oldest find: Roman coin
It's all about having fun.
www.aussiedetectors.com

Offline Aussie Detecting

• Platinum
  • www.aussiedetectors.com

0%
    • I live in: Bendigo Vic
    • Aussie Detecting & Prospecting
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3

• Total Badges: 25
    Seventh year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 00:40 »
That was then. This is now. I have them in stock. But that's not the issue. The topic is about a customers feedback. Your "observations" are yours. You are entitled to them. But why isn't this individual entitled to theirs? I'm not here to argue semantics with you. I encourage your view. But I do feel that every time that Nokta post another point of view it will be debated by yourself. Not by fault of Nokta, but clouded by your "opinion" of myself. If I'm incorrect, fine. But this is merely my obersersation.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 09:32 by Aussie Detecting »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Too many.
  • Oldest find: Roman coin

Offline Nokta Detectors

• Board Moderator
  • Bronze

0%
    • Nokta Detectors
  • Liked:

Third year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 17:48 »
Hello ... First of all, everyone is entitled to their opinion and we respect all. We share customer feedbacks and we will continue to do that because there is more to a detector than performance on certain ground . If a customer thinks that Fors performs equally or better than another VLF detectors in AU, the customers will start wondering about the other aspects such as ergonomics, ease of use, coil options, other features etc etc which have nothing to do with which country the detector is used in. Second, detectors are very subjective. The same detector can be liked or disliked by different users. It all depends on what your needs and expectations are as well as how well you operate the detector. And this applies to all brands in the market. As Nokta, it is impossible for us to send a test unit to everybody who wants to try the product. At the end, we are a manufacturer and not a charity. For the customer feedbacks and videos - most of them are posted on other forums and as we browse through forums and youtube, we come across them and share some of them. This is not something we are requesting customers to do and most of the time we have no idea who they are. The above post is a very good example of this.  So we really do not understand '' the self promoting and biased'' comment, sorry. Finally, as the manufacturer of the FORS Gold /CoRe, we never said they are totally different so I really do not understand what we are trying to prove here. 

Offline Dingo

• Iron
  • mother earth is good at hiding her treasure!

0%
    • I live in: Queensland.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11

• Total Badges: 7
    Second year Anniversary First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2014, 20:55 »
I think that most people are very happy to have Nokta Detectors putting in their time here on this forum, most people don't have the same opinion of a few people that like to be narrow in their view about a detector that they have only used very little detecting with it and when trying to understand what it is telling them.      What other makers of detectors put time in on any of the metal detecting forums?
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Tesoro Valquero, Minelab Excallibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett ATX, Minelab SDC 2300, Nokta Fors Gold, Nokta Fors Core, Minelab GPX 4500, Makro Gold Racer
Dingo

Offline Nokta Detectors

• Board Moderator
  • Bronze

0%
    • Nokta Detectors
  • Liked:

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2014, 21:41 »
I think that most people are very happy to have Nokta Detectors putting in their time here on this forum, most people don't have the same opinion of a few people that like to be narrow in their view about a detector that they have only used very little detecting with it and when trying to understand what it is telling them.      What other makers of detectors put time in on any of the metal detecting forums?

Hello...this is Dilek and I am the Sales and Marketing Manager at Nokta and I wanted to personally thank you for appreciating what we are trying to accomplish. Nokta is selling detectors to many countries all over the world. In some, we have very good presence and in some we still have a long way to go which is a very motivating challenge for us. AU is one of the countries where we want to increase our brand awareness. We did not make the move until we studied the market and had the right product. With FORS as well as our future models, we are confident we can increase our brand awareness here . This does not mean we are perfect in everything we do.We may make mistakes just like all other manufacturers who entered this market before us and went thru the same steps.  The reason we joined the AU forums is to introduce our company and products and get feedbacks from customers to offer the best products and service they deserve. Because we really believe customers should be the start point in every business. Although we got a lot of resistance and biased and sometimes even rude responses (not necessarily on this forum by the way) to our posts, we will continue to be here for those who appreciate what we are trying to do and we sincerely thank you! 

Offline john24gold

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: gold coast
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1

• Total Badges: 23
    Fifth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 09:19 »
Will Nokta bring out a PI detector aimed at the Australian market anytime soon ?
Personally I welcome new brands of detectors , I will use any detector that shows performance and ease of use , some of the ideas that are used in Nokta detectors are great innovations .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab xterra 705, Garrett ace 250 , Garrett at pro, minelab ctx3030 , whites coin master
  • Oldest find: 2000BC Bronze Age terrot ring part..
Sent from my relic display case

Offline Nokta Detectors

• Board Moderator
  • Bronze

0%
    • Nokta Detectors
  • Liked:

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 19:53 »
Will Nokta bring out a PI detector aimed at the Australian market anytime soon ?
Personally I welcome new brands of detectors , I will use any detector that shows performance and ease of use , some of the ideas that are used in Nokta detectors are great innovations .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello and thank you for your nice comments. The answer is yes. Nokta will come out with a PI detector. The R&D team is working on it but there are no set dates yet as we are still in the development stage. Hope this helps. 

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 947

• Total Badges: 51
    Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2015, 11:07 »
Reply 1 and 2 don't seem to apply to the first post. Maybe there has been something deleted ?
Hoping to try a Nokta again this weekend in a trashy area that gold has been found in.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 947

• Total Badges: 51
    Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2015, 18:57 »
I went to a mine near Kingower. So much rubbish laying around i gave up using my 5000. I got into a creek at the back of the mine. The Nokta indicated iron everwhere. Eventually it gave a different signal and came up with a pidgeon ring down deep. A few iron targets later it gave a strangled type of sound. I dug up a little brass sideplate of a pocket knife which was laying with a nail.  Nothing special but it shows their is a chance of a nugget in with lots of iron.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

Offline rocketaroo

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64

• Total Badges: 13
    Second year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2015, 20:03 »
Waiting for a special price on a Core, any offers in the wind?

xx
Fors CoRe

Started by Adrian ss on Nokta

12 Replies
Last post February 20, 2017, 15:06
by ivanll
xx
FORS CORE REVIEW FROM USA EXPERT (MONTE) - 5TH PAGE

Started by Nokta Detectors on Nokta

0 Replies
Last post January 29, 2015, 23:33
by Nokta Detectors
xx
FORS CORE REVIEW FROM USA EXPERT (MONTE) - 1ST PAGE

0 Replies
Last post January 29, 2015, 23:29
by Nokta Detectors
xx
FORS CORE REVIEW FROM USA EXPERT (MONTE) - 6TH PAGE

0 Replies
Last post January 29, 2015, 23:34
by Nokta Detectors
xx
FORS CORE REVIEW FROM USA EXPERT (MONTE) - 2ND PAGE

0 Replies
Last post January 29, 2015, 23:31
by Nokta Detectors
xx
FORS CORE REVIEW FROM USA EXPERT (MONTE) - CONCLUSION!

1 Replies
Last post January 30, 2015, 10:04
by Rwork
xx
FORS CORE REVIEW FROM USA EXPERT (MONTE) - 3RD PAGE

0 Replies
Last post January 29, 2015, 23:31
by Nokta Detectors

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network