collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  Nokta detectors  (Read 2200 times)

Offline Adrian ss

• Gold

• Fill this by Posting :)
    13.33%
    • I live in: Canberra
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1

• Total Badges: 20
    Badges: (View All)
    Sixth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Nokta detectors
« on: December 20, 2014, 22:23 »
There appears to be a lot of discontent drifting through the forum at the moment which seems to be the result of the inclusion of a Nokta detectors section.
This is the "Australian Metal detecting And relic hunting Forum".
Included in this forum are sections for the most popular brand detectors.
Now there is a Nokta section where members can discuss the pros and cons of this brand.
How was the decission made to include Nokta in the forum?
Was it at the request of a majority of members or at the request of one or two Nokta users or dearlers?
I  feel that adding another brand section to the forum should only occure if sufficient numbers of members have shown an interest in that brand and not simply because it is a new detector in the Australian market place.
In the past nokta detectors were not popular in Australia due to their inability to function in our high iron mineralisation and those few that did sort of work here did not come close to matching the manufacturers claims and so Nokta became a dirty word in metal detecting circles in Australia and were rated on a par with LRLs.
From the responses to date it would appear that Nokta is still not tolerated well here. 
It is up to the dealers to market the product via normal means and to  promote sales by demonstrating the ability of the detector out in the field.
It is not for this forum to promote sales or to be a platform for advertising the machine.
Just an opinion, I am sure others will think differently.

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=25990.0
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Sea Hunter MK II, Safari, SDC 2300, 6000DI SL ,BHID,ML Stirling,GS 15000, Sov XS, Lobo ST, relic M 7,Fisher 553D & 555D,CX4PI,Infinium,Spectrum XLT.6000D,6000DI S 3, Gold Spear, Scorpion, CXII & CXIII,Pro Scan,Some Home Built VLFs & PIs and some others.
  • Oldest find: 1797 Cartwheel penny

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 947

• Total Badges: 51
    Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn
Re: Nokta detectors
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 23:05 »
The Nokta section came about because of questions about Nokta detectors and there was not spot to keep the Q and A together. Nokta or Brad asked  the owner for a section and paid him the $50 dealers fee that allows them and others to advertise commercially. The newer Noktas may be better than previous models trialed here. I have told Brad he is welcome to come to a Bendigo prospecting club outing and show us how they work. Hopefully the forum will settle down again and posts get back to normal. Been busy for me lately.  I had to moderate Tonyw who i consider a friend but rules are rules. I know his reasons and hope he returns soon.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

Offline Adrian ss

• Gold

13.33%
  • Liked:

Sixth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 13:26 »
OK I get the drift athough 50 bucks is pretty cheap advertising.
I guess for those who are not impressed with the Nokta's they do not need to read that section  I  am a member of five forums but only participate in those areas that interest me. I donot know of another forum that has a forum within a forum??
I notice that there is a moderator for the Nokta section. Does that mean that the Nokta section is a forum within a forum I presume that this Moderator has no say in the running of the forum as a whole and cannot delete comments about Nokta detectors from other sections of the forum??
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Sea Hunter MK II, Safari, SDC 2300, 6000DI SL ,BHID,ML Stirling,GS 15000, Sov XS, Lobo ST, relic M 7,Fisher 553D & 555D,CX4PI,Infinium,Spectrum XLT.6000D,6000DI S 3, Gold Spear, Scorpion, CXII & CXIII,Pro Scan,Some Home Built VLFs & PIs and some others.

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 947

• Total Badges: 51
    Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 14:50 »
More of a section within the forum that is supposed to have its own mod to look after that section. The Nokta moderator cannot edit or change anything in other sections. Guessing that's why we see other Nokta posts popping up in "general chatter"  and sometimes "Off topic".
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

100%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 147

• Total Badges: 25
    Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 10:37 »
Re posted from: " TreasureNet - The Original Treasure Hunting Website" on 01 Nov. 2014..........It was a reply to a quoted post (the quote is best left out)

AdrianSS....keep in mind the unavailability and hardship in obtaining one over here and it should become obvious why any following and enthusiasm is lacking.............. Never the less should I manage to score a Fors Gold before Xmas, you are welcome come and give it a go and compare to whatever other Brand/Model you wish........Perhaps Iron Hill would test it to the limit............ Haven't seen anyone game enough to show a video on how the FORS CoRe or Gold handle our goldfield ground........... ivanll

Well I now do have my privately owned FORS Gold and it's still available to you,  or as said before on the Nokta board to anyone on this forum who wish to come and give it a test for themselves.

Still free!..... No Joke!

Am no longer seeking to see videos on how the FORS Gold handle our ground.....................seen it and done it myself.

ivanll
There is no honour in fake memberships or postings ! ~ Trust and respect is earned!

Offline Adrian ss

• Gold

13.33%
  • Liked:

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 09:08 »
Hi Ivanll.
Your offer is a good one but my travell capability is limited by cash flow and I feel fairly certain that even without having  tried the Fors Gold on the Iron Hill that I can say it would not fair well although any metal detector that could find gold through that ground would be a winner. Also, my ability to get up to that spot  is fading fast.
I have not purchased a new metal detector in around 3 years and I only managed to get out detecting 4 or 5 times last year, so there is a fair chance that several of my tectors will be appearing on Ebay this year.

The Fors Gold does appear to me to have similar specs  to the Gold bug (not GB Pro)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 09:30 by Adrian ss »

thumbdown
RE. CHEAP CHINESE DETECTORS

Started by scratchinaround on Other generic

7 Replies
Last post March 13, 2012, 01:28
by scratchinaround
xx
Manta Metal Detectors.

Started by ivanll on Other generic

4 Replies
Last post August 29, 2013, 17:10