collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  Makro Racer.  (Read 9068 times)

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

• Fill this by Posting :)
    70%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 147

• Total Badges: 25
    Badges: (View All)
    Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
Makro Racer.
« on: December 26, 2014, 10:47 »
Perhaps the shape to come.

ivanll

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=26044.0
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 15:26 by ivanll »
There is no honour in fake memberships or postings ! ~ Trust and respect is earned!

Offline SVEN1

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Canada
    • Classic Metal Detectors, Tips, Tricks, Mods
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 18
    Fifth year Anniversary 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Re: Makro Racer.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 11:48 »
They said the color red in the picture is brighter than the actual red they are using. More of a red wine color but, if folks prefer black and grey over the deep red. They will change the coloring in the plastic they use.
Release date early 2015

More info at: http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/list.php?2  where there is a large interest happening.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: DeepTech, Tesoro, self built Mirage Pi
  • Oldest find: 1700'S COIN
Classic Metal Detectors, Tips, Tricks, Mods
www.treasurelinx.com

Offline SVEN1

• Copper

0%
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:

Fifth year Anniversary 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 05:42 »
Pictures just released

Offline pepper

• Platinum

3.33%
    • I live in: Tamworthless, NSW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12

• Total Badges: 35
    Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 12:04 »
Looks pretty good. What are the specs on this one?
  • Detector(s) owned/used: E-Trac + propointer
  • Oldest find: 1740-1754 George II halfpenny chinese coin unknown date
A silver a day keeps the doctor away.

Offline Stalker

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: Padbury , west ozz
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 775

• Total Badges: 24
    Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 15:38 »
Nice screen layout with all info placed where it can be seen..........also nice to see a change to a more familiar terminology..................Two (2) red + (positive) buttons, how can one go wrong.....with the set-up.

ha ha, , yes I noticed it too ,,must have some positives going for it as I don't see anything negative ,,,   but i do like the layout of the display 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: some call it the armadillo some say its ugly I think its feral . atx
  • Oldest find: 1877 coin that had been turned into a necklace , gave to the bruthern pub
Does chuck norris use a metal detector on the beach ..no he is the metal detector and the beach comes to him ..

Offline FSH00

• Platinum
  • Work to live don't live to work

6.67%
    • I live in: QLD
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1699

• Total Badges: 41
    Sixth year Anniversary Returned an Item The Gold Ring The TON Pre-Dec Full House in a Day Wheat Three Pence Comm Penny Sixpence Rams Head Shilling Roo Penny 1000 Posts 500 Posts
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 16:59 »
Looks good, straight shaft option maybe ??

Thank you...we do not have a straight shaft for this model, sorry. Some models come with straight shafts and some others with S-rods but it is not only about the looks. Straight or S-rod decision on a detector is really dependant on the overall mechanical design of the detector, the system box location, weights etc. in order to provide the best ergonomis for the end-user.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 20:42 by Nokta Detectors »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: To many is never enough
  • Oldest find: Vicky (bun) penny 18??
Tally: To old to keep count now

Offline Nokta Detectors

• Board Moderator
  • Bronze

0%
    • Nokta Detectors
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2

Third year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, 19:21 »
Nice screen layout with all info placed where it can be seen..........also nice to see a change to a more familiar terminology..................Two (2) red + (positive) buttons, how can one go wrong.....with the set-up.

Clarification - There are no two + buttons. One of them is -. This image is from the 3D program at an earlier stage of the product. 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Nokta & Makro

Offline Nokta Detectors

• Board Moderator
  • Bronze

0%
    • Nokta Detectors
  • Liked:

Third year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2014, 19:22 »
Looks pretty good. What are the specs on this one?

Thank you! More info will be released soon. Thank you for your patience.

Offline Stalker

• Platinum

0%
  • Liked:

Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2014, 21:07 »
Clarification - There are no two + buttons. One of them is -. This image is from the 3D program at an earlier stage of the product.

we know it's photo shopped, ,, even the the word racer in the mirror image " the reflection "  under the detector, ,, just don't let your 3D imager near the final stages of production , it may end up with four + buttons ,, lol ,, 

• Detector(s) owned/used: some call it the armadillo some say its ugly I think its feral . atx
  • Oldest find: 1877 coin that had been turned into a necklace , gave to the bruthern pub

Offline SVEN1

• Copper

0%
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2015, 09:35 »
How about this?

Offline Nokta Detectors

• Board Moderator
  • Bronze

0%
    • Nokta Detectors
  • Liked:

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2015, 21:20 »
How about this?

Hello ...this is not the final unit as it is missing some elements of the final production unit such as the branding, stickers etc. Also, the final color is a little different than this one. These images were somehow shared on the internet by some impatients customers but not a big deal. This is the new Racer. 

Offline SVEN1

• Copper

0%
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2015, 01:43 »
Hello ...this is not the final unit as it is missing some elements of the final production unit such as the branding, stickers etc. Also, the final color is a little different than this one. These images were somehow shared on the internet by some impatients customers but not a big deal. This is the new Racer.

Guess that must be one of the prototypes pictured on the web. Even so, it looks nice as it sits.

Offline SVEN1

• Copper

0%
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2015, 05:26 »
Here's the pricing notice direct from Makro.
I would have preferred the 5.5x10" in the Standard Package.
Like to try one, just out of my budget range at this point. Starting to hear gripes on the US forum that the standard package comes with the larger coil. Folks want the smaller coil. And they don't like the two coil combo, sizes are too similar. Lots of potential buyers are saying no. Lets see if Makro hears the customers now and responds...........

Do not want to keep you guys waiting more..here you go - the official pricing info on the Makro RACER:

STANDARD PACKAGE - MSRP $649US
Includes:
29cm x 18.5cm (11" x 7") DD Search Coil
Headphones
4 x AA Alkaline Batteries

PRO PACKAGE - MSRP $899
Includes:
29cm x 18.5cm (11" x 7") DD Search Coil
26cm x 14cm (10" x 5.5") DD Search Coil
Headphones
AC & Car Charger
4 x AA Rechargeable Batteries
Carrying Bag
Treasure Pouch
Rain Covers
Cap with Official Makro Logo
T-Shirt with Official Makro Logo

Bluetooth headphones as well as all accessories can be purchased separately.

All countries have different laws and regulations as far as taxes etc. so the final price is determined by the distributors.
We only list the suggested price.

Offline Stalker

• Platinum

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2015, 07:01 »
14kHz is what it running  at ,,  649 us = 790 au for the std package but add taxs and mark up probably more like 1000 au or 1200 au ,,, 
it would be interesting to see how this goes on our beaches and parks in western Australia with the dd coils ,, 
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 07:28 by Stalker »

Offline Nokta Detectors

• Board Moderator
  • Bronze

0%
    • Nokta Detectors
  • Liked:

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2015, 20:01 »
Hello all...we see a lot of disappointment with the coils included in the RACER Pro package in other forums.  Nokta and Makro is all about what the customers need because your satisfaction is our motivation. 
We are taking out the 10''X5'' coil from the pro package and replacing it with a 5''x4.5'' small coil and revising the MSRP to $849 instead of $899. Hope this makes some of you guys happy. We will keep the 10''x5.5'' coil as an optional coil. This coil size will be the stock coil on the gold version that will be launched in a few months. Thank you!

Offline Stalker

• Platinum

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2015, 20:26 »
Why not keep the 10x5 and just include the the 5x4.5 ,, that would be a better choice ,, 
So what are the prices the dealers in Australia selling them for ,,,  

Offline Narrawa

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Central West NSW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5

• Total Badges: 14
    Second year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2015, 21:09 »
This coil size will be the stock coil on the gold version that will be launched in a few months.

This is a smart move as the 10x5 is a far better coil for the gold version of the RACER.

It would also be the better size for the Fors models when used as gold detectors. ;D
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Lots
  • Oldest find: A rock...i believe its pretty old...lol
believe

Offline SVEN1

• Copper

0%
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2015, 13:44 »

Offline Nokta Detectors

• Board Moderator
  • Bronze

0%
    • Nokta Detectors
  • Liked:

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2015, 19:02 »
Why not keep the 10x5 and just include the the 5x4.5 ,, that would be a better choice ,,
So what are the prices the dealers in Australia selling them for ,,,  

We cannot determine the final price a distributor will sell it for due to shipping costs + taxes differing in each country. If you were to buy it direct from us for example, you would pay the MSRP + shipping + customs duties if applicable. Hope this helps...

Offline Nokta Detectors

• Board Moderator
  • Bronze

0%
    • Nokta Detectors
  • Liked:

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2015, 18:47 »
Quote from: ivanll on November 15, 2014, 11:37
Will the service/replacement arrangement for the Macro Racer be the same as the Nokta FORS is at present. ???

ivanll  

Correct ...but like we mentioned before, most of the time we do not do repairs but replacements. Let's say you have a bad coil or a shaft under warranty, we just replace it. Service has never been an issue for any Nokta/Makro products in the past and I can confidently say that we will keep it that way. 

Offline Count Pierre

• Platinum

3.33%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 413

• Total Badges: 35
    Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2015, 19:52 »
Our "local" dealer will be $850 + delivery.

$685 delivered sounds better.!

CP
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Whites DFX + 5 Coils ,Whites MX5
  • Oldest find: 1817 George 3 Shilling
If I can't handle it, I'll go & have a few beers, or a red wine....or both.... & go from there!

Offline Tommy Cash

• Platinum
  • Next stop $20,000

0%
    • I live in: Hamilton Hill W.A
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 131

• Total Badges: 34
    Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2015, 00:34 »
Same seller I bought my Makro pointer from and it arrived in good condition. 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Detector- Minelab Sovereign Elite, 15" WOT - awaiting the ressurection. Minelab Excal 1000 -blue headphone beauty, Anderson travel shaft, 1600mh Battery. XP DEUS. Makro pinpointer. Digging Tools- Lesche. Mirage diving knife. Beach Scoop - Stavr
  • Oldest find: 1838 Sixpence
Metal detecting - God's way of redistributing wealth.

Offline Stalker

• Platinum

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2015, 17:40 »
Nokta have been quite lately ,,, not even a peep about the racer being released ,,, 

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 950

• Total Badges: 51
    Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2015, 19:50 »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

Offline SVEN1

• Copper

0%
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2015, 11:37 »
Marketing was in the US for awhile setting up distributor dealer network.
Testers in the US and UK already have been testing and reviewing the Racer. Videos now on Youtube.
First shipments leaving for the US Feb 22nd

https://www.google.ca/search?q=makro+racer&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=ubuntu&channel=fs&gfe_rd=cr&ei=HOrfVI7iDsuD8QeutICYBQ&gws_rd=ssl

xx
THE NEW MAKRO RACER

Started by Nokta Detectors on Makro

24 Replies
Last post February 22, 2015, 20:02
by Stalker
xx
Makro Racer Down.

Started by ivanll on Makro

9 Replies