collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  RACER Rampage  (Read 3109 times)

Offline Narrawa

• Copper

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
    • I live in: Central West NSW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5

• Total Badges: 14
    Badges: (View All)
    Second year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
RACER Rampage
« on: March 22, 2015, 22:37 »
Could not wait to get out to our spot at Hill End to go over the area thats been giving it up for the Fors Gold.
Well the RACER didn't disappoint me in performance. It was right up their with the FG and then some.
Here's a few bits from day one, the local boys took us out to a spot they said had a bit of junk. The top half of the pic is a button fest. Not a bad spot.
The bottom half of the pic was from our usual spot at Hill End today.

Click each image for a beter look.

Ok after a slow start this morning, due to NOT wanting to part with my pillow, we coffee-ed up and hit the road to Hill End to try a few new spots.....ok so they didn't pan out to well, and by lunch we hit the old spot.
Me on the RACER and my other half on the Fors Gold.....first to come up with a goodie was me with this broken badge/hair clip/Broach call it what you like, a good find using Two Tone, gain 85 and ID mask 25 which is a good call in this area.

The RACER exhibits a little front end weight compared to the FG, and i must admit as soon as i held a RACER i knew there was going to be an issue after working the Fors Gold. Not so much an issue, probably more an adjustment im going to have to get use to after being spoiled with the FGs ergonomic splendor. Beach goers will love the weight and neutral buoyancy of the RACERS coil.

The big in your face screen of the RACER is perfection, no issues with the menu system and a speedy on the fly switch from 2tone to 3tone with no lose or pause in the swing. Big sound emanates from under the arm housing even with the protection cover installed, no issue with sound and today was a good day for this as it was relatively windy. The RACERs ground balance feature is simple and fast just like that of the Fors models, and the pie chart updates as you swing giving an easy view of the ground mineralization reading. Iv never seen one update in real time like the pie chart on the RACER, however iv never really payed much attention to the other detectors that have a similar feature. This just happen to catch my eye when checking out the speed in which the numbering system fluctuates from a low iron grunt to a hi-tone within an inch of coil swing. Truly an amazing machine when it comes to unmasking in hi iron infestations. If your not into visual display units...simply get a Fors Gold/Core.....yet both the visual and audio line up well on the RACER and you soon learn with this model, you can hunt with much more reliability using both visual and audio reference. Like the Fors models, if its out of range of the visual reference, the audio reference is still hot and strong.

The pic below was a stunner, sitting alongside a rusty nail and a button to boot, yet the flickering readings kept my interest up as i played with the coil over the target trying to decipher what was taking place beneath the coil.  2x hi tones could be heard along with the unmistakable grunt from a rusty nail. Thinking large bullet shell, you could imagine the shock i got when this came up, then to spot a brass button still sitting in the lose dirt in the middle of the hole. Lucky dig.??...maybe.?

Being selective on what we dig, i decided late in the day to start sifting through some of the smaller hi tones, which we have been ignoring till the lager stuff has been sorted. One dig in particular pulled my up. When i finally got it out of the hole i got this warm fuzzy feeling come over me looking back at the size of the hole, than marveling at my finds smallish size.
I can only guess its the chain of a fob watch.??...If so, looking back at the other pics and finds with the FG, iv almost got the whole watch from this area now. lrh

Another good dig, not sure what it is. Could be the badge of a buckle.???

The Chinese coin was found in this same area,  the missus got that today with the Fors Gold. That gave her a much needed boost and she was on fire after finding it......the Fors Gold is new to her, yet she is finding it a lot easier to use than the units she has been using over the last few weeks....Fisher F19 ..MXT.

Next outing, we will be giving the small DD coils a run, as this area i feel is starting to run short on rewards....not!!

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=26897.0
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Lots
  • Oldest find: A rock...i believe its pretty old...lol
believe

Offline ANT1967

• If it sounds crappy - still dig it... !!
  • Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Victoria for now ......
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2689

• Total Badges: 38
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Coin Of the Month Winner Find of the Month Winner The Gold Ring Nugget Under 1 Ounce Rising Sun The TON 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts
Re: RACER Rampage
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 22:58 »
Owen ,
         Enjoying your posts on the Nokta's .
         Some great finds 
         Keep at it 
      Ant
  • Detector(s) owned/used: - Owned - Sovereign GT, - Own - GPX5000 & CTX3030
  • Oldest find: 1857 Gothic Florin , 1858 Holloway Token , Gold Nuggets .
Anywhere , Everywhere , Nowhere & 
Somewhere are the same place  !!

Offline john24gold

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: gold coast
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1

• Total Badges: 23
    Fifth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 06:40 »
Nice job that looks to be a rowing buckle front .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab xterra 705, Garrett ace 250 , Garrett at pro, minelab ctx3030 , whites coin master
  • Oldest find: 2000BC Bronze Age terrot ring part..
Sent from my relic display case

Offline Dutchy (Jarhead)

• Platinum

70%
    • I live in: Canberra
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1520

• Total Badges: 31
    Fifth year Anniversary 5000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary Find Of the year 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 12:23 »
The bottom one is a rowing buckle - 'its says row brother row'.  Found one last year very similar.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Tesaro Bandido 2, Explorer, ETrac, CTX 3030, Equinox 800
  • Oldest find: 1655 French coin (found in Australia)
Research

Offline Narrawa

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

Second year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 14:24 »
Ok now you have put my mind to rest.....i thought they were cricket bats poking out the side.... and from the limited ability to read the warn out lettering it may have said...
Bow mother bow..... ;D 
I was finding it hard to rest with that. :-\

Cheers for that ay.

Offline Narrawa

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 20:21 »
Good Friday and we was off like a bag of prawns in the hot sun. :o
Hill End look out, here we come...again. ::)
Hit the ground running with no time to spare, the sky looked grubby and every minute counts. The camp ground was packed, and it was still packed on Easter Sundy when we returned for another look see. The rifle range was also packed and there were a few scattered campers throughout the bush. Yep, it rained, but not for long, just enough to make the place wet and sloppy and give the tin panner's a little juice for their pans and other water consuming gizmo's.
The RACER was the tool of choice once again due to the speed and simplicity in operation. Its also proving to be quite the relic hunter.
Iv got many hrs on this detector now and its certainly becoming my goto detector far more than the others i have in my kit. Using the two tone program more so than anything else. Im a little stumped now days as to why im settling for such a simple detector rather than reach for something a little more exciting like the Whites V3i for this kind of work. I guess its pretty simple really, time on the ground is proving  more valuable than fussing around with settings and menus.
The Nokta FG and FC in my opinion are still by far the better ergonomic handling detectors over the RACER. When your holding them for 6-8hrs a day you'll understand why i prefer the FG models in this regard.  Not once has my missus complained about the FG being to heavy or causing her RA to give her grief unlike some of the other models we sport in our kit. Yet, the menu system of the RACER speaks volumes in simplicity over the Fors models. Anyone working one will soon agree that having the ability to flick from one program to the next on the fly is brilliant.
While the RACER continues to give hi-tones on deeply buried flat rusty iron, the number system is starting to help identify such time wasting digs. The old thermometer in the pick below was signaling with a steady display while the iron that accompanied it in the same hole fluctuated the closer i got.  This happened on many occasions in this new area due to the astronomical amount of rusty iron in this location. However one would agree that places like this test both your wit and detector of choice.
The RACER and the FG have one of the fastest recovery speeds out there and their ability to identify metals is becoming apparent the more i use it. Mineralization still pulls them up as it does most other top brand VLF detectors, so no real disadvantages there. While having this much fun, iv neglected to try the smaller DD coil, and will most likely give it a run over this spot on our next visit...i know i said that before but im digging targets at depth in both this new spot and the old spot. While im sure it would help separate much of the targets in these locations...its not the right time just yet as there is still plenty coming out at depth. When the 7x11" is producing the goods, i feel there is no need just yet to swap out the coils to confirm what one pretty much can gather or ready.

Click each for a bigger image.

Yeah i broke the old thermometer trying to straiten it....but i did this before i knew what it was.

Thats another snuff tin, no lid tho. And dig the old sugar bowl lid....silver ware.

No idea....but im betting they were important thingymajingies.

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 950

• Total Badges: 51
    Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2015, 20:31 »
Some more good finds Narrawa.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

Offline Narrawa

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2015, 22:08 »
This new spot has some trash let me tell ya. :o 
But there is a lot of goodies there also, and we aint done by a long shot....kinda breaks the boredom from the old spot we've been working.

Offline Narrawa

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2015, 21:01 »
Took off this morning for another assault on one of our spots in Hill End.
Armed with the RACER i was into it as soon as i got to the spot.
This place is simply riddled in rusted metal, finding an unoccupied spot to perform a GB is all but none existent. During the day i could just make out where they had their shack/tent built/erected. This gave me a small clue as to where better to swing my coil....from then on, it was like taken candy from a baby.
The large 1907 penny was the first of the 4 coins i landed today. The badly decayed whatever it is?... coin/token  followed soon after.
After lunch the other three Half Penny's kept me busy while i played with the settings to try and bring out the hi-tones a little better amongst the trash. I settled on a gain of 65 and an ID Mask of 35. This tightens the disc on the RACER but made the hi-tones a little more easy to pin point. Many targets were right under the iron. How they still signal on small none ferrous targets has me stuffed....but im chuffed at its ability to do it. Swinging the coil sometimes as little as an inch to two  while circling certainly helps isolate the good the bad and the ugly.

Last time out i found another Tobacco tin...bottom half...found its lid today. ;D

The wad of silver just below the buttons, has something imprinted on it, i'll spread that out latter and see if i can read whats stamped on it.?
I'll probably get around to it the day i finally get the lid off the suspected snuff tin.?
All good things take time........im on it!!! ::)
The gismo between the two cogs has London written on it......no idea what that is, but im betting it was probably important. :-\
The padlock top right also has print, should be able to clean that up and get some info on it.

Posted a "help me" on the general forum to see if anyone could shed some light on the coin/token above. I can make out the coat of arms roo and emu, none of the words and only a partial date...184?

Offline junker

• Platinum
  • You are not lost , if you dont care where you are

0%
    • I live in: Avoca Victoria
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3326

• Total Badges: 27
    Fifth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2015, 21:12 »
Looks like you had a great hunt , the piece between the two cogs might be a watch winding key .
  • Detector(s) owned/used: ExTerra 705 , GPX 5000
  • Oldest find: 1800's wax seal stamp, 1826 shilling , 1861 H/P.

Offline Narrawa

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2015, 19:34 »
Sundays finds pending......new spot, new haul of goodies. ;D

Offline ken625

• Gold

0%
    • I live in: melbourne
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 55

• Total Badges: 22
    Fifth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2015, 20:01 »
huh???
why was this moved by nokta  and why do dealers have the power to move topics 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: ell cheapo chinesse detector, bounty hunter IV, garret pro pointer , at pro,pro find,deus
  • Oldest find: 1875 shilling

Offline Nokta Detectors

• Board Moderator
  • Bronze

0%
    • Nokta Detectors
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2

• Total Badges: 18
    Third year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2015, 21:11 »
huh???
why was this moved by nokta  and why do dealers have the power to move topics

Hello... although owned by the same company, Nokta and Makro are 2 separate brands. It is more efficient in terms of following and responding to posts. By the way, we are not a dealer. We are the actual manufacturer of the products and moderator of the Nokta and Makro sub-forums.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Nokta & Makro

xx
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - RACER/RACER 2 /GOLD RACER

Started by Nokta Detectors on Makro

0 Replies
Last post March 02, 2018, 23:11
by Nokta Detectors
xx
THE NEW MAKRO RACER

Started by Nokta Detectors on Makro

24 Replies
Last post February 22, 2015, 20:02