collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  RACER 10x5" DD coil  (Read 804 times)

Offline Narrawa

• Copper

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
    • I live in: Central West NSW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5

• Total Badges: 14
    Badges: (View All)
    Second year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
RACER 10x5" DD coil
« on: April 15, 2015, 22:12 »
Had a bit of a fiddle with this coil today, was so impressed i brought it. ;D
Air tests dont move me, but i had to give it a go, and was impressed with its operation using very low in house gain levels and still getting impressive readings.
The RACER is pretty impressive when it comes to unmasking now with the std coil (11x7") this coil is only going to add to that ability while covering  more ground than the tiny 5" coil.

Looking forward to using this weekend.

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=27082.0
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Lots
  • Oldest find: A rock...i believe its pretty old...lol
believe

Offline Narrawa

• Copper

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
    • I live in: Central West NSW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5

• Total Badges: 14
    Badges: (View All)
    Second year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
Re: RACER 10x5" DD coil
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 15:43 »
Iv done a couple of outings with this coil now and it certainly performs on the RACER.
Very tight coil giving extra value to the RACERs ability to unmask in trashy ground.
Its adds less weight to the RACER and stops that instant discomfort of having a coil heavy detector giving your wrist hell. As i said in the beginning..."S" bend shafts are old hat, and when you pick one up thats coil heavy your reminded of it. This coil takes that irritation away instantly making the detector far more pleasurable to swing for the next 6-8hrs.

The 1845 silver shilling was found in another location on my first outing. The penny is from 1886 and was a solid 82. While many other metals of differing makeups come in at the same number, its the solid repeatable tone that gives it away, and if your lucky, a steady reading on the ID meter will convince you its a worthy dig. I say lucky because if its hindered by trash, your skill level comes into play.  Many of these items as you can see are not overly big in shape, with the larger buckle being the deepest find at about 8".  Pulling things like small buttons alongside rusted metal is what its all about, and the tight operation of this coil gives you a little more flexibility over the std coil for this ability.

images hosting

I pulled out the v3i yesty for its opinion on this area and was reminded of why i like the simplicity now of basic menu detectors. While it has an obvious depth advantage using its larger coil and freq options, its of no advantage when it comes to time on the ground......have settings will fiddle....and fiddle i did in order to try and have it match the speed of the RACER. While it has the ability to adjust some very important parameters, i feel now after having many hrs on the RACER its processioning power is well behind the RACER when it comes to speed. The biggest problem with the v3i is falsing....hit & miss signals and undecided TDIs. The simple 2tone of the RACER is well ahead when it comes to making the decision to dig or not, and while the RACER can and does ID some deeply buried metals incorrectly....the decision to dig them or not comes faster. That problem is also retained in the v3i, only difference is...the RACER has bugger all settings to adjust in order to better the response, meaning you simply make the decision to dig or not while circling the target looking for things like...a steady reading or more solider tone. Not something easily done when you have the ability to manipulate these things through settings and adjustments. The v3i was used, using its ability to report on each of the three frequencies to no real advantage other than the higher 22.5khz giving by far the better ability to separate, however when at depth you lose this ability. 3 frequency combined operation is where the falsing becomes more pronounced.
As much as i enjoy using the RACER for its simplicity, i still enjoy the complexity of the V3i....but geee Whites needs to overhaul their detector layouts and weights.

• Detector(s) owned/used: Lots
  • Oldest find: A rock...i believe its pretty old...lol

xx
10x5 coil

Started by Moose 61 on Makro

2 Replies
Last post July 31, 2015, 15:53
by Narrawa
xx
makro racer coil

Started by Jockaroo on Makro

4 Replies