collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  V3i VDI  (Read 1543 times)

Offline Justafisho

• Silver

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 289

• Total Badges: 21
    Badges: (View All)
    Third year Anniversary Returned an Item Second year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
V3i VDI
« on: September 12, 2015, 20:19 »
Hello fellow v3i users, 

Had mine out today for it's maiden swing. Extremely happy! A Florin shy of a full house. 

My question is this:
Does anybody have an aussie VDI list they'd like to share? 

Thanks in advance 
Justa

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=28110.0
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Whites V3i -CTX3030- AT Pro- XP Deus-Garrett Pro pointer- Whites TRX Pinpointer
  • Oldest find: Canada Nova Scotia halfpenny token(1815)
Never hunted out!

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 947

• Total Badges: 51
    Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn
Re: V3i VDI
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 22:51 »
Anything on this list of use to Australians ? I didn't check it.
http://forums.whiteselectronics.com/showthread.php?58794-VDI-Chart-for-V3i-amp-VX3
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

Offline Narrawa

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Central West NSW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5

• Total Badges: 14
    Second year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 23:48 »
As a v3i owner/operator, keeping a list of target VDIs is of little use to you simply because so many different metals/targets can come in at the same VDI.
You could sit there for some time taking down the VDI for known targets, be they in air or underground. But at the end of the day, much of what you have taken down will be other targets that ring in on the same VDI....then you have to account for normalized and an array of other settings that will skew the readings. Example...Small bits of lawnmower kill sitting beside/under/above a $1 coin, and is not going to read as a $1 coin no more.
Your best to set it up for certain types of hunts, and edit out the numbers above and below known targets as well as editing out the audio for those VDIs. Chose the other settings your interested in and save the pattern.

Or you could simply open the disc and group your audio for certain metals....aluminum...gold...silver..copper brass ect ect....however not even this is fool proof as depth, mineralization and lawnmower kill will still have an effect on your target if its close enough. Its all good to assume a coin is going to show the same value in air as it will in the ground un interfered with by other metals....but in the real world you'll soon learn the audio is far more reliable than visual stimulation. The v3i has some awesome features, but its best feature is its ability to group VDIs with the audio to match. You can have varying blocks of audio coupled to your nominated VDIs with unmistakable tones.
I prefer to keep the v3i simple.....ask less of it and it delivers more....meaning, while it has lots to play with, keep your patterns un cluttered as it will take time to process too many asks.....have more patterns instead.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Lots
  • Oldest find: A rock...i believe its pretty old...lol
believe

Offline Justafisho

• Silver

0%
  • Liked:

Third year Anniversary Returned an Item Second year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 07:57 »
Thanks rework, mostly US though. 

Cheers for that info Narrawa. That does make sense. I did find yesterday the same coins had different numbers. Got caught out well with a penny. Positive I missed heaps as well. 

After upgrading from an AT pro, the learning curve is very steep. Did you just go trial and error? 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Whites V3i -CTX3030- AT Pro- XP Deus-Garrett Pro pointer- Whites TRX Pinpointer

Offline beepn

• Silver
  • detecting since 1977

16.67%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20

• Total Badges: 22
    Sixth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2015, 08:59 »
Here is a lot of info which has been compiled by many v3i uses. I have been using the v3i since its release. It is a detector that you do have to put many hours into to get the best results. Also you need to stay with it and not use another detector and get confused.  You need to make up programs for different types of hunts .
For example use an open program for our decimals if you want accepting 3 vdi each side of the target you are searching for and drop all the rest. For example 50 cent piece accept 45. 46.47.48. 49.50.51. Now I use a high tone for 47.48 a lower tone for the rest. The same with all other coins. With the pre decimals give them a low tone of 5.
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B0Yof4QTY_z8NjVhOTc0ZTEtMDZhYy00NzgzLWJiMjEtM2Q2OTNiZjc2NDJi&hl=en_US
Regards Beepn.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Vallon Whites v3i, Dual Field e-trac, Quattro, Exterra 70, Sovereign xs, Whites Goldmaster, Whites p.i. Minelab 2100, Aquasport, Garrett a2b, Garrett Deepseeker, Garrett bfo, Bridge Wright, Bounty Hunter rb7, Bounty Hunter rb5, Whites 6000d, Whites 6db
Horse sense is the result of stable thinking.

Offline Justafisho

• Silver

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2015, 09:14 »
Wow, thank you beepn! Bit of light reading. Hehe  

Offline Narrawa

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Central West NSW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5

• Total Badges: 14
    Second year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2015, 18:37 »

Did you just go trial and error?
A lot of the time it becomes trial and error yes, much of what you read about the settings on the v3i tend to contradict your own findings. Thats not because the writer does not know what he/she is doing, its mostly because of the array of differences that can be had from one setting to the next, along with the style of hunting your doing and the ground your working. Combo a little of your own settings with that from another operator and green becomes the new yellow. Small changes to two of its programs that start out identical can very quickly teach you how a particular filter responds when a minor adjustment is made....and in my opinion is on of the best ways to learn how all the filters react with one another over undug targets.
Single frequency operation is also another bag of tricks the v3i has on board to mess with your handy cap........lol
Many other makes and models have the same settings as the v3i, its just that on the v3i your able to adjust them. This not only helps you understand the v3i, but chaffs your butt  when you use other makes and models that are not adjustable in the same way.
The learning curve is not steep on the v3i....its simply never ending...... could you imagine if the v3i was to be given regular updates to its software.?.......... AWESOME!!!
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Lots
  • Oldest find: A rock...i believe its pretty old...lol

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam
anything