collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  Gold RACER  (Read 5498 times)

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

• Fill this by Posting :)
    70%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 147

• Total Badges: 25
    Badges: (View All)
    Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
Gold RACER
« on: November 19, 2015, 10:34 »
Seen here.

http://www.makrodetector.com/gold-racer-metal-detector.html

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=28437.0
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 14:06 by ivanll »
There is no honour in fake memberships or postings ! ~ Trust and respect is earned!

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

70%
  • Liked:

Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
Re: Gold RACER
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 10:59 »
 8) +

Now where is that jolly fellow in Red that appear this time of year   :) . . . . . . . . I'll have my   :o   peeled for a seasons special ;D

Offline Narrawa

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Central West NSW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5

• Total Badges: 14
    Second year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 21:15 »
Well its hard to comment on an up and coming machine when your not allowed to speak of its merits during testing ....buts thats now changed.

I was given 3 prototypes to test in our soil at different intervals, each was a modified version of the previous one ...and i would not commit to the first two, till satisfactory results were achieved......that achievement came on the third. And i no longer have any use for my GMT which was/is still classed as a top notch machine. The comparisons from my testing clearly showed me which one was the better unit....and which one i no longer need in my kit.

The optional coil being a concentric has favorable characteristics that should be taken seriously due to the concentric's abilities to ID a little better than DD coils. The resolution of 56khz along with the concentric coil in the less mineralized soils adds a new outlook on finding gold among trash in our gold fields. With the added benefit of a better gain stepping control which also works as a signal amplifier, giving you a much better control over how to set the gain for the ground your working. And in our ground, i found this a real benefit when your able to apply just the right amount of gain control. An example of this was .....a gain of 39 gave you x results, a gain of 40 gave you another level of gain, but the difference in signal strength, or  modulation was minimal due to the way in which the target was amplified. Not seen this since the Whites v3i where modulation in selectable. The GR has this system under wraps and kept simple for the operator ( don't hold me to the actual workings, iv simply used this example to highlight my findings.)
When used with the DD coil and the right amount of gain applied, these units ID far better than anything iv used before in our soil. This was one of the requirements that took time to implement into the third prototype. A better IDing disc mode for small gold in highly mineralized ground seemed to be an achievement not met by most other makers. While there is still room for improvement, one has to draw the line and release what it is they have achieved thus far, or we age to the point of not being able to swing them any longer when they do finally release something. I myself dragged this one out simply because it needed to be different to that which is already on the market. What you see or read about on the surface, is small compared to whats taking place behind the controls on this model. However they have continued on and kept it simple, as you can see by the simple menu system they have employed....which was not on any of the prototypes at the time of testing.

If there is one thing to add...its in our nature to push the gain control on just about anything that has a gain control, past its usefulness. Be warned....these are high gained units out of the box, use the power wisely.

• Detector(s) owned/used: Lots
  • Oldest find: A rock...i believe its pretty old...lol
believe

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

70%
  • Liked:

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 10:00 »
I might be one of a very few Racer users that run extremely low sensitivity like 0-1 when coin hunting in city parks.

Perhaps N/M would benefit from sending a team over and test their units under our conditions for themselves.

ivanll

Offline Narrawa

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Central West NSW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5

• Total Badges: 14
    Second year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2015, 10:13 »
I might be one of a very few Racer users that run extremely low sensitivity like 0-1 when coin hunting in city parks.

Perhaps N/M would benefit from sending a team over and test their units under our conditions for themselves.

ivanll
When they are getting close to bringing out the PI detector, i guess they probably will....till then, no point because their VLF detectors work well in our soils.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Lots
  • Oldest find: A rock...i believe its pretty old...lol

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

70%
  • Liked:

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2015, 10:30 »
8) +

Now where is that jolly fellow in Red that appear this time of year   :) . . . . . . . . I'll have my   :o   peeled for a seasons special ;D

Here it is! ;D

Gold Racer on eBay with ...... wait for it, there is more ........ a 10% off eBay til Sun 13Dec2015. 8)

ivanll

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

70%
  • Liked:

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2015, 10:17 »
Not so good news with the Gold Racer that was for sale on eBay, it have now been placed on backorder.  :'(

It's like the former Nokta/Makro ? trusted Bendigo  dealer.  >:D

ivanll

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

70%
  • Liked:

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 12:27 »

Good news ;D  one Gold Racer slipped past the pre-order hurdle despite some  >:D jealousy and complaints towards this legit eBay purchase. :)

Thanks to Nokta/Makro, Ilhan Inci and DHL express, one Gold Racer is now located under our X-Mas tree. 8)

ivanll  

Offline Stalker

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: Padbury , west ozz
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 775

• Total Badges: 24
    Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 19:46 »
as usual ivan i look forward to the info when time comes .. merry xmas to you
  • Detector(s) owned/used: some call it the armadillo some say its ugly I think its feral . atx
  • Oldest find: 1877 coin that had been turned into a necklace , gave to the bruthern pub
Does chuck norris use a metal detector on the beach ..no he is the metal detector and the beach comes to him ..

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

70%
  • Liked:

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2015, 22:23 »
Gold Racer is likely to go for a ride to WA early 2016, I want to see what it can do over there.

I know what the GMT, Gold Bug 1/2, Gold Bug Pro, and a few other VLF units can do so now lets see what the Red Racer and Gold Racer can do.

ivanll

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

70%
  • Liked:

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2015, 14:46 »
The way the Gold Racer is shown/presented on social media, eBay and use guide front page.

Open the box and get your hand on the "S" handle rubber grip, you'll soon see and feel the difference of 6mm less thickness to that of the Red Racer handle.

Also the "S" handle bends on the Gold Racer is less than the Red Racer which changes your hand/wrist angle.

In my hands, none of the above mentioned design changes have proved to be of ergonomic benefit or improvement...... to the contrary.

To make it perfectly clear.... I like the Red Racer "S" handle ASSY . much better.

However there is no need to :'( , there is an easy fix at hand. :)

ivanll
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 11:51 by ivanll »

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 950

• Total Badges: 51
    Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2015, 15:23 »
Looks like a terrible angle, i wonder how they came up with that. A visit to the vice or the local exhaust pipe centre for a reshape needed.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

Offline Stalker

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: Padbury , west ozz
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 775

• Total Badges: 24
    Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2015, 16:12 »
Looks like a terrible angle, i wonder how they came up with that. A visit to the vice or the local exhaust pipe centre for a reshape needed.

One of the testers in America  called for it ray . 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: some call it the armadillo some say its ugly I think its feral . atx
  • Oldest find: 1877 coin that had been turned into a necklace , gave to the bruthern pub

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

70%
  • Liked:

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2016, 23:00 »

It kind of crossed my mind.

But there is a booklet with Gold Racer full of restrictions, one of them is: No modification allowed it will void warranty.

Instead of bending anything I got a special rubber grip from a bike which when in place changed the angle to near perfect.
Still it would have been better if one had got the Gold Racer with S handle and rubber grip as shown on the user guide.

ivanll
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 19:02 by ivanll »

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

70%
  • Liked:

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2016, 14:18 »
Removed the protective screen shield on the Gold Racer (which looked like it has done a good job while in transport) before fitting a rain/dust cover.
Only to find a couple of black spots which turned out not to be not on the front of the screen but on the back of the screen, indicating it was well and truly there when assembling took place.
It's one of these annoying things one will have to put up with, since it probably would be wasted effort to ask Nokta/Makro how an easy removal could be done.
If it's not one thing its another.
If or when the Impact or PI unit hits the market, I will be way back in the Queue to get one ... if at all.

Gold Racer still works well even with these included and unwanted surprises.

ivanll

Offline Zampano

• Tin Foil

0%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 3
    One year Anniversary First Post
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2016, 03:40 »
I have had the same probmlem, with a second foil on the inside. I was contacting Makro and received two spare Foils within days! Easy to change, self adhesive.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Makro Gold Racer

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
  • Liked:

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2016, 10:30 »
Does it have a second screen cover inside, seems strange if it did.

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

70%
  • Liked:

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2016, 14:19 »
Could just take it apart like a Racer 2 and clean it out, will wait till warranty is expired.

http://md-hunter.com/opening-the-makro-racer-2-whats-inside-the-machine/

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

70%
  • Liked:

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2016, 14:50 »
The first for the day is always sweet. :)

Had to run the Gold Racer on speaker only all the way out here in the bush the headphone audio circuit is sometime very unstable/noisy and give the user a >:D  of a time .....  today was one of those times. :(

ivanll
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 11:53 by ivanll »

Offline PhaseTech

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12

• Total Badges: 5
    Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary 10 Posts First Post
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2016, 21:31 »
Nice nugget
  • Detector(s) owned/used: SDC, GPX, GPZ, Fors, Vaquero, Bandido II umax, CTX
  • Oldest find: 1700s Chinese Coin

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

70%
  • Liked:

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2016, 17:52 »
Same property later in the day.

ivanll
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 11:54 by ivanll »

Offline Shane-o88

• Platinum

66.67%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 828

• Total Badges: 42
    Third year Anniversary Nugget over an Ounce Coin Of the Month Winner Cricket Buckle Runner Up Gold Ring Shootout Find of the Month Winner Rams Head Shilling Roo Penny Sixpence Rising Sun Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2016, 19:44 »
Nice looking spots and some nice gold Ivan.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab sd2100 (used). I own minelab GT16000, GPX5000, garrett ATX, garrett AT pro, lesche digging tool, garrett pin pointer.
  • Oldest find: Gold, 1906 dog tag, 1866 English penny, 1733 farthing
Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold....

2015 gold rings : 22
2016 gold rings : 15
2017 gold total (trial run) 2 man operation: over 2000 nuggets, approx 50 species for a total of Approx 20 oz over 9 weeks prospecting.
2018 gold total for our 2 man operation: 562 nuggets, 20 species 152 grams

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
  • Liked:

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2016, 21:27 »
Good to see gold found by someone who isn't selling them or using a free unit.

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

70%
  • Liked:

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2016, 21:06 »
Good to see gold found by someone who isn't selling them or using a free unit.

I would still use it if it had been free, but paying for your own equipment mean you're not obliged to make it available for lend or promotional terms, better still one can speak freely and call it as it is.

Did lend my Red Racer to someone interested in it's performance, he promptly purchased a Racer 2 a short time later and is incidentally in business, but not with Nokta/Makro.

Kind of funny in a pleasant way how one unintentionally can influence someone by a little sharing/goodwill.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

There was/are still more excitement to be found on Promising Ridge, perhaps more pictures will be posted in the future, no need for creating to much excitement all at once.

Promising Ridge.
Picture Was Here ... now below.

Posting pictures/info on forums with little security open to unknown guests is a gamble and are done merely to entertain/excite those with genuine interest, for those guests that don't have this interest and only come for freebies ......... you are missing out by not positively participating (this should actually read Negatively Participating since like an atom the Electrons are doing all the work where as the big fat Protons and Neutrons are mostly there to take up space and add weight).

Campfires make good meeting point for sharing of interesting info/experiences, keeping in mind unlike forums with distances where many unknown users are using "? User Names" ............ at a campfire attitude/behavior and body language is easily observed and read ...... no matter what name might be used.

ivanll
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 11:56 by ivanll »

Offline lazyaussie

• Platinum

73.33%
    • I live in: Clunes Vic
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1552

• Total Badges: 32
    Eighth year Anniversary 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2016, 21:35 »
at the end of the day all that matters is your the one findin all that lovely yellow stuff mate so keep the great work up ;D .
lazy 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: garrett AT pro, garrett ace 250, garrett pro pointer, garrett sea hunter, whites dual field,
  • Oldest find: 1797 cartwheel penny x 2
pirate monkeys do it in the sea

xx
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - RACER/RACER 2 /GOLD RACER

Started by Nokta Detectors on Makro

0 Replies
Last post March 02, 2018, 23:11
by Nokta Detectors
xx
First look at the Gold Racer

Started by RangerBob on Makro

2 Replies
Last post September 22, 2016, 07:23
by whitehunter
xx
Makro Gold RACER price

Started by Narrawa on Makro

0 Replies
Last post January 11, 2016, 10:55
by Narrawa
xx
Makro Racer 2 users don't be shy ...show us your gold finds ..

Started by raffles8888 on Makro

1 Replies
Last post September 11, 2016, 00:30
by Narrawa
xx
RACER STAND

Started by Nokta Detectors on Makro

1 Replies
Last post May 12, 2017, 06:02
by Dutchy (Jarhead)
xx
ANNOUNCING THE NEW RACER 2!