collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  Regards "Midas metal detector" Posted November 02, 2011 (Read 1159 times)  (Read 1249 times)

Offline Snowy

• Silver
  • Low 'n slow's the way to go ! Box Hill Victoria.

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 22
    Badges: (View All)
    Seventh year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Hello all, it's been a long time since I last posted on the forum. 

I was lurking on the forum, and spotted this old thread regarding the Midas Quantum 2020 detector....   

I've got a complete one in excellent condition would you believe!

Here's some pics below...

I've also got a great old/as new Barry Johnson 18" DD coil that suits it too, 
I got in touch with Rohan Johnson at Nugget Finder who is interested in this coil. 
So I'm holding it for him.

These Quantum 2020's are pretty rare I guess; ___  just about museum pieces by now, mine has hardly been used by the looks of it. 

I have all the owner/operator notes that Gerald Wright supplied including updated papers too. 

It's really a beautifully built detector, the coil was specially made for the Quantum, and by the way it is made, 
I guess that it was possibly made by a pretty famous coil builder back in the day by the name of Bob Hollins in WA. 

I have a Bob Hollins made rectangular 19"x12" "Patch Finder" coil that suits it too, the Quantum could also operate with the Minelab GT/FT 16000 coils too...    

It was launched by Gerald Wright back when Minelab was launching their first pulse induction; ~ the SD 2000; this was around August 1995. 

The Minelab VLF XT17000 was the premier gold detector back then, and Gerald felt that he had invented an even better VLF gold machine, 
and so he launched this to almost coincide with the launch of the SD 2000... 

But the pulse induction SD 2000 was so good and so revolutionary that it eclipsed all others. 

The rest is history!

The Midas Quantum 2020 boasted a host of electronic enhancements, including analogue and digital circuits, a really beautiful machine..... 

#   I had open heart surgery 3 years ago, and dropped off the radar. 
I haven't been coin detecting since before my op. 
But have just got back from a bit of detecting over a week up at Wedderburn. 

I bought a nearly new (5 months old) Whites TDI Pro Oz from a guy in Bendigo on the way up to Wedderburn, it came with a Nugget Finder 14"x9" Advantage mono coil too, 

I've got a Miner John 9"x5" folded mono loop on the way too, to ferret out small nuggets from zones out of the way of the bigger coils, ___ we'll see how we go.

So old Snowy's back at it again; when he can!  
I'll post any nuggets I find.  

"Low n Slow's the way to go."   

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=29253.0
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Whites V3i, Minelab GPX4500, Fisher F75LTD, Tesoro Golden uMax, Whites GMT, Tesoro Corte's, Tesoro Tejon, Garrett pro pinpointer, Detector Pro Pocket pinpointer.
  • Oldest find: 1834 British shilling.
[/URL][/img]

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 947

• Total Badges: 51
    Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn
Good to hear you back on track again. If the Whites will work at Wedderburn it will work anywhere. If you call in to Hard Hill say hello to our forum members GI and G2, Graham and Angie from SA. They will be prospecting the area for a few weeks.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

Offline Snowy

• Silver
  • Low 'n slow's the way to go ! Box Hill Victoria.

0%
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 22
    Seventh year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Thanks Ray, I know where they are, good fiends of ours live right next to the hard hill. 
I've seen all the campers there while we were up there!
It would be good to meet some of the good Bendigo members...  :)
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Whites V3i, Minelab GPX4500, Fisher F75LTD, Tesoro Golden uMax, Whites GMT, Tesoro Corte's, Tesoro Tejon, Garrett pro pinpointer, Detector Pro Pocket pinpointer.
  • Oldest find: 1834 British shilling.

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 947

• Total Badges: 51
    Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn
My daughter and son inlaw are there also but will probably leave soon. The next Bpc outing is around Bendigo in May. June should be a better outing.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

Offline Adrian ss

• Gold

13.33%
    • I live in: Canberra
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1

• Total Badges: 20
    Sixth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
 You have got a collector piece there mate. Don't let anybody tell you it is no good. It is very good.
Gerald made them to order. He was suffercated by Minelab.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Sea Hunter MK II, Safari, SDC 2300, 6000DI SL ,BHID,ML Stirling,GS 15000, Sov XS, Lobo ST, relic M 7,Fisher 553D & 555D,CX4PI,Infinium,Spectrum XLT.6000D,6000DI S 3, Gold Spear, Scorpion, CXII & CXIII,Pro Scan,Some Home Built VLFs & PIs and some others.
  • Oldest find: 1797 Cartwheel penny

clip
PRO SCAN 12" coil

Started by Btracer on Other generic

4 Replies
Last post September 15, 2011, 10:12
by Adrian ss
xx
DIY Metal Detector

Started by Walksalot on Other generic

5 Replies
Last post July 05, 2014, 14:20