collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  Australian Made Digging tools  (Read 3696 times)

Offline Clegy

• Administrator
  • Gold
  • Just Dig it Up and see mate!

• Fill this by Posting :)
    33.33%
    • I live in: Yeppoon Queensland
    • Aussie Detectorist, Bringing the XP Deus back to Australia
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 759

• Total Badges: 33
    Badges: (View All)
    Second year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
Australian Made Digging tools
« on: August 17, 2016, 11:19 »
Hi all,
Been using the Tyger diggers for a few months now, well 2 months to be honest and I Just love them.
So I contacted Jonno and he has let me put them in the store.
https://detectorist.com.au/collections/tyger-stainless-digging-tools-for-detectorists

Also available at your Local Dealer:
 - Lost treasures In Brisbane

- The Mining Exchange Gold Shop Ballarat
 - Detect-a-den in Batemans Bay
 - Central West Prospecting Supplies in Mudgee
Great quality, Handmade Digging tools.

Hope you like them as Much as I do.

Clegy

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=29773.0
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Used, 705 Own XP Deus WS4 9,11 Inch coils, C-Scope CS4PI, Tesoro Umax, GPX 5000
  • Oldest find: 1864 Half penny
EXCLUSIVE to Detectorist.com.au the C-Scope CS4PI Beach detector. Click for details 
Also XP Deus, R&B Lithium Batteries, Tyger Diggers and the land or sea waterproof pin pointer at under $150. Metal Detectors Australia

Offline Dutchy (Jarhead)

• Platinum

73.33%
    • I live in: Canberra
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1520

• Total Badges: 31
    Fifth year Anniversary 5000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary Find Of the year 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary
Re: Australian Made Digging tools
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 18:46 »
All look like copies of other well known models.  Just as expensive and why are they better other than Aussie made?
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Tesaro Bandido 2, Explorer, ETrac, CTX 3030, Equinox 800
  • Oldest find: 1655 French coin (found in Australia)
Research

Offline Sambo

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Brisbane, Queensland
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2021

• Total Badges: 43
    Eighth year Anniversary Fourpence ( Groat ) 5000 Posts Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 22:04 »
Great to see a small Aussie company giving it a go, I'd be tempted to purchase for that reason alone.  Trouble is my Predator tools are unlikely to break or wear out in my lifetime. 

Sambo
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Teknetics Omega, Minelab Explorer II, Minelab Equinox 800
  • Oldest find: 1826 King George IV Penny ; 1843 QV Four Pence (Groat)

Offline Clegy

• Administrator
  • Gold

33.33%
  • Liked:

Second year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 10:54 »
Specs seem Right? I know in the video I added a CM to the Cub and Snake as the tape was angled. Said 17 and should have said 16, But its there in Text so I didn't bother re-doing the whole video.
Other than that I'm pretty sure they are right???

I am not going to get in a $hit fight about what is better, sorry wrong thread if your looking for an argument.

What I am saying is why would you send your hard earned money overseas when we have quality digging tools right here in Australia?
But Like I said in the video, I believe these tools are AS GOOD as the imported ones and by buying one and using it your actually helping a fellow Australian Better his own circumstances.

I have spoken to George at predator and the Lady at Lesche and neither are interested in sending diggers here in quantity. They will fill the odd overseas order but not in bulk.
They simply don't have time for us here in Australia, Just like most of the brand names if I am honest.

I am simply trying to support Australian Industry (yes I import gear as well). I tried and failed to get the diggers from overseas Including the UK. Walked into lost treasures one day, bought a Tyger Snake on a whim and fell in love with it.

Just by Chance the guy that makes then dropped off some new stock that day and I thought he was a nice bloke.

So Good tool, made in Australia by a nice bloke and NO chance of getting access to the overseas brands It was just a no brainer to help him out?

Each to their own, it would be boring of there was just one brand anyway I think.

Clegy
Tyger user.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 08:17 by Clegy »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Used, 705 Own XP Deus WS4 9,11 Inch coils, C-Scope CS4PI, Tesoro Umax, GPX 5000

Offline Clegy

• Administrator
  • Gold

33.33%
  • Liked:

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 11:31 »
Snake ways 669 on my scales

Blade weighs 663

Take off the wrap and I'm pretty damn close.

Hope that helps.

Clegy

I'm 4 cm over on the Blade and that is my Mistake, I measured the case as well. Rookie! LOL

« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 11:34 by Clegy »

Offline Dutchy (Jarhead)

• Platinum

73.33%
  • Liked:

Fifth year Anniversary 5000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary Find Of the year 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 15:34 »
Sorry Clegy for sounding like I'm nit picking, just been burnt in the past with the buy Australian first policy.  Most consumers now just want something that is reliable, value for money and don't really care where it is from.  
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Tesaro Bandido 2, Explorer, ETrac, CTX 3030, Equinox 800

Online brianincnb

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Canberra ACT
    • http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbFqSkEjVt51a9MIRknxg8w
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2444

Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2016, 21:23 »
I was lucky enough to purchase one of Tyger's 1st prototype  of "the snake" about 2yrs ago.
A good unit, well welded and made.  Happy to show to any ACT hunters if they are interested.

So that, with my other lesche(predator) products, I'll be like Sambo :).

Great to see a small Aussie company giving it a go, I'd be tempted to purchase for that reason alone.  Trouble is my Predator tools are unlikely to break or wear out in my lifetime.  

Sambo
  • Detector(s) owned/used: XP Deus, ctx3030,e-trac,x-terra 70/705,tesoro silver umax,atpro,ace250
  • Oldest find: 1862 Half Penny
Total spendables/pre-decs: doesn't really matter, as long as I'm out MDing!

Offline Clegy

• Administrator
  • Gold

33.33%
  • Liked:

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2016, 08:17 »
It's all good! My main concern was the poor bloke that makes these has seen this thread and I really felt bad as It turned negative instead of a positive thread about an Australian company that makes stuff that actually works.

I don't care about getting called out myself, I sell Deus and get called everyday on one form of communication or another. 

Appreciate the activity on the thread though and although I have a tendency to rush sometimes and make small errors in my typing etc. I try and represent my brands truly. As some people that have tried to buy a Deus can tell you, I wouldn't let them as it was the wrong machine for them.

I take pride in the fact I don't BS my customers and tell the truth, even when it means losing Business to competitors. I make mistakes, But I don't Lie.

Happy for you to bag my Typing and measuring Skills, But I will defend the product as I use it, Love it, and would rather see a bunch of Tygers in the field than any other predator.

SMASHED that PUN!

So if your looking for a good quality digger that does the job, is strong, reliable and great Value then the Tyger is it for my money.
It is just a bonus that it is also made by A Bloody Nice Bloke in Brisbane.

Happy Hunting All, 

Clegy

Offline Happy Jack

• Silver

0%
    • I live in: Far South Coast NSW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 434

• Total Badges: 20
    Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2016, 08:31 »
Hey Clegy...Must admit I do like the line-up you have here and while I do use a predator shovel find I want something longer.  I do like your shovel and the idea of supporting an Aussie doing something for our hobby, as we seem to have to buy good quality accessories overseas which is disappointing.  I think the prices are very competitive with the added clause of you get what you pay for.  Will be in touch shortly for that shovel.  Just have to sell me on the deus now, make it waterproof so I can take it into the salt water and I'll have one in the blink of an eye.

Jack
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 12:15 by Happy Jack »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Excalibur II and CTX3030
  • Oldest find: 1/2 ounce Gold Nugget whilst relic hunting
Happy Jack

Offline Dutchy (Jarhead)

• Platinum

73.33%
  • Liked:

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2016, 08:44 »
I just bought a detenix digger (not bad so far) and once that one is wore down I might have a go at yours.  I've wore down 3 Leshe hand diggers over the years.  The Garretts are not as good.

Offline Vegemite

• Silver

3.33%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 136

• Total Badges: 29
    Seventh year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2016, 11:51 »
It's all good! My main concern was the poor bloke that makes these has seen this thread and I really felt bad as It turned negative instead of a positive thread about an Australian company that makes stuff that actually works.

I don't care about getting called out myself, I sell Deus and get called everyday on one form of communication or another.

Appreciate the activity on the thread though and although I have a tendency to rush sometimes and make small errors in my typing etc. I try and represent my brands truly. As some people that have tried to buy a Deus can tell you, I wouldn't let them as it was the wrong machine for them.

I take pride in the fact I don't BS my customers and tell the truth, even when it means losing Business to competitors. I make mistakes, But I don't Lie.

Happy for you to bag my Typing and measuring Skills, But I will defend the product as I use it, Love it, and would rather see a bunch of Tygers in the field than any other predator.

SMASHED that PUN!

So if your looking for a good quality digger that does the job, is strong, reliable and great Value then the Tyger is it for my money.
It is just a bonus that it is also made by A Bloody Nice Bloke in Brisbane.

Happy Hunting All,

Clegy
[/quoteI

I Like This!!!

V.

• Detector(s) owned/used: Whites MXT, ML Excalibur 1K
  • Oldest find: Gothic Florin 1851 / 1923 Half Penny
Say NO to foreign landlords!!

Offline Sambo

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Brisbane, Queensland
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2021

• Total Badges: 43
    Eighth year Anniversary Fourpence ( Groat ) 5000 Posts Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2016, 14:00 »
I didn't mean to come across as negative either.  I'm actually wrapt that there is a local manufacturer that is making, what certainly appears to be, quality items.  If and when I'm in the market for something I'll definitely be knocking on the door (great that they are a local Brissy company too :) ).

Cheers
Sambo
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Teknetics Omega, Minelab Explorer II, Minelab Equinox 800
  • Oldest find: 1826 King George IV Penny ; 1843 QV Four Pence (Groat)

Offline Clegy

• Administrator
  • Gold

33.33%
  • Liked:

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2016, 08:19 »
Hey Clegy...Must admit I do like the line-up you have here and while I do use a predator shovel find I want something longer.  I do like your shovel and the idea of supporting an Aussie doing something for our hobby, as we seem to have to buy good quality accessories overseas which is disappointing.  I think the prices are very competitive with the added clause of you get what you pay for.  Will be in touch shortly for that shovel.  Just have to sell me on the deus now, make it waterproof so I can take it into the salt water and I'll have one in the blink of an eye.

Jack

Hi Jack,

Ok the waterproof is Done on the deus, so give me a call when your ready. 5 M Rated. ;)

Just by complete accident the shovel will add ZERO to the postage because the Deus is so light and gets killed on the BS that is Volumetric shipping.

Do I hear a Digger/Deus combo pack coming along?

Thanks for the inspiration Jack.

Clegy.

Offline Happy Jack

• Silver

0%
  • Liked:

Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2016, 08:51 »
Hi Clegy...Whats the model number of the waterproof deus.

Thanks

Jack

Offline Clegy

• Administrator
  • Gold

33.33%
  • Liked:

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2016, 09:36 »
Hi Clegy...Whats the model number of the waterproof deus. Thanks Jack

Any of them Jack, with the addition of the water kit.

The actual remote is not water resistant and needs to be housed to go in the water, the Ws4/Ws5 are water resistant but are not suited to underwater by themselves. Think raining more than swimming.

The water kit gives you a waterproof pouch (5m) a thin cable for clear signals, a set of 100% waterproof ear buds.

Most I know of where remote around the neck inside pouch. But I don't know of anyone diving with it. If thats the goal as much as I hate to say it Buy a CTX or Excal you'll have way more fun.

Deus is designed to be killer on the land and offer the PART TIME underwater and gold guys a reasonable chance of success. I cannot recommend Deus if water is your main hunting location. Just too risky IMHO.

Here is a video I made regarding Fitting Water Kit C that may explain better than my long posts can. LOL.

Offline Happy Jack

• Silver

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2016, 09:49 »
Mate I live a few hundred meters from the beach and it would be for diving around 2 - 3 meters in salt water.  I currently use an excal II and thought the deus would be a water/diving machine upgrade.  I also use a 3030 which I dont take past knee depth and a 2300 after the beaches have been done by tourists with cheap vlf machines.

Hopefully deus will bring out a totally waterproof machine.  Thanks

Happy Jack

Offline Marty

• Gold

0%
    • I live in: Hawkesbury River Region NSW Australia
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 88

• Total Badges: 44
    Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts The Gold Ring Returned an Item Coin Of the Month Winner Coin of the year Half Soveriegn The Crown Comm Penny Nugget over an Ounce Full Sovereign 500 Posts
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2016, 21:39 »
Good God 
Please no more about the Deus (Doushe Bag;D had enough with the disappointment of the CTX thread :-X  
I'd be happy to give one for these diggers a Go . OZY made will always be fine by me as long as the price is fair and they hold up to the task at hand 
Cheers Marty
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Old -GP3000/3500, GPX 4000,4500, GB1 , GPX5000, current XTerra705 , ForsGold, CTX3030 , SDC2300 , GPZ7000
  • Oldest find: 1797 Cartwheel , 1806 & 07 George III half penny, 1823 & 25 Farthing , 1825 George IV Penny ,1876 20 Mark Gold German Wilhelm I, 1889 Queen Vic Jubilee Head Double Florin, 1937 Australian Crown, lost gold ring over 120yr ago, returned property owner
"Just Dig It and it will come"

Offline Clegy

• Administrator
  • Gold

33.33%
  • Liked:

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2016, 07:13 »
Jack, In your position I would not recommend Deus in its current form.
The excal II is way better suited to being underwater as is the CTX.

Marty, sorry mate, but if people ask questions I need to respond.

The Tygers are flying all over the country and I'm sure the new users will post their thoughts once they get them in their hands.

Remember too there are some local stockists around, they are listed under the video in the first post, so you can walk in and be digging by lunchtime with a tyger.

Happy Hunting all, as usual any questions about Tyger diggers Just give me a call, the number us at the website.
http://detectorist.com.au

Clegy

Offline Clegy

• Administrator
  • Gold

33.33%
  • Liked:

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2016, 10:25 »
Specs Fixed on those Diggers, sorry about the confusion, rushed a bit. :8

Big thanks to the New Tyger digger owners, dispatched this morning and tracking in your email.

Cheers all

Ckegy

Offline Clegy

• Administrator
  • Gold

33.33%
  • Liked:

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2016, 15:52 »
I thought that but really that's the Hilt,
So I measured the part you actually dig with.

It is much wider at the hilt, but really the first 15 cm of the blade will probably get used 90% of the time.

So I made the decision to go with the "Widest part you actually dig with" and that is about 5.5 cm.

Hope that make sense.

Clegy

Offline flcooper1

• Silver

70%
    • I live in: Forrestfield, Western Australia
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 578

• Total Badges: 22
    Second year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2016, 13:25 »
Got a Tyger Blade 2 weeks ago and have used a few times now.
Feels good and substantial in the hand, better than the Garrett ever did.
The sheath dose work, making returning to the belt far easier.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: SD 2100, GPX 4000, X-Terra 705, Garrett Sea Hunter Mk2, XP Deus, Garrett ATX, Excalibur 2, Equinox 800
  • Oldest find: 1828 George iv sixpencde

Offline Clegy

• Administrator
  • Gold

33.33%
  • Liked:

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2016, 18:08 »
Just a little bump for these awesome diggers, They are fast becoming one of the best selling products with excellent feedback from a lot of users.

The LAST Digging tool you will need to buy for a long long time.
Put a Tyger on your belt.
Clegy

Offline Marty

• Gold

0%
  • Liked:

Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts The Gold Ring Returned an Item Coin Of the Month Winner Coin of the year Half Soveriegn The Crown Comm Penny Nugget over an Ounce Full Sovereign 500 Posts
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2016, 18:52 »
At the end of the day if you need to use anything more than a probe - you should not be detecting in a public park  ;)
In the past 10 yrs a probe is all I have used in parks and for the beach I use a US made scoop and a custom carbon fibre shaft to suit
On the gold fields I use the original MalleeBoy Pick that was made by Mike a very good Mate of mine before he past the rights onto a close knock off reproduction of this pick that is just not the same 
So  Probe , Scoop and pick is all you need  ;D OH and a good pin pointer that I use for all 3 applications 
Oh, and Clegy where the heck have you placed the Sov's within the forum I gave up after looking through every post and reply some 11 pages now and I have not found a single one , you said you wanted more forum traffic , this sure is one way of achieving this 
Marty
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Old -GP3000/3500, GPX 4000,4500, GB1 , GPX5000, current XTerra705 , ForsGold, CTX3030 , SDC2300 , GPZ7000
  • Oldest find: 1797 Cartwheel , 1806 & 07 George III half penny, 1823 & 25 Farthing , 1825 George IV Penny ,1876 20 Mark Gold German Wilhelm I, 1889 Queen Vic Jubilee Head Double Florin, 1937 Australian Crown, lost gold ring over 120yr ago, returned property owner

Offline roy cobb

• Silver
  • I live in Sawyers Gully NSW

80%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 157

• Total Badges: 24
    Farthing Nugget Under 1 Ounce Sixpence One year Anniversary Find of the Month Winner Roo Penny Wheat Three Pence Comm Penny 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2016, 18:59 »
I just love my Tyger  digging tools I don't know if Iam dong something wrong but there is no way I could retrieve some off my finds with out digging wether  that's in a park or private area 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelad Eureka gold X terra 705 GPX 4000
  • Oldest find: 1614 to 1625 Farthing
Minelab GPX 4000 as well as Minelab Eurka gold with coilteck coils pinpointer Xterra 705 dual pack

Offline Marty

• Gold

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2016, 19:09 »
On private land it full go and get the backhoe if needed  ;D in parks I feel no one should make a plug as it only makes us all look bad when its not done right
M

smiley
Australian Stock, XP Deus Detectors and Accessories.

Started by Clegy on Dealer Specials

3 Replies
Last post December 17, 2016, 23:35
by Tommy Cash

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam