collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  Makro Pointer not vibrating  (Read 2577 times)

Offline Tommy Cash

• Platinum
  • Next stop $20,000

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
    • I live in: Hamilton Hill W.A
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 131

• Total Badges: 34
    Badges: (View All)
    Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
Makro Pointer not vibrating
« on: September 30, 2016, 00:35 »
So as you guys know I purchased a Makro pointer a year ago about December, in that time I have come to love the machine even if it does have some areas that could be improved on. Lately it's been acting up though sound stays on and buttons are getting hard to press, but today was the big one - vibrating function no longer works. It's still under its two year warranty serial number 90000294/ 06037 so hopefully Makro can replace it with a new one. The only problem is this is my only pinpointer probe, and a half working one is still better than none at all. I wonder if Makro would be so kind as to let me use the busted one until it's replacement arrives, can't imagine hunting without a probe now. 

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=30323.0
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Detector- Minelab Sovereign Elite, 15" WOT - awaiting the ressurection. Minelab Excal 1000 -blue headphone beauty, Anderson travel shaft, 1600mh Battery. XP DEUS. Makro pinpointer. Digging Tools- Lesche. Mirage diving knife. Beach Scoop - Stavr
  • Oldest find: 1838 Sixpence
Metal detecting - God's way of redistributing wealth.

Offline Tommy Cash

• Platinum
  • Next stop $20,000

0%
  • Liked:

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
Re: Makro Pointer not vibrating
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 23:48 »
Hey Makro mods do you still read these boards????
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Detector- Minelab Sovereign Elite, 15" WOT - awaiting the ressurection. Minelab Excal 1000 -blue headphone beauty, Anderson travel shaft, 1600mh Battery. XP DEUS. Makro pinpointer. Digging Tools- Lesche. Mirage diving knife. Beach Scoop - Stavr

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 950

• Total Badges: 51
    Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 07:55 »
I don't see anyone listed under Makro in the members list.
 Nokta shows.
October 01, 2016, 07:51Last 30 Days 
Activity:0%

Last Active: September 29, 2016, 19:37
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

Offline ColinD

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Ballarat victoria
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 35

• Total Badges: 13
    Second year Anniversary 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 08:32 »
I don't work for Makro but find it incredible that someone expects a new device to just be sent out without the company getting to see the defective one for themselves, or am I reading this wrong?
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab GPX4500, Nokta Fors Gold
  • Oldest find: Gold

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

70%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 147

• Total Badges: 25
    Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 08:58 »
I read it same way as ColinD ..... and would  contact dealer from where it was purchased !
There is no honour in fake memberships or postings ! ~ Trust and respect is earned!

Offline Tommy Cash

• Platinum
  • Next stop $20,000

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2016, 13:46 »
read on the overseas board of them sending a replacement for a faulty unit without it being sent back - no harm in asking.

Offline ColinD

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2016, 17:29 »
So I just post on the Nokta forum that my pinpointer light doesn't work or some other problem and I get sent a new 2nd unit? Sounds legit. :)

Offline Tommy Cash

• Platinum
  • Next stop $20,000

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2016, 19:07 »
If I was a company I would. Good will = equals far greater advertising compared to the minuscule cost of a replacement unit.  At no point did i say I wouldn't send it in, I was just inquiring if they'd send a replacement first and only after hearing they had done something similar for someone on one of the yank forums. Don't worry I'll be contacting head office in Turkey shortly to sort things out. Pardon me but why do you seem so concerned with what I'm doing? Seems strange since you have no dog in this fight. 

Offline ColinD

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2016, 19:42 »
Because what you suggested was ridiculous to be honest. Don't ever start your own business is my advice if you would just send out new product without receiving the faulty one or you will lose a lot of money from a high % of your customers taking advantage of your goodwill.
Most pinpointer manufacturers will replace instead of fix, I've heard that before myself, but you have to take the product back to where you bought it first like any other product.

Offline Tommy Cash

• Platinum
  • Next stop $20,000

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2016, 23:28 »
I do own my own business, and I know that a satisfied customer is worth at least 3-4 referrals and future ongoing work, we often exceed expectations for that precise reason. Our unspoken motto is " Promise them something then over deliver." Here is a copy of something I read online that at least made me ask the question
"One of my sons has the Gold Racer. Developed problems with the static through the headphones.   Contacted Makro and they sent him another.....Didn't even ask for the old one back."
Obviously Makro are aware of building up their reputation as they are the new kids on the block. But this is going to be my last post about this as I know how things can escalate quickly on the forums and I have no interest in a keyboard shouting match. So let's leave it at that shall we.

Offline Ramjet

• Silver

0%
    • Ramjet  Metal Detecting on Youtube
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 529

• Total Badges: 23
    One year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2016, 23:56 »
I have found that we Aussies get treated as 2nd class citizens by overseas, (read American), companies.
I have an expensive set of waterproof headphones that developed cracks around where the wires enter the ear cuffs. I emailed the company and they responded reasonably quickly and said to send them in and they would replace them. I replied that it was a very generous offer but that I lived in Australia. ZERO response. I sent another email asking if we could resolve the problem through a local dealer. Still no response.
I had a very similar experience with one of the top detector manufacturers. A generous offer for a replacement part until I mentioned I lived in Australia then a blank wall.  
I don't expect anything for free but to just totally ignore my emails shows a distinct lack of care and respect.
We are a small market and they seem to just not care.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 23:58 by Ramjet »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: XP Deus, Garrett At Pro, Ace 250. CTX 3030. Aldi for the grandkids and an old mid 70's wall hanger.
  • Oldest find: 1807 George III Halfpenny and 1806 or 07 Large penny. Oldest silver 1854 threepence.
Touch the frog.

Offline ColinD

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2016, 09:30 »
First I would say that it is obvious that if you develop a problem with a product still under warranty you take it back to where you bought it from and ask them to repair or replace it, you do not normally contact the manufacturer or start a thread on a public forum, if you do start a thread on a public forum them expect responses from the public.
There are Australian suppliers of Nokta/Makro pinpointers, send it back or if you have bought from outside Australia then welcome to the world of snags buying a grey import and having expensive P&P on repairs.
You certainly do not just decide for yourself that it is better they supply you a new unit and expect the manufacturer to blindly send you one. If Makro are doing that, then that's their bad mistake.
Send the pinpointer back to where you bought it... that is what is normal in life so I am thinking it is perhaps new companies that are being treated as 2nd class citizens and taken advantage of. I refuse to believe Minelab or Garret would send out new ones without seeing the old one.

edit: Can I point out that because of import tax businesses products can often be supplied cheaper by foreign companies outside of Australia, if Nokta/Makro or XP or any other manufacturer are blindly just sending replacements to grumpy customers then they are badly treating Australian suppliers of these products who are trying to run a business.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 11:17 by ColinD »

Offline Sted

• Iron

0%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 10
    Fifth year Anniversary First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2016, 23:51 »
 I  have a spare contact me you can use it till you get sorted
I also live in hammy hill 
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 23:56 by Sted »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Anything with an x / stavr scoops

Offline Tommy Cash

• Platinum
  • Next stop $20,000

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2016, 02:08 »
Thanks Sted. Pmd. You rock. 

Offline Nokta Detectors

• Board Moderator
  • Bronze

0%
    • Nokta Detectors
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2

• Total Badges: 18
    Third year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2016, 19:08 »
So as you guys know I purchased a Makro pointer a year ago about December, in that time I have come to love the machine even if it does have some areas that could be improved on. Lately it's been acting up though sound stays on and buttons are getting hard to press, but today was the big one - vibrating function no longer works. It's still under its two year warranty serial number 90000294/ 06037 so hopefully Makro can replace it with a new one. The only problem is this is my only pinpointer probe, and a half working one is still better than none at all. I wonder if Makro would be so kind as to let me use the busted one until it's replacement arrives, can't imagine hunting without a probe now.

Hello Tommy.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue.
Please send an email with the serial number and a short video showing the issue to dilek@noktadetectors.com and we will further assist you.
Regards.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Nokta & Makro

Offline Tommy Cash

• Platinum
  • Next stop $20,000

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2016, 12:36 »
Sent email no reply. Posted video on YouTube as it was to large to attach to email.

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
  • Liked:

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2016, 18:06 »
TC, did you forward a link by email to the clip?

Offline Tommy Cash

• Platinum
  • Next stop $20,000

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2016, 00:47 »
Ive been asked to delete video from youtube  - how do I do that??
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 00:54 by Tommy Cash »

Offline Tommy Cash

• Platinum
  • Next stop $20,000

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2016, 01:13 »
Don't worry I've worked it out.

Offline Nokta Detectors

• Board Moderator
  • Bronze

0%
    • Nokta Detectors
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2

• Total Badges: 18
    Third year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2016, 02:09 »
Sent email no reply. Posted video on YouTube as it was to large to attach to email.

Please send it via wetransfer.com

• Detector(s) owned/used: Nokta & Makro

Offline rocketaroo

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64

Second year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2016, 07:35 »
Asked to remove video? You know that they must replace, or repair unit without that condition. I will eventually do a video about my pinpointer issues, with a certain brand.

Offline Tommy Cash

• Platinum
  • Next stop $20,000

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2016, 14:13 »
Things seem to be moving forward, watch this space.

Offline Tommy Cash

• Platinum
  • Next stop $20,000

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2016, 12:55 »
DHL delivering on the 20th

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
  • Liked:

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2016, 13:07 »
TC, What is DHL?

Offline FSH00

• Platinum
  • Work to live don't live to work

6.67%
    • I live in: QLD
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1699

• Total Badges: 41
    Sixth year Anniversary Returned an Item The Gold Ring The TON Pre-Dec Full House in a Day Wheat Three Pence Comm Penny Sixpence Rams Head Shilling Roo Penny 1000 Posts 500 Posts
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2016, 13:27 »
Couriers
  • Detector(s) owned/used: To many is never enough
  • Oldest find: Vicky (bun) penny 18??
Tally: To old to keep count now

xx
How to improve the Makro pointer

Started by Tommy Cash on Makro

7 Replies
Last post January 21, 2015, 23:49
by Nokta Detectors