collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  Cscope CS4PI Beach metal Detector Australian Videos Rings and Coins  (Read 3521 times)

Offline Adrian ss

• Gold

• Fill this by Posting :)
    13.33%
    • I live in: Canberra
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1

• Total Badges: 20
    Badges: (View All)
    Sixth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Hi Ivanll.
Sorry I was not able to answer earlier.
If I had to choose between the PIs that I have for salt beach detecting and wanted a good chance of  nailing some gold chains I would go for the SDC by a country mile. Second choice would be either the Sea Hunter or the Infinium, third is the sand Shark and last  the CS4PI. If I had an ATX it would be first choice. I am unsure of the TDI because I have never used one.
If I was looking for deep-ish large Aussie coin then any of those tectas will do the job in wet sand..
The Sea Hunter signals better on our one and two dollar coins than the Infinium although if you set the disc at approx 1 to 1.5 the tones for the Inf improve a bit...and also for sub g gold.
The CS4 is tragic for gold chains and struggles on an 22g 9k Albert chain.inc the t bar. I would hope that it is better on 18k or higher.

Minus the T bar. The Infinium can get this chain at 5+ inches no probs. The sea Hunter at 6 inches and the sand shark at 4.5 to 5 inches max. I could not get a recognisable response from the CS4PI on this chain above the background EMI. The SDC2300 can find it at 9.to 10 inches approx. in Max Normal mode and 8 inches in Max salt setting.

Chain is 38cm L

Just some thought.s
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 07:52 by Adrian ss »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Sea Hunter MK II, Safari, SDC 2300, 6000DI SL ,BHID,ML Stirling,GS 15000, Sov XS, Lobo ST, relic M 7,Fisher 553D & 555D,CX4PI,Infinium,Spectrum XLT.6000D,6000DI S 3, Gold Spear, Scorpion, CXII & CXIII,Pro Scan,Some Home Built VLFs & PIs and some others.
  • Oldest find: 1797 Cartwheel penny

Offline Adrian ss

• Gold

13.33%
  • Liked:

Sixth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
How do the CS4PI or your other PI's compare to the SDC 2300 on a wet beach. ?

Seen a beach video where the ATX was compared to the 2300 on a fine gold chain.

Hi Ivanll.
I have modified my previous post (that you quoted) in regard to the CS4. in case you are wondering why it does not match anymore.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Sea Hunter MK II, Safari, SDC 2300, 6000DI SL ,BHID,ML Stirling,GS 15000, Sov XS, Lobo ST, relic M 7,Fisher 553D & 555D,CX4PI,Infinium,Spectrum XLT.6000D,6000DI S 3, Gold Spear, Scorpion, CXII & CXIII,Pro Scan,Some Home Built VLFs & PIs and some others.

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

70%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 147

• Total Badges: 25
    Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
I have never seen an SDC-2300 being used on a beach up this way, GPXs a few over the years, looks like all the talk about going deep with the "best" PI detectors is all wasted.
When I have time on hand I use PI's, when I want to get on with it and search as big an area as possible while it's low tide then it's VLF with tone info.  
There is no honour in fake memberships or postings ! ~ Trust and respect is earned!

Offline whitehunter

• Platinum
  • Just one more swing !

100%
    • I live in: n.e. tassie
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3644

• Total Badges: 24
    Fourth year Anniversary Find Of the year Third year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
A mate here uses his SDC 2300 on our beaches and it's a killer , i have found it's pointless walking behind him with my detectors and that includes the White's surf p.i.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: ebay cheapo , Coinmaster , White's mxt pro ,Minelab 2100 , Minelab Equinox 800 , White's Surf P I . Makro Gold Racer , Nokta fors Relic , Whites MX 5
  • Oldest find: 1854 penny , 1816 shilling , cartwheel penny , 1895 gold sovereign , 1842 Groat

Offline Adrian ss

• Gold

13.33%
  • Liked:

Yeah I agree Ivanll. I use the PIs in the wet sand and water and use the Gold Bug Pro, Sov, and even my XLT occasionally over the dry sand. The GB and sov handle the wet sand fine. The safari is another older detector that is great at the beach that can detect the previously mentioned 22g chain at 8 inches with a NEL 12.5 inch Tornado DD fitted.
My Gold Bug Pro with 5 x 10 SEF DD can respond to a 3.2g 18k chain at 6 inches. Disc at zero and gain at approx 75%. Gain at 50% = 4 inches (100mm)
Just because a detector is out of date does not mean that it cannot detect as well as the latest and greatest.
Yesterday I tried running the Sea Hunter in Discrete Elimination and Disc set to almost eliminate  steel bottle caps. I did not get many signals but what I did get was one and two dollar coins and one sil ring...An interesting exercise but I think I will stick to Dig em all and take an educated guess at what the TID displays & tones of the VLFs are telling me and if any doubt check it out.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 08:39 by Adrian ss »

Offline BrisGazza

• Gold

100%
    • I live in: Brisbane North
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1427

• Total Badges: 37
    Pre-Dec Full House in a Day Fifth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts Fourth year Anniversary Rams Head Shilling Returned an Item Commonwealth Halfpenny Wheat Three Pence Sixpence Florin Comm Penny
Adrain SS , sorry mate I have not been in this section for a while & missed your question untill now . Adrain in all honesty I have not been back to the beach since i found that 20 cent piece ( a while now ) so I can not give any info sorry as it still has had no real use , 2 very quick hunts is it . This is why I have decided to sell the cscope as it is just sitting in the office , also I am planning on buying a etrac or equinox so have started a fund to get the $ up :) so if anyone is interested in a hardly used cscope ;) Gazza 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Garrett A T Pro International,Garrett Pinpointer,Equinox 800
  • Oldest find: 1797 Cartwheel Penny - 1881 Half Sovereign - 1895 Shilling
Gazza

Offline Adrian ss

• Gold

13.33%
  • Liked:

No worries.
Good luck with the Equinox. Sounds like it will be a good one for coins n relics etc......and hopefully gold chains that seem to beat most metal detectors.

xx
C-Scope CS4PI Test Report.

Started by ivanll on Other generic

1 Replies
Last post October 16, 2016, 21:52
by Adrian ss
xx
DIY Metal Detector

Started by Walksalot on Other generic

5 Replies
Last post July 05, 2014, 14:20