collapse

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  Hello from the Gold Coast  (Read 608 times)

Offline Wamphyri

• Iron

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
    • I live in: Gold Coast
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 3
    Badges: (View All)
    First Post One year Anniversary
Hello from the Gold Coast
« on: April 15, 2017, 00:20 »
Hi all,
My name is Scott, I've been lurking on here for a while now so figured it was time I started posting stuff.
I joined here early last year a few weeks before I got my first detector in mid March, mainly researching in the detectors forums to find what was worthwhile in my price range and local availability.
I ended up with an AT Pro, Profind, Garrett digging tool and a cheapo shovel from bunnies for digging stuff at the beach where I could get used to the machine a bit without destroying the ground.
I was hooked straight away even though I found bugger all worthwhile, but things did get better.
I went out solidly most nights for an hour or two and longer hours on Saturdays for about 3 months, then got slack as it got cooler and due to work and  laziness didn't go out again until almost the end of the year.
I started again over the xmas break pretty solidly, and then more intermittently after returning to work.
I only hunt at night as I'm not a fan of cooking in the sun all day, nor working in it digging stuff up lol.
Much cooler and quieter at night and less people around so I can enjoy this hobby as much as I can :)
I will start a thread with some pics of my finds and hopefully will find some more things to post in it in the future.

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=31381.0

Offline mike33

• Bronze

30%
    • I live in: Nerang. gold Coast. Qld.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 956

• Total Badges: 16
    Third year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Re: Hello from the Gold Coast
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 23:58 »
Welcome to the world of detecting, I am also on the Gold Coast, not that I have done much lately,  about time I got back into it. 
Mike. 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: C&G Wildcat. Whites 6000D. Tesoro Stingray Tesoro Cortes. Tesoro Sand Shark
  • Oldest find: 1800 penny

Offline Wamphyri

• Iron

0%
    • I live in: Gold Coast
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 3
    First Post One year Anniversary
Re: Hello from the Gold Coast