collapse

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  New Member  (Read 358 times)

Offline DTHCoCo

• Tin Foil

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
    • I live in: NSW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 1
    Badges: (View All)
    First Post
« on: August 27, 2017, 14:27 »
Hi,
My name is Steven I live in the Northern Rivers of NSW. I have detected since the embarrassing days of the Tandy metal Detectors LOL. I then moved on to the Red Baron much better a few more in between but have settled on the Minelab GPX 5000. Most of my detecting was beaches like Cronulla Beach NSW. I use to find so much money I could buy Lunch LOL. I remember I joined a mine detectors club in Sydney years ago and I turned up with my Red Baron and they all laughed at me, However I won the lucky door prize HaHa. I have not used my new Minelab yet as the settings are like a microwave and I cant program them either. I think I will start off with beaches again. Coils my dealer said the one it comes with are shit. So now I have been watching youtube video's on reviews and left even more confused. My relatives use to say to me that your new detector found you the second you walked in the store. Detectors now are like a new camera body, you need to buy all the lenses (coils) LOL. Most of my life was in Sydney, I just hope that I am within distance of some sort of Gold in the Northern bit of NSW.

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=31773.0
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

• Fill this by Posting :)
    100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 945

• Total Badges: 51
    Badges: (View All)
    Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 15:19 »
Your 5 has a coin mode i think, probably only works with the DD coil. Not a beach machine though. The dealer is right about the standard coil. Look into the Elite or NF range. If you ever want to make a trip into Vic we might be able to show you some sites where gold used to be. :)
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam