collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  Vallon VMH3CS  (Read 737 times)

Offline Adrian ss

• Gold

• Fill this by Posting :)
    13.33%
    • I live in: Canberra
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1

• Total Badges: 20
    Badges: (View All)
    Sixth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Vallon VMH3CS
« on: November 15, 2017, 07:51 »
Has anybody here used one of these for beach detecting?
http://www.vallon.de/pdf/VMH3CS_Leaflet-EN_03-2017.pdf?rnd=78990D2B1b3390CC01OWMuD701D4
Digital PI with Data logger output

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=32024.0
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Sea Hunter MK II, Safari, SDC 2300, 6000DI SL ,BHID,ML Stirling,GS 15000, Sov XS, Lobo ST, relic M 7,Fisher 553D & 555D,CX4PI,Infinium,Spectrum XLT.6000D,6000DI S 3, Gold Spear, Scorpion, CXII & CXIII,Pro Scan,Some Home Built VLFs & PIs and some others.
  • Oldest find: 1797 Cartwheel penny

Offline bicter

• Bronze

0%
    • I live in: QLD, 4307
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67

• Total Badges: 30
    Returned an Item Fifth year Anniversary 100 Posts Commonwealth Halfpenny The Gold Ring Florin Nugget Under 1 Ounce Sixpence Rams Head Shilling Comm Penny Wheat Three Pence 50 Posts
Re: Vallon VMH3CS
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 08:00 »
Adrian,
Haven't used one myself.
There's quite a thread on the detector here, not sure if you've seen it or not

http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showthread.php?23169-Vallon-VMH3CS-Mine-Detector&highlight=Vallon
The thread was started by Eric Foster
Interesting comments from the thread
This detector has more features than I thought. When you switch on there is first a self check, after which it defaults to a standard high sensitivity mode with no compensation. By pressing the + button and holding down the sensitivity level is indicated by the number of LEDs illuminated with the default at 12. If you keep holding the button down it goes up to 13 and finally 14. Sensitivity is reduced in the same way by pressing the - button and can be brought down to level 1. Any changes that are made when the detector is switched on, are cancelled when switched off and the default setting of 12 returns.

The operation of the pinpoint mode is different to what I previously thought. When the button with the crosswires is held down the detector changes to a non-motion mode. This means that the signal does not disappear when the coil is stationary over the target and the maximum signal is more easily heard to give best pinpointing.

Various combination of the buttons can bring up different features. There is a surf mode for using the detector in sea water. This, I guess, retards the sampling a bit to reduce the effect of sea water conductivity. I will check this out when I go to our local beach shortly. Apparently this setting is stored when unit turned off, until reset, and may account for the lower range on a nickel that Carl was getting on his unit. The pinpoint button and - have to be pressed together for surf operation. Pinpoint button and + for land. For compensation in water, the C button is pressed, then released, with the head in water and prior to searching.

There is what is called 'channel adjustment' this is to eliminate outside interference and crosstalk with other detectors. This is done with a combination of buttons and the unit switched to speaker mode. Channel settings are stored until changed.

There are 6 filter settings with different bandwidths to decrease the effects of electromagnetic interference. Default is 6Hz and minimum bandwith 0.5Hz. This has yet to be investigated, and how this affects performance. Filter settings are not stored at power down and return to default of 6Hz.

More later on the ground compensation facility.

Regards
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 08:22 by bicter »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: SD2100,GPX5000, AT Pro, SD2100, Coinmaster, propointer, Safari, Whites Dual Field PI, Equinox 800
  • Oldest find: 1866 Sixpence, gold nuggets

Offline Adrian ss

• Gold

13.33%
    • I live in: Canberra
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1

• Total Badges: 20
    Sixth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 13:11 »
Should be interesting. I have one on its way from Poland. Hope it works.
From what I have read it is not as deep as the Infinium or Duel Field on salt beaches... Should know in a few weeks.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Sea Hunter MK II, Safari, SDC 2300, 6000DI SL ,BHID,ML Stirling,GS 15000, Sov XS, Lobo ST, relic M 7,Fisher 553D & 555D,CX4PI,Infinium,Spectrum XLT.6000D,6000DI S 3, Gold Spear, Scorpion, CXII & CXIII,Pro Scan,Some Home Built VLFs & PIs and some others.
  • Oldest find: 1797 Cartwheel penny

Offline bicter

• Bronze

0%
  • Liked:

Returned an Item Fifth year Anniversary 100 Posts Commonwealth Halfpenny The Gold Ring Florin Nugget Under 1 Ounce Sixpence Rams Head Shilling Comm Penny Wheat Three Pence 50 Posts
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 15:01 »
Lots of reading in that tgread, 52 pages in total 😁
  • Detector(s) owned/used: SD2100,GPX5000, AT Pro, SD2100, Coinmaster, propointer, Safari, Whites Dual Field PI, Equinox 800

Offline bicter

• Bronze

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 17:08 »
Adrian

It'll be interesting to read your thoughts on its suitability for detecting gold chains when you do get to test it

clip
Clip on Stand for the Vallon.

Started by beepn on Other generic

5 Replies
Last post February 27, 2018, 18:14
by Adrian ss
clip
Vallon depth screen.

Started by beepn on Other generic

1 Replies
Last post May 14, 2018, 19:44