collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  An Unexpected Absence.  (Read 1159 times)

Offline OL 56

• Platinum

• Fill this by Posting :)
    100%
    • I live in: Ferntree Gully,Victoria.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 346

• Total Badges: 32
    Badges: (View All)
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
An Unexpected Absence.
« on: December 24, 2017, 18:08 »
For a moment I thought I was on the wrong Forum, so much has changed in such a short time. Obviously I have been AWOL and I would like to take the opportunity to briefly explain why. Only my family and a few friends were aware that for the last 3 years I have had a Tumor, unfortunately Chemo and Radiation failed to treat my condition and the Tumor returned quickly and with some sort of vengeance so I ended up rather quickly a patient of Peter Macs.
Funny how the mind works when your in that situation, There was a fair chance that I would not be typing this post and there are some members here that I felt deeply grateful towards and felt compelled to offer my gratitude. Ken 625 and I had our last hunt together and although he was aware of my condition he was unaware how serious it was, I'd like to thank Ken for the great finds and companionship we had, we have spoken since and hopefully we can repeat some of our adventures looking forward.
As I was getting weaker and weaker I really felt the need to relive the old prospecting days of the SD2000, I even had the battery charged and ready to go but it was a case of the spirit was willing but the body was weak, during that period Ray (RWORK) was kind enough to supply me with BPC newsletters and when the camps were on but of course I never made it, thanks Ray for your efforts and I apologize for not following through.
Thinking that I needed a new challenge I decided that updating my detector was the way to go , but which one?, well, thanks to Justafisho who offered to share his personal experiences I knew which one I would have bought but I once again I ended up in hospital but I still have that knowledge for a future purchase and I thank you for your honest appraisal by PM.
Rather than update I went the complete opposite as I wanted some thing light ,simple and inexpensive, I chose a Tesoro but getting one was proving almost impossible, Ivanll  came to the rescue big time, I am so grateful for your expertise and generosity that I want you to know I spent many hours at my local park and at the time it was the best therapy a detectorist could have.
Well that's off my chest so I'm feeling better already, I'm home in time for Xmas and soon I hope to put fresh batteries in the detectors, it goes without saying that I'm also grateful to every one who posts here, you have also made a contribution to my well being, a Merry Xmas to you all.......cheers Colin.  

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=32274.0
sent from my OL keyboard using 2 fingers

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

100%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 146

• Total Badges: 25
    Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
Re: An Unexpected Absence.
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 18:26 »
Colin,

May this Christmas be real special for you and bring a good report card.

Be well soon.

ivanll
There is no honour in fake memberships or postings ! ~ Trust and respect is earned!

Offline AngerManagement

• Gold
  • Any day above ground is a good day.

23.33%
    • I live in: Brisbane
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1707

• Total Badges: 21
    Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 18:52 »
All too many these days.. Made an emergent trip to my Dentist on Friday afternoon...

Walked in and - Shock.  She is only mid 30's and Breast cancer....

Had a chat and she worked with out her beenie on, as it was too hot...  Bloody chemo has some crook side affects...  Another couple of contacts have also all now on the Chemo and Radiation path..

Stay safe and remember every day is a Gem and good mates are even better..

Here is to 2018...
  • Detector(s) owned/used: excal 1000, x-pointer, 705 ,Gamma 6000 & CTX3030
  • Oldest find: ME
So can I use braid and how tight should the drag be set  when Sand Fishing...

Offline ANT1967

• If it sounds crappy - still dig it... !!
  • Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Victoria for now ......
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2663

• Total Badges: 38
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Coin Of the Month Winner Find of the Month Winner The Gold Ring Nugget Under 1 Ounce Rising Sun The TON 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 20:52 »
G’day Col ,

Your post & positiveness is highly admired & very welcomed .

Appreciate your openness in what I’m a sure has presented you & your family some tough days .

Best Wishes to you & yours and look forward to reading your finds post soon
  • Detector(s) owned/used: - Owned - Sovereign GT, - Own - GPX5000 & CTX3030
  • Oldest find: 1857 Gothic Florin , 1858 Holloway Token , Gold Nuggets .
Anywhere , Everywhere , Nowhere & 
Somewhere are the same place  !!

Offline Radar1966

• Platinum
  • Lost and confused but still working on it

53.33%
    • I live in: Perth Western Australia
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 942

• Total Badges: 29
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2017, 21:28 »
Stay positive and get well mate, you have plenty of support here.

Regards
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab X-terra 705 15in WOT 3khz, 7.5khz, 18.75khz 6inch digger 3khz Garrett Propointer Minelab Profind Minelab Excalibur 11
  • Oldest find: 1806-1807 George III Halfpenny

Offline Sambo

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Brisbane, Queensland
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2008

• Total Badges: 43
    Eighth year Anniversary Fourpence ( Groat ) 5000 Posts Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2017, 23:47 »
All the very best Colin - although we've never met, I feel like I know you through your posts, which are always positive and sincere.  So glad you're home for Chistmas.  Sounds like it's not just the detectors getting new batteries - here's to a great 2018.

Regards
Chris
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Teknetics Omega, Minelab Explorer II, Minelab Equinox 800
  • Oldest find: 1826 King George IV Penny ; 1843 QV Four Pence (Groat)

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Liked:

• Total Badges: 51
    Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2017, 07:10 »
I still have the free DD Pro coil in the van in case you have a use for it in the future Colin. Hope you are well enough to attend Wedderburn, if not in 2018 maybe the following year.
My wife is having Xmas breakfast in hospital which was very unexpected, hopefully dinner will be with us.
The Laanecoorie Gold Bash raises money each year for the Peter Mack institute, hopefully some of it has helped you in some way Colin.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

Offline Detectist

• Platinum

50%
    • I live in: Canberra, ACT
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1826

• Total Badges: 40
    Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Coin of the year Returned an Item The Gold Ring Nugget Under 1 Ounce 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2017, 13:16 »
Sorry to hear of this Col.

I hope things are as good as they can  be for you.

All the best.

Ray, i hope Lynne becomes well quickly.

I hope you all celebrate Xmas as best as you can.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: CTX 3030, Garrett Pro Pointer, GPX5000
  • Oldest find: 1662-1722 Chinese coin, Cartwheel Penny not to mention GOLD!

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
  • Liked:

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2017, 16:20 »
Lyn arrived at the xmas function very vague but the medication seems to be wearing off now. She has to go back to Hospital tonight.

Offline GemQ

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Melbourne
    • GEMQ1 Channel
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 978

• Total Badges: 46
    Seventh year Anniversary Coin of the year 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2017, 08:14 »
Col,

Wish you a speedy recovery mate and hopefully see you at Wedderburn in a couple of months time.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab GPX 4500 + Minelab Equinox 800
  • Oldest find: Cartwheel Penny
Enjoy the hunt, love the pre-decimals & Nuggs

Offline BrisGazza

• Gold

100%
    • I live in: Brisbane North
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1404

• Total Badges: 37
    Pre-Dec Full House in a Day Fifth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts Fourth year Anniversary Rams Head Shilling Returned an Item Commonwealth Halfpenny Wheat Three Pence Sixpence Florin Comm Penny
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2017, 09:21 »
I just wish to say that I hope Both Colin & Rays families had a good Christmas & really all the very best for the New Year & all of 2018 , Gazza
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Garrett A T Pro International,Garrett Pinpointer,Equinox 800
  • Oldest find: 1797 Cartwheel Penny - 1881 Half Sovereign - 1895 Shilling
Gazza

Offline Notalot

• Silver

40%
    • I live in: Sunshine Coast, Queensland
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 940

• Total Badges: 20
    Fourth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2017, 11:18 »
Good on ya! Col, hope you get out there and find some stuff.  Will see you at Wedderburn.:)  

Notalot.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Tesoro Cibola,Teknetics T2 SE, Pro-Pointer.
  • Oldest find: Vic 1881 One Shilling

Offline ohb1

• Platinum

20%
    • I live in: Sunshine Coast
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 589

• Total Badges: 36
    Seventh year Anniversary Florin Rams Head Shilling Sixpence Wheat Three Pence Round 50 Cents 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2017, 12:57 »
Obviously I have been AWOL .... hopefully we can repeat some of our adventures looking forward......Thinking that I needed a new challenge ...I am so grateful ...I'm feeling better already, I'm home in time for Xmas .......cheers Colin.  
Keep your positive attitude Col....it aint always easy but it does have it's rewards!...thanks for your words of honesty and encouragement...looking forward to 2018 !
ohb1
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Tesoro Laser B1; Tesoro Cortes; Tesoro Sand Shark, Minelab 3030; Garrett Pro Pointer
  • Oldest find: George IV shilling 1825-1829
swing..sweet silver succumbs.... sorrow,scratched, still, sentimental... smile, satisfied,... search, somewhere, sometime, silver

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
  • Liked:

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2017, 07:13 »
Wife still in hospital, (Wed.) Happens to be her work place and she is supposed to be looking after others today.

Offline slak jak

• Bronze

6.67%
    • I live in: springvale melbourne vic
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 147

Fifth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2017, 21:25 »
colin, sorry of your troubles , you have my sympathy
its quite a shock when one is first told you have the big C.
ive had it for about 2 years & ive learnt to live with it .
as long as i can stay upwright till the end i will be happy.
just dont want to become bed ridden .
i wish you & yours all the best .
slak jak
  • Detector(s) owned/used: pi,iooo x2,quatro garett 250
  • Oldest find: 1817 frenh coin

Offline AngerManagement

• Gold
  • Any day above ground is a good day.

23.33%
    • I live in: Brisbane
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1707

Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2017, 00:08 »
Another Detector mate about to be BALD in a day or so.   Been undergoing all sorts of treatment but now stem cell harvests and heavy shit.

I got a cap with obvious fake hair and my wife did up a Logo for him  (ML Advised of the action)..   Hair today gone tomorrow bahhaaha

You have to stay Positive and treat every day as special, too many just toss their time away b4 even realising that time can never be recovered..

Take care One and ALL.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 00:11 by AngerManagement »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: excal 1000, x-pointer, 705 ,Gamma 6000 & CTX3030
  • Oldest find: ME

Offline OL 56

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Ferntree Gully,Victoria.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 346

• Total Badges: 32
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2018, 12:20 »
Well that was a Xmas & New Year with an extra special meaning for me, I'm said to hear of others who are suffering and I really wish for you all to have the best possible outcome, you have my best wishes as always. I'm a bit over whelmed with all the 'Unread Posts' but also looking forward to reading them and find out what everyone's been up to. I had my 1st crack at detecting down the beach, didn't care if I found anything or not as it was just plain exhilarating just to be there, just as well as the Excaliber became way to heavy in a very short space of time, looks like this might be the 1st casualty of my recently formed chicken legs and wings, see how I go, might sneak some of the kids suspicious white powder they consume after attending the gym!, there is something I would like to pass on, normally I would not attempt detecting on a crowded beach however as I still have this euphoria about still being alive I lost my general inhibitions and with respect to peoples space and privacy I ventured every where I could fit in, I spent more time talking to inquisitive people and entertaining their children than detecting for myself, I found that very enjoyable and rewarding even though I guess I shot myself in the foot, I guess the moral of the story is to just go and do your thing, show respect and more often than not you will receive it.......cheers Colin.  

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam