collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic: [FOR SALE] Off Road Camper Trailer Tvan Murranji  (Read 625 times)

Offline Detectist

• Platinum

• Fill this by Posting :)
    66.67%
    • I live in: Canberra, ACT
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1838

• Total Badges: 40
    Badges: (View All)
    Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Coin of the year Returned an Item The Gold Ring Nugget Under 1 Ounce 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post
[FOR SALE] Off Road Camper Trailer Tvan Murranji
« on: February 22, 2018, 04:21 »
A Tvan is pretty well a take anywhere, light, and fully off-road camper trailer. This one is a TOP of the line model. It has a fibreglass shell while travelling and expands with a drop-down/push out tent section. Suspension is excellent with a propriety military grade system and size is made for those more heavy duty 4wd tracks out in the middle of nowhere.

While made for 4wd adventuring and has been our faithful camper for prospecting it is pretty comfortable in any situation. It takes me 10 minutes by myself for a basic set-up using the tent and less time to set up with a 2nd person. If you do not want to set up the tent, say when you are travelling, then just climb into the queen-sized bed and pull the outer door down. Comes with an annex and 2 end walls for longer stays.

2 x 70l water tanks, 2 x 100a deep cycle batteries and 2 x 4kg gas bottles. Can also carry 4 jerries in current set up. GVM only 1330kg.

Price $41,500 (neg).

Selling as we are moving to a bigger unit.

Our Tvan has been used as intended but we've not done any water crossings of any note. I've included some handy spares.

For a full description of what you get see this link to Caravan and Camping Sales.
https://www.caravancampingsales.com.au/ … ss=Premium

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=32526.0
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 04:24 by Detectist »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: CTX 3030, GPX5000, Deus
  • Oldest find: 1662-1722 Chinese coin, Cartwheel Penny not to mention GOLD!

Online AngerManagement

• Gold
  • Any day above ground is a good day.

26.67%
    • I live in: Brisbane
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1707

• Total Badges: 21
    Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Re: Off Road Camper Trailer Tvan Murranji
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 23:06 »
I love mine, but have not been able to use it as much as I would like.

• Detector(s) owned/used: excal 1000, x-pointer, 705 ,Gamma 6000 & CTX3030
  • Oldest find: ME
So can I use braid and how tight should the drag be set  when Sand Fishing...

Offline Detectist

• Platinum

66.67%
  • Liked:

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Coin of the year Returned an Item The Gold Ring Nugget Under 1 Ounce 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 08:36 »
Yeah, they are a very capable unit.  Go anywhere.  We've taken it to a lot of places others really can't.

I would have stayed with ours for another few years but on a recent slow period in life I had a chance to think about "where to from here".  Part of that involved thinking about how our style of camping in the bush had changed.  While we will continue to tour (and will be in July this year through the Qld Channel Country etc) and stay put for up to a few days at a time we tend to stay in one spot longer particularly in WA if we are lucky enough to be in a good area.  We are getting a new van that means we could now stay put for at least 3 weeks without having to wonder about going into town to fill up with water.

I must say, I hope the next van's bed is as comfortable as the foam mattress in the tvan.  I get the best night's sleep in the van.  Or is that also because I'm out in the bush ....  

Offline ohb1

• Platinum

20%
    • I live in: Sunshine Coast
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 592

• Total Badges: 36
    Seventh year Anniversary Florin Rams Head Shilling Sixpence Wheat Three Pence Round 50 Cents 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 10:31 »
 We are getting a new van that means we could now stay put for at least 3 weeks without having to wonder about going into town to fill up with water.
..just out of interest Detectist...on average, how long did your 140lts of water last, and what was it that used the most water?...I'm guessing there is no on board shower, ...porta loo??
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Tesoro Laser B1; Tesoro Cortes; Tesoro Sand Shark, Minelab 3030; Garrett Pro Pointer
  • Oldest find: George IV shilling 1825-1829
swing..sweet silver succumbs.... sorrow,scratched, still, sentimental... smile, satisfied,... search, somewhere, sometime, silver

Online AngerManagement

• Gold
  • Any day above ground is a good day.

26.67%
    • I live in: Brisbane
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1707

• Total Badges: 21
    Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 12:38 »
For me 140L lasts a good while...

The odd shower, but mostly cooking and washing up and drinking water.  Still carry 20L in the car as can be off driving.

I also spend more time on the beach than out bush and in summer 140L is OK but also depends on how many there are and how many a clean freeks and HOW hot it is.

The old wet cloth and a sponge bath is fine for me :-) 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: excal 1000, x-pointer, 705 ,Gamma 6000 & CTX3030
  • Oldest find: ME

Offline Shane-o88

• Platinum

66.67%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 828

• Total Badges: 42
    Third year Anniversary Nugget over an Ounce Coin Of the Month Winner Cricket Buckle Runner Up Gold Ring Shootout Find of the Month Winner Rams Head Shilling Roo Penny Sixpence Rising Sun Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 13:31 »
 Gee I only carry about 70-80 liters for 3 weeks and never run out. I do drink more beer than water though I guess.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab sd2100 (used). I own minelab GT16000, GPX5000, garrett ATX, garrett AT pro, lesche digging tool, garrett pin pointer.
  • Oldest find: Gold, 1906 dog tag, 1866 English penny, 1733 farthing
Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold....

2015 gold rings : 22
2016 gold rings : 15
2017 gold total (trial run) 2 man operation: over 2000 nuggets, approx 50 species for a total of Approx 20 oz over 9 weeks prospecting.
2018 gold total for our 2 man operation: 562 nuggets, 20 species 152 grams

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM

Offline Detectist

• Platinum

66.67%
  • Liked:

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 16:02 »
The 140l lasts a reasonable time IMHO.  There are often just the two of us.  We could get 3 weeks frugally but comfortably and still have a little bit in reserve.  I think I've run the water down about 100l in just over 2 weeks for the two of us without refilling somehow. (The water gauges aren't really too precise).

We have an occasional hair wash and quick spray out of a garden sprayer that does both of us - 5l, but generally we use wet ones.  Often too, we end up sharing our water with our travelling companions (eg most of the daily cuppas).  When we've hoped to stay longer than 2 weeks or so we empty whatever water we have left in the car and take the empty jerry and other containers into the nearest town to refill (all up about 30l including back packs) and have a proper shower.  Wash up is done  with perhaps 1 litre per night.  Drinking water is the main usage.  We have various ways of going to the loo - none of which use water in the bush and all involve a hole.  We take a porta potty for those areas where you should be self-contained eg across the Nullabor on the cliff tops and those unserviced way points.

We carry about 20-30l in the car in case we get stranded away from the van while detecting.  For the new car I've just received a water bladder that will take about 30l so we'll now carry 35 to 40l in the car in future.  Storage for the bladder will be on the floor rather than in a jerry on top of the drawer.

The new van means "showers" perhaps every 4 or 5 days and still have plenty in reserve in case we get stranded for a bit.  I'd never run out of water before leaving a site.  We always have plenty left.  I suspect the new van will allow us to last 4 weeks comfortably, perhaps more.  I'm looking forward to finding out.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 16:10 by Detectist »

Offline Detectist

• Platinum

66.67%
  • Liked:

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2018, 19:41 »
Forgot to mention ....  Shane

"...  I do drink more beer than water though I guess.  "

When we were in White Cliffs (NSW) a while back we went to the cemetery and noticed the number of women and children graves.  A re-visit to the sign at the front said that there had been a fever (can't remember what type) that originated with the drinking water.  Women and children drank water.  Men drank beer.

Not that I'm trying to encourage anyone to drink ....

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam