collapse

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  Long Time, No Posts.  (Read 581 times)

Offline Emu

• Gold

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 121

• Total Badges: 23
    Badges: (View All)
    Fourth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Long Time, No Posts.
« on: April 27, 2018, 23:02 »
It's been a long, long while since i posted anything, maybe 18 months or so.

From being someone who detected four or five times a week I very quickly went to someone who virtually stopped detecting altogether.

Sore knees and ankles very quickly developed into full blown osteoarthritis. I just couldn't do it anymore. Even small amounts of time spent on my feet were misery.

With nothing much of interest to post about it was hard to get enthusiastic about posting.

This happened about the time that this forum was going through some major changes, the biggest being the change of ownership.
I was less than impressed at the time. I didn't care much for the changes nor for some of the self opinionated characters that seemed to be proliferating on the forums at the time. The forums were quickly going to the dogs.

At the time, I believed that the forum was destined to an inevitable demise.

Thankfully, time has proved me wrong and this is still a good forum. Not the same anymore, but it's turned out ok.

Funnily enough, even though I was disillusioned about the forum changes and the loss of good contributors i have regularly read the board and I'm pleased that it seems to be doing ok. Different, but ok.

On a more personal note I have been able to manage my arthritis to a point where I am able to spend a bit of time detecting again. I can't do what I used to do and tend to stick to easier sites and locations. I still can't detect for long periods like I used to, but hell, I'm able to do something.

My finds haven't been spectacular but even so, I'm still finding a few interesting things. 

Good luck to everyone. 
:)

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=32794.0

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 945

• Total Badges: 51
    Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn
Re: Long Time, No Posts.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 08:18 »
Good to see a post from you Emu. Most are still here. Some go and return. Comps have changed for the worst i think. I think it would be better if all could vote instead of only a small few. Resources are all mixed up with “what is this posts” but not much we can do about it. The forum was offered up for sale again but under conditions which nobody wanted. Facebook groups get a lot of posts and some members may find it easier to only follow one groups posts. I have had some of my posts on the page i run get 30000 views in a week so FB gets good coverage.
Good to see you got some relief from your problems, does cold weather makes it worse?
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

Offline ANT1967

• If it sounds crappy - still dig it... !!
  • Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Victoria for now ......
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2670

• Total Badges: 38
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Coin Of the Month Winner Find of the Month Winner The Gold Ring Nugget Under 1 Ounce Rising Sun The TON 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 09:01 »
G’day Emu 

Glad to read your passion for Detecting is still there 

Hope to see some of your finds soon 

• Detector(s) owned/used: - Owned - Sovereign GT, - Own - GPX5000 & CTX3030
  • Oldest find: 1857 Gothic Florin , 1858 Holloway Token , Gold Nuggets .
Anywhere , Everywhere , Nowhere & 
Somewhere are the same place  !!

Offline trevorpickettau

• Platinum

23.33%
    • I live in: Victoria Melbourne
    • Yarraville West Weather
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 987

• Total Badges: 44
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Coin of the year Coin Of the Month Winner Nugget Under 1 Ounce The TON Round 50 Cents Sixpence Rams Head Shilling Comm Penny Roo Penny Rising Sun
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 16:19 »
Glad to have u back its been too long, glad to have a old timer back as you can see I rarely post myself, after the changes apparently we were the bad eggs ruining the forum into its inevitable demise lol
Hope the old camps are still producing for you
  • Detector(s) owned/used: compass yukon,Garrett ace 250 and 350 and AT Pro, Gold bug 2, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark, Tesoro Lobo Supertrac, Tesoro Tejon,Tesoro Cortes Minelab Gpx 4000 Minelab E trac

Offline OL 56

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Ferntree Gully,Victoria.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 349

• Total Badges: 32
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2018, 14:02 »
Welcome back Emu, know how you feel, I tend to do things a bit more slowly as well which in it's own way has become an advantage, mild exercise is better than no exercise, things will improve I'm sure........cheers Colin.  
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Garrett Groundhog,SD2000,XTERRA 705,Garrett Seahunter, Minelab Excalibur 2,Tesoro Mojave
  • Oldest find: Sixpence 1835
sent from my OL keyboard using 2 fingers

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam
anything