collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  Batteryless Jumpstarter  (Read 316 times)

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

• Fill this by Posting :)
    100%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 146

• Total Badges: 25
    Badges: (View All)
    Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
Batteryless Jumpstarter
« on: May 24, 2018, 12:24 »

Can be a real handy item, currently on sale at Repco ........ sometimes also available at Aldi.

See it in use on youtube.

ivanll

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=32887.0
There is no honour in fake memberships or postings ! ~ Trust and respect is earned!

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 942

• Total Badges: 51
    Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn
Re: Batteryless Jumpstarter
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 14:28 »
Very cheap for retail. Ebay about $60 for the one i purchased. I have just finished working on a jump starter called. The Super Mini Booster. It contained a 12v 14 amp hour 220 CCA battery. Basically a moterbike battery with some charging gear on top. $300.
I have used my compact $60 unit  about 5 times now on my Hilux petrol and the diesel in my Hyundai and another members Toyota LC.
It may not last for ever but a great thing to carry.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 14:31 by Rwork »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

100%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 146

• Total Badges: 25
    Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 15:25 »
Batteryless jump starter do not contain any battery but a series of capasitors that only need to be energised before use.

See Video.

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
  • Liked:

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 20:45 »
My $60 unit is a Capacitor rig but the dearer one i was repairing is a battery type.
The apprentices ruin both quickly by running them for more than the 4 seconds and hooking them up backwards.

Offline trevorpickettau

• Platinum

23.33%
    • I live in: Victoria Melbourne
    • Yarraville West Weather
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 987

• Total Badges: 44
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Coin of the year Coin Of the Month Winner Nugget Under 1 Ounce The TON Round 50 Cents Sixpence Rams Head Shilling Comm Penny Roo Penny Rising Sun
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 06:43 »
Ok if your battery isn't dead flat if it is then they are useless, unless someone has worked out how to put a large current load down tiny wires at least the battery ones can be used to bring your battery up a bit to take the load of the battery or capacitor
  • Detector(s) owned/used: compass yukon,Garrett ace 250 and 350 and AT Pro, Gold bug 2, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark, Tesoro Lobo Supertrac, Tesoro Tejon,Tesoro Cortes Minelab Gpx 4000 Minelab E trac

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
  • Liked:

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2018, 07:23 »
Recently i left my parking lights on from Afternoon until morning. The ute battery was that flat the ignition light wouldn’t come on. I tried a 40 amp camping battery with small wiring and alligator clips. It turned it over slowly but no chance of starting. I put the capacitor start rig onto the battery and it fired up straight away. They are not for starting a car that has starting problems though. The maximum crank time is supposed to be four seconds. They have to be removed  immediately after starting so the alternator doesn’t try and charge the jump start. Because i was by myself the cap start was left connected for a short time, by the time i got to remove it the warning siren was going.

Offline lex utopia

• Gold

33.33%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 109

• Total Badges: 20
    Fifth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2018, 16:47 »
Sooo did it fry the starter pack or just let the smoke out ::)  I believe the story that it is only when you let the smoke out that problems happen;D  ... 17 hours to go and counting   .. Lex

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
  • Liked:

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2018, 17:06 »
It didn’t hurt the jump starter. Flattened the battery again today as the ute has a small crack in the head and water sometimes fouls a couple  of the plugs. This time i used a large 4wd battery and two sets of leads to start it and some of that  Start You B spray.

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam
anything