collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  Time Ranger ??  (Read 2588 times)

Offline Adrian ss

• Gold

• Fill this by Posting :)
    13.33%
    • I live in: Canberra
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1

• Total Badges: 20
    Badges: (View All)
    Sixth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Time Ranger ??
« on: January 05, 2012, 22:19 »
HI Alimo88,

I see you own a Time Ranger.

Am curious to know your opinion of the This detector.

I have been wondering about this machine since it came onto the market but have not been tempted to buy because it seemed to be a bit gimmiky. I have owned a Land Star for a short time and had some coin hunting success with it although the TID was a bit wishy washy.

The Time ranger appears to have a lot of interesting features even tho it has been around for a while.

Just curious.

Adrian SS

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=8537.0
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Sea Hunter MK II, Safari, SDC 2300, 6000DI SL ,BHID,ML Stirling,GS 15000, Sov XS, Lobo ST, relic M 7,Fisher 553D & 555D,CX4PI,Infinium,Spectrum XLT.6000D,6000DI S 3, Gold Spear, Scorpion, CXII & CXIII,Pro Scan,Some Home Built VLFs & PIs and some others.
  • Oldest find: 1797 Cartwheel penny

alimo88

Re: Time Ranger ??
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 22:41 »
nope I did have one and on sold it

they had runout prices of 200 US about 5 years ago

the Tid did work but was small and a bit difficult to see

and the pinpointing function had to be accessed by a couple of button presses

the ground balance was not worth the effort I my opinion

I went back to the Fisher F2 with 3 coils and 3 lower stems

massive VID number very solid on a good target , light weight and heaps of fun in parks

I could not recommend the  Time ranger as I score it as about 60% only

Offline Adrian ss

• Gold

13.33%
    • I live in: Canberra
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1

• Total Badges: 20
    Sixth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 07:34 »
G/Day Alimo88

Thanks for that reply. I will leave the TR alone.

Poor TID and Bad Ground balance go hand in hand; Like most American metal detectors, they do not work as well here as in the States well here because they have insuficient GB range and cannot handle  the High iron content in our ground.

All the yanks have to do is calibrate their detectors to work well in Aussie ground conditions and the detectors would then work well anywhere on the planet.

Seems a No Brainer to me.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Sea Hunter MK II, Safari, SDC 2300, 6000DI SL ,BHID,ML Stirling,GS 15000, Sov XS, Lobo ST, relic M 7,Fisher 553D & 555D,CX4PI,Infinium,Spectrum XLT.6000D,6000DI S 3, Gold Spear, Scorpion, CXII & CXIII,Pro Scan,Some Home Built VLFs & PIs and some others.
  • Oldest find: 1797 Cartwheel penny

Offline scratchinaround

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: a land of confusion.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 228

• Total Badges: 25
    Sixth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 11:58 »
G/Day Alimo88

Thanks for that reply. I will leave the TR alone.

Poor TID and Bad Ground balance go hand in hand; Like most American metal detectors, they do not work as well here as in the States well here because they have insuficient GB range and cannot handle  the High iron content in our ground.

All the yanks have to do is calibrate their detectors to work well in Aussie ground conditions and the detectors would then work well anywhere on the planet.

Seems a No Brainer to me.
   hi  ADRIEN, no brainer - sure. that,s the illogical part of it all, and affects most ?  detectors. like, how much more would it cost to  achieve that.? reading  find,s treasure forum,there was two guys in the U.S. DOING THESE mod,s but they seem to have retired.so it can be done. treasure/gold snoop supplier here advertises that this is done  to suit our conditions. surely it can,t be that hard !? well apparently it is. :P   cheers 8)
  • Detector(s) owned/used: used bh discovery 33oo, ace350,m/l 305. now tesoro compadre
  • Oldest find: 1923 sa football members badge,1902/5/6dog reg tags.1910 bottle,66 round 50 cent.1912 farthing.1927h/penny1857/81penny
HOT  DIGGERTY DIG

alimo88

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 13:32 »
Oh the Ground Balance worked, it was just not worth the effort extra of turning on because the detector worked well without ground balance.

Adrien and Scratch

Why not start your OWN thread about "Ground balance"  "Australian conditions" and "Aussie modifications".

Then that topic can be discussed on it's own merit without being an add on to other threads.

You have an interest in it clearly. So bring it up as a Forum topic.

xx
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger- Discrimination Settings??

Started by DromanaBoy on Bounty Hunter

1 Replies
Last post May 09, 2012, 17:13
by alimo88

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam