collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  BLISSTOOL  (Read 14710 times)

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

• Fill this by Posting :)
    100%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 147

• Total Badges: 25
    Badges: (View All)
    Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
BLISSTOOL
« on: February 26, 2012, 11:48 »
Open session beach outing.

ivanll

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=9594.0
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 10:53 by ivanll »
There is no honour in fake memberships or postings ! ~ Trust and respect is earned!

Offline sido

• Silver
  • Melbourne/Diamond Creek 45 years younger

0%
    • I live in: Victoria
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4

• Total Badges: 24
    Seventh year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Re: BLISSTOOL
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 16:39 »
Oh this Blitstool :D :D

Have been following it lately and gathering as much info and this is a personal opinion on what i have learnt, discovered and understand from reviews on this new detector.....Internal Pictures, circuit board, user manual and videos etc.........i have seen them all.

Never used one but my opinion is by taking all the facts presented so far and coming to the conclusion that this is nothing special but a previous engineered V.L.F detector boosted up with every knob possible which has been made user adjustable. ;) ;)

I hate to say this, especially those who may have purchased one already, but this detector is not much different to the $85.00 dollar Kmart special i have been using for coin/relic hunting.......The only difference is that a quality constructed/shielded 11" and 15" coil is supplied in a DD format and more knobs than 747 ::) to combat every field situation.

Dont discount me on the performance, it has been shown to work above expectation and i would expect it to do so as the Kmart special does the same job, same audio tone, same recovery speed, but less depth.......mainly due to the 8" coil size and lack in quality CHINESE manufacturing.

I definitely wont be buying one......If i had the time i would construct a 11" DD for my Kmart special and with a few mods and extra external knobs i may be able to make it perform just as good as the Blisstool. Might give that a try someday when time permits.

Oh well, time will tell when other's see eye to eye with me on this one. :) :)

Sido HH

« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 16:43 by sido »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Sd2000 modified, Goldsnoop X modified Md1023,
  • Oldest find: 1860 QVictoria Half Penny

Offline Smurf

• A Find is a Find
  • Platinum
  • SMURF and his AT PRO

0%
    • I live in: Woodgate Queensland
    • Facebook
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7

• Total Badges: 48
    Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 16:47 »
Think I'll pass too

Too many knobs for me ???
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Bounty Hunter IV (Sold), Garrett AT PRO (Current), Garrett PinPointer, Minelab ProFind
  • Oldest find: 1863 ITALIAN 50 CENTESIMI, 1884 BRITANNIA PENNY,1881 BRITISH THREEPENCE, 1911 AUSTRALIAN HALF PENNY
Decimal Tally     Pre Decimal Tally      Silver Tally
$344.41           3 Pd / 6s / 1d             72

Total Decs          Total Predecs
   636                       262

detectorsmurf on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/DetectorSmurf

Offline Count Pierre

• Platinum

0%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 411

• Total Badges: 35
    Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 17:40 »

Too many knobs was my first impression too! :(
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Whites DFX + 5 Coils ,Whites MX5
  • Oldest find: 1817 George 3 Shilling
If I can't handle it, I'll go & have a few beers, or a red wine....or both.... & go from there!

Offline Aussie Detecting

• Platinum
  • www.aussiedetectors.com

0%
    • I live in: Bendigo Vic
    • Aussie Detecting & Prospecting
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3

Seventh year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 20:14 »
Apparently there are people that have purchased them in Australia that are very happy according to Blisstool. I asked them if those customers were contactable to talk to & see the detector, no details forwarded. Shame though I would have liked to have a squiz.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Too many.
  • Oldest find: Roman coin
It's all about having fun.
www.aussiedetectors.com

Offline sido

• Silver
  • Melbourne/Diamond Creek 45 years younger

0%
    • I live in: Victoria
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4

Seventh year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 21:37 »
A bit more to add.

I have no problem with its repeated and documented performance on the net........Its just that if i were to re-label it as a boosted up GC1023/Md1023,.... everyone will laugh at that suggestion. That's why the performance of my Gsnoop is good.......It does the optimum job for its 8" coil and delivers the goods. A 11" coil on my Chinese unit will be on par with the Blistool. :D :D

I am happy someone has decided to advance such a simple but reliable circuit design and refined its operation to the best of its ability with every combination made adjustable to the user.

It's like this, which i might sound confusing, but will try to explain.........

You could buy the latest high end Icom, Kenwood or Yaesu Two way radio.....If you dont configure those radio's to the best antenna coil match, then you might as well use a cheaper quality brand radio with a good matched antenna........as it will do the same job as the high end one does with a crappy aerial/coil and at a cheaper price....This is where some Chinese units fail...(The Coil) :(

It just seems people are fooled into buying something that has many knobs, therefore it seems superior to anything on the market..........It's not.....It is a similar design to Goldsnoop (look at the circuit board) with the exception of the many adjustable knobs and the larger and better designed coils.

It's a 8 khz machine that chatters and burps due to optimum settings adjustable from user on those videos shown.....

The fact that no other detector has been designed in such a way with so many knobs......well maybe this is the ultimate V.L.F on the market to date.

No problem with that, because no Manufacturer in the past has ever adopted this option with so many knobs. I see the good points about these features.

Because every site and different environments on this earth demand different settings to suit the conditions....This is where the Blistool runs supreme and will help user's when they are stuck in a un-detectable environment scenario.

Not knocking it back, actually i like the concept and the fact someone thought outside the box on a simple but effective design........than what is typical of the major Manufacturers who would not even consider this path, due to financial reasons and future viability of the Company.....i can understand that. Time has caught up in a ultimate V.L.F after 30 or so years.

I can say this......From video demos this has to be the most effective and versatile V.L.F on the market with all those dials to be released to date. I would also say that this detector would be suited to the seasonal experienced operator.......Price not to bad either, do not know about quality though......time will tell...

Sido HH   
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Sd2000 modified, Goldsnoop X modified Md1023,
  • Oldest find: 1860 QVictoria Half Penny

Offline beepn

• Silver
  • detecting since 1977

16.67%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20

• Total Badges: 22
    Sixth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 23:48 »
Hi Guys.

Well in the early 80 ts. their was a detector brought out for the gold fields made here in Australia and had plenty of nobs to twidle  with and their were plenty of nockers that said it was no good. The detector was the Bridge Wright and a ripper of a detector if you new how to set it up. I met a new chum in Wedderburn Victoria only a young buck in his 20s who had bought one and he was staying in the caravan park a couple of doors up from my camp as i had been their 3 months and at that time finding my keep. He did not have a clue how to set it up as he had been their for a a couple of weeks he was ready to rap it round a tree. As i was looking for another detector i had been in touch with the developers of the detector as was conversent with the principals of cordinating the secequences to set up the detector to its best advantage. So i caught up with this young guy and took him under my wing and we went to a good spot that i had found a couple of ounces and set it  up and found gold . And this young guy then went from strength to strength and did very well for him self .

So i wouldnt start knocking the Blisstool  till its proven. Some  guys get in the head that their detector they are using is the ants pants without trying other brands. Every detector has different qualities in the way they are used and some people should not be using them if they cant get them to be a extension of the arm in cordination with whats between your ears .

You really have to sleep with your detector and try it in every method you  know  till you know your detector in side out. I am definetly looking at the Blisstool as what i seen apart from them not using gpxs against the brisstool as using the Whites tdi, The Deus, e-track,
Whites p.i, Sovereign G.T. with the 15 inch wot. Excallabur and a few others. It is a specialliaty detector for certain types of detecting,it is Not a beepa that you would put up against a e-track or a Whites v3i or a fisher f75se. for generall park hunting in heaps of rubbish its not made to use in these situations. For the gold fields here in oz thats another story only time will tell.

What the hobby of detecting is all about is finding the best tool for the right situation and that might mean you might buy a brummy but you have to try . If it is a screamer then you have kicked a goal. One other thing Blisstool is making coils for the v3i and a few guys in oz have got them and they are getting plenty more depth.

Regards Beepn. with the v3.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 00:31 by beepn »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Vallon Whites v3i, Dual Field e-trac, Quattro, Exterra 70, Sovereign xs, Whites Goldmaster, Whites p.i. Minelab 2100, Aquasport, Garrett a2b, Garrett Deepseeker, Garrett bfo, Bridge Wright, Bounty Hunter rb7, Bounty Hunter rb5, Whites 6000d, Whites 6db
Horse sense is the result of stable thinking.

Offline Adrian ss

• Gold

13.33%
    • I live in: Canberra
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1

• Total Badges: 20
    Sixth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 15:11 »
All I could hear comming from the Bliss was ground noise. I am certain my old Sov would eat it alive.
The machine was very unstable and was not Ground balancing very well from what I could hear.
The bloke was swinging it in an arc over the target Not flat across the ground and that was what was causing the signal. Out of balance ground noise.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Sea Hunter MK II, Safari, SDC 2300, 6000DI SL ,BHID,ML Stirling,GS 15000, Sov XS, Lobo ST, relic M 7,Fisher 553D & 555D,CX4PI,Infinium,Spectrum XLT.6000D,6000DI S 3, Gold Spear, Scorpion, CXII & CXIII,Pro Scan,Some Home Built VLFs & PIs and some others.
  • Oldest find: 1797 Cartwheel penny

Offline Adrian ss

• Gold

13.33%
  • Liked:

Sixth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 23:56 »
Wish I could take you up on the offer Ivanll.
My total detecting time for this year is about 6 or 7 hours. Just a few years ago i could literally detect for 6 or 7  hours straight non stop no food no water but now I am lucky to go 15 minutes without stopping to rest.

Are you saying that the bliss tool is OK? I realy thought it sounded very noisy in the youtube clip and that the tester was not all that impressed with it? He was constantly fiddling with the controls trying to get it to settle down.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Sea Hunter MK II, Safari, SDC 2300, 6000DI SL ,BHID,ML Stirling,GS 15000, Sov XS, Lobo ST, relic M 7,Fisher 553D & 555D,CX4PI,Infinium,Spectrum XLT.6000D,6000DI S 3, Gold Spear, Scorpion, CXII & CXIII,Pro Scan,Some Home Built VLFs & PIs and some others.

Offline SWEEPER

• Silver

0%
    • I live in: Gold Coast Qld
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64

Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2012, 21:52 »
He he, Ivanll, I am still laughing about that analogy 6 hours after I read it!   ;D
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab Sovereign Elite with Coiltek 12x8 coil,Minelab CTX 3030 & Minelab Excalibur 2 1000
  • Oldest find: 1880's Keg Tap

Offline aussiedigger

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: a time. When in every rightly constructed boys life. Where he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden Treasure.
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 946

• Total Badges: 28
    Fifth year Anniversary 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2012, 13:19 »
I'm still sitting on the fence with this one.  ::) Only time will tell.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: GPZ 7000 / SDC 2300 CTX 3030 / Excalibur 11 with Remote Pinpoint modifications on handle and able to swap headphone capability Using Skullies and Garrett Amphibians All thanks to Joe (Oldbeechnut) /
  • Oldest find: 1817 George III Sixpence (Bulls Head) / Gold nuggets
** WELL IT'S BECAUSE WE ARE *PIRATES* YOU SEE,AND *PIRATES*ARE NOT PART OF THE LOST AND FOUND DEPT**

Offline Ecto1

• Platinum
  • They Seek'em here.... They seek'em there!!!

0%
    • I live in: Much Further South Of Sydney
    • Energy Awareness Australia
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29

• Total Badges: 38
    Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 21:09 »
Certainly got my attention!

I agree with beepn!

I would most definitely consider getting one.

Thanks ivanll
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 06:54 by Ecto1 »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Tesoro Vaquero, Minelab E-Trac, Whites DFX E-Series, Minelab X-Terra 705, Gold Snoop Pro, Garrett THD, Garrett Propointer, Detectorpro Pistol probe
  • Oldest find: 1816 King George III British bullhead Six Pence
Kind Regards

Ecto 1

Who ya gonna call!

Offline steadyon

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Qld
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 17
    Fifth year Anniversary 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2012, 20:44 »
Hi Ivan are you able to post the settings you use on the beach please.

Best Regards Steadyon
  • Detector(s) owned/used: OWN - GP3500, Explorer XS, Sov GT, Fisher F5, pro pointer, Whites IDX PRO, Gold Bug Pro
  • Oldest find: gold nuggets

Offline Ecto1

• Platinum

0%
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2012, 17:09 »
Hey Ivanll,

Thanks for the feedback.

I was looking at a youtube comparo how various VLF's and PI detectors and the Blisstool would run on very mineralised soil in the US.

I was quite impressed with the results.

i was also equally impressed on how the v3 was able to sniff out gold chains where some of the popular brands could not.

I am seriously considering this Blisstool detector. Best case in the next few weeks!!!

thanks again mate.  :D :D :D :D
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Tesoro Vaquero, Minelab E-Trac, Whites DFX E-Series, Minelab X-Terra 705, Gold Snoop Pro, Garrett THD, Garrett Propointer, Detectorpro Pistol probe

Offline Ecto1

• Platinum

0%
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2012, 04:13 »

Offline aussiedigger

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: a time. When in every rightly constructed boys life. Where he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden Treasure.
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 946

• Total Badges: 28
    Fifth year Anniversary 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2012, 12:12 »

Very impressive video , I must say though when they show a close up of the settings it blew me away with all the dials etc.   :)
  • Detector(s) owned/used: GPZ 7000 / SDC 2300 CTX 3030 / Excalibur 11 with Remote Pinpoint modifications on handle and able to swap headphone capability Using Skullies and Garrett Amphibians All thanks to Joe (Oldbeechnut) /
  • Oldest find: 1817 George III Sixpence (Bulls Head) / Gold nuggets

Offline Adrian ss

• Gold

13.33%
  • Liked:

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2012, 18:10 »
Well after visiting a few forums and checking opinions re the Blisstool and I am having difficulty getting a straight answer as to just how good or bad this machine is.
So ! does it work well in salt water compared to say an CZ 21 or Sov or BHID?  Has it got good discrimination while retaining depth  in the disc mode on salt beaches?
Is the vlf mode any good in iron mineralised ground?. How long will it operate on a single charge ? Does it hold tune? Does it scream at you when changing modes?  What frequency does it run at? Does the Auto GB actually work or is it just an auto retune?

Offline Ecto1

• Platinum

0%
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2012, 18:16 »
Adrian,

your answers to your questions are on the blisstool Website and also have a look at the Blisstool USA you tube videos.

http://blisstool.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1
eature=CBsQwRs%3D

They'll answer some of your questions too.

Offline Ecto1

• Platinum

0%
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:

BLISSTOOL
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2012, 06:52 »
I guess to have made up your mind Adrian.

Kind Regards

Ecto1

Sent from my iPhone.

Offline Adrian ss

• Gold

13.33%
  • Liked:

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2012, 07:52 »
Heard a rumour that if you decide at a later date to buy a second coil for the bliss then the machine has to go back to the manufacturer because each detector is matched to its coil and that a coil from one machine will not necessarely work very well on a another bliss.

So if you buy the Bliss then order your second coil at the same time.

Same situation with coils for the Tesoro  Lobo ST.

Offline Nuke em

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: UK
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3

• Total Badges: 16
    100 Posts Fifth year Anniversary 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2012, 06:34 »
I have bought and have recently got my Blisstool and a mate has used his along side me while i used the ET or the CTX on Roman sites and other sites and he has found coins with it . He used it on the sandy beaches at Bournemouth England and found Gold rings too.
At the moment i have not had the time to use the Bliss on land as i dont go out to land often now but will when i can.
Its not for the beaches i do as the beaches i detect are stonny and very trashy. Its hard enough with the ET.
Also my Mate says he has sorted the ground balance issue and he uses a ferite ring to ground balance it but i know nothing about that, not had the time to get into it yet.
I have heard the idea that the Bliss is a reworked Fisher from old times but as far as i am concerned if it does the job i dont care if its a reworked Tandy :D
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab's, Red Heat's, X.P's, Fisher's, Whites, C.Scope, and others
  • Oldest find: Gold Cantii tribe Quarter Stater , Roman Republican Denarius
Uses- E.Trac , Equinox 800 x 2 , Multi Kruzer , Garrett Pointers , Gray Ghost x 3 , Nugget Busters

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

100%
  • Liked:

Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2012, 10:58 »
In this area some Blisstool owner/users are accommodating and open for contact  :D   :D   ................ but!

ivanll

Offline Ecto1

• Platinum

0%
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:

BLISSTOOL
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2012, 11:09 »
Ha ha ha

Kind Regards

Ecto1

Sent from my iPhone.

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

100%
  • Liked:

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2013, 18:10 »
Had "BT" percolating this AM.............................again. :)

ivanll

Offline Count Pierre

• Platinum

0%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 411

• Total Badges: 35
    Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2013, 19:36 »

Did you find anything??   ???
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Whites DFX + 5 Coils ,Whites MX5
  • Oldest find: 1817 George 3 Shilling

xx
A note from Blisstool in USA and Bulgaria.

Started by Rwork on Other generic

8 Replies
Last post August 10, 2013, 20:07
by ivanll

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam