Metal Detectors Brand specific discussion > Garrett

Infinium LS beach setup.

(1/1)

ivanll:
How many Infinium LS users are still using the original described/prescribed in the book and youtube video setup. ?

Compared to the alternative very fast/easy  beach setup.!

ivanll

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=31865.0

Adrian ss:
Hmmmmm?
I just do It my way. ;D
EMI adj, GB, Set disc at just above 1 so as to get a good hit on Aussie 1 & 2 dollar coins and gold in the dry sand.
Then when moving to the wet sand or water, set disc at 2 or 3 to smooth out the salt noise that the GB won't. Seems to work and does not take more than approx 30 sec.
Don't recall what the book says.  ???......Hell! It is so long since I had the control box off the shaft that I had forgotten about the instructions on the box.... As a matter of fact I think yesterday is the first time I have read them.  ::)

ivanll:

--- Quote from: Adrian ss on September 29, 2017, 16:13 ---Hmmmmm?
I just do It my way. ;D
 EMI adj, GB, Set disc at just above 1 so as to get a good hit on Aussie 1 & 2 dollar coins and gold in the dry sand.
Then when moving to the wet sand or water, set disc at 2 or 3 to smooth out the salt noise that the GB won't. Seems to work and does not take more than approx 30 sec.
Don't recall what the book says.  ???

--- End quote ---

Looks like most Infinium users do the setup as described on the top of the housing picture "1".
I first raise the coil a meter above the ground away from any metal and set mine as in picture "2" by leaving the Disc. at 0 and turning the Threshold knob to Freq.Adjust, then turn on the power to Slow AGT, after hearing the beeps of battery capacity the audio will increase noticeably before descending to a low steady threshold, at which point I lower the coil to the ground and switch the ATG to Lock.

It is left with the knobs in these positions throughout the days search/hunt. 

I had a video on this forum that showed the knob positions and the coil in the air with sound clearly audible ..... but it went out with photobucket.
Have to this day never seen another video that showed the exact same setup, guess the snoopers that like to copy someones idea to try and become somebody on YouTube missed it, SO sad  ;D

Have used this setup since attending the 2007 Metal Detecting Championship in Coolgardie WA where there was so much interference from other PI users mainly MLs, that a fast Frequency Adjust on the go was just perfect. 

Anyway try it out on your area, this setup take all of 10 sec.

ivanll    

FSH00:
I found this in my detectors folder, my be of use to some one, think it come from the GMC website.

(1) Turn unit straight to Fast Track and listen for battery condition beeps to make sure batteries are OK.
 (2) Then turn unit onto “Lock”.
 (3) Adjust threshold to approximately 3 and listen for any external interference.
 (4) If interference noticeable, turn “Threshold” completely around to “Frequency Lock”.
 (5) Adjust “Discrimination Knob” to eliminate interference. Remember, in this function, there are 32 frequencies positions on this control. Allow a few seconds between any position selected so as it can stabilise.
 (6) Once interference is eliminated, leave “Discrimination” at the adjusted position and turn threshold back to about 3 or where it is just audible.
 (7) Then turn discrimination back to zero.
 (8) Change “Automatic Ground Track” to “Fast” and ground balance unit.
 (9) Then switch “Automatic Ground Track” to “Slow” and then check ground balance again.
 (10) Generally use “Slow Ground Track” unless ground is extremely hot and variable, then try “Fast Track”.
 (11) If ground is not varying in mineralisation, then you can search in “Lock” position.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version