* Share it Around

Author Topic:  Eight Easy Steps to locate a Coin Cache! Victorian Parish Maps!  (Read 26283 times)

RelicHunter84

Re: Eight Easy Steps to locate a Coin Cache! Victorian Parish Maps!
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2011, 23:14 »
Thanks Balf for the info. I will soon be looking into it. Especially for my old home town. Thanks again for doing all the hard work for us.

~Jo.

Offline aussiedigger

• Platinum

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
    • I live in: a time. When in every rightly constructed boys life. Where he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden Treasure.
    • Youtube's channel
  • Likes Given: 946

• Total Badges: 27
    Badges: (View All)
    2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2012, 13:42 »
Great information Balf but i think it is a lot easier just to follow you lol.                                              THANKS  FOR THE HARD WORK                                                                                 REGARDS DRAGON
[/quote

Coffee spill LOL
  • Detector(s) owned/used: GPZ 7000 / SDC 2300 CTX 3030 / Excalibur 11 with Remote Pinpoint modifications on handle and able to swap headphone capability Using Skullies and Garrett Amphibians All thanks to Joe (Oldbeechnut) /
  • Oldest find: 1817 George III Sixpence (Bulls Head) / Gold nuggets
** WELL IT'S BECAUSE WE ARE *PIRATES* YOU SEE,AND *PIRATES*ARE NOT PART OF THE LOST AND FOUND DEPT**

Offline aussiedigger

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: a time. When in every rightly constructed boys life. Where he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden Treasure.
    • Youtube's channel
  • Likes Given: 946

• Total Badges: 27
    2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2012, 13:49 »
Great information Balf but i think it is a lot easier just to follow you lol.                                              THANKS  FOR THE HARD WORK                                                                                 REGARDS DRAGON

Lol spilled coffee   ;)
  • Detector(s) owned/used: GPZ 7000 / SDC 2300 CTX 3030 / Excalibur 11 with Remote Pinpoint modifications on handle and able to swap headphone capability Using Skullies and Garrett Amphibians All thanks to Joe (Oldbeechnut) /
  • Oldest find: 1817 George III Sixpence (Bulls Head) / Gold nuggets
** WELL IT'S BECAUSE WE ARE *PIRATES* YOU SEE,AND *PIRATES*ARE NOT PART OF THE LOST AND FOUND DEPT**

Offline Grechie

• Iron

0%
    • I live in: Deer Park, Melbourne
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 11
    Fourth year Anniversary First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2012, 18:03 »
HI, im a newbie to this hobbie, i purchased my first detector from e-bay and cant wait till it arrives in the coming week or 2, its something i cant wait to get into and is something ive always wanted to do . Your post was really helpful to me, im not in it to strike it rich, i just want to see what i can find, whether it be coins, relics gold or junk, just want to meet new people and have fun in the outdoors.. finding gold will be a bonus. cant wait

cheers, ;D
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Fisher F-5
I told the doctor I broke my leg in two places. He told me to quit going to those places

Offline farrell

• Copper

0%

• Total Badges: 15
    50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Does anyone know of an alternative for South Australia?
  • Oldest find: 1921 Half Penny

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Likes Given: 682

• Total Badges: 50
    Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn 15000 Posts
Did you read page one ?  I changed Vic in the link for nsw and i got a result. maybe you could substitute sa.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

Offline farrell

• Copper

0%

• Total Badges: 15
    50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Yes, I read page 1 thanks.. the substitution doesn't work.

I tried http://www.landservices.sa.gov.au/ which would seem the relevant department but I find their information ambiguous. I might call them and ask.
  • Oldest find: 1921 Half Penny

Offline nat76

• Bronze

0%
    • I live in: Gippsland, Victoria
  • Likes Given: 41

• Total Badges: 19
    100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
This is fantastic information and very generous. Thanks Balf. My father in law studies these maps to assist his hunts. I will have to pay more attention in future.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: X-Terra 705, Minelab Pro-find
  • Oldest find: 1917 Aussie Penny

Offline goldnugget01

• Platinum

3.33%
    • I live in: Wide Bay Qld
  • Likes Given: 508

• Total Badges: 22
    Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Thanks for this link, I used something similar years ago but this one will suit my needs for the moment in relation to a matter down south. 

I didnt have to register to do what I needed to do and if you click on the 'build map' it allows you to overlay a multitude of extra stuff like contours, actual road/track positions (not as they are in the titles office plans (click centrline road)) as well as waterways which includes dry gullies. 

It all helps when you need to identify an area once you are there.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: ML Explorer SE - std DD coil & ML x-terra 70. Coils: std concentric, 10x5 18.75DD, 15" 18.75DD
  • Oldest find: 1912 threepence...make that an 1899 Penny..make that an 1861? German 4 Pfennige. A suss looking (but confirmed) 1830-1837 half crown
Every day is 'Clean Up Australia Day' when you go detecting.

Offline dingo991

• Iron

0%
    • I live in: Ringwood North Vic

• Total Badges: 9
    First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Hi BALF,
 Many thanks for the info on the Parish maps. I had a little bit of trouble getting them to open but after a bit of persistence it paid off.
I had a PDF reader but that didn't seem to be enough so I downloaded the Adobe reader and when I went to open the map I clicked on open with a different viewer and clicked on Adobe reader which wasn't there before. It previously had the only option as "open with PDF 7" which didn't work.
It felt like Christmas when it finally worked!
Now it's just a case of studying the maps and working out where things are in relation to where they were.
 You're a legend.
Cheers
Rob
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Garrett AT Pro, Pro pointer
  • Oldest find: 1875 Shilling

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Likes Given: 682

• Total Badges: 50
    Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn 15000 Posts
Balf popped up on May 30th but we hadn't heard from him for a long time before that. Good to see the Post was of some help.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

Offline uncle sausage

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Tyabb Vic
  • Likes Given: 12

• Total Badges: 12
    10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Hi Guys,
i have been trying to navigate to the parish maps on the site the original post in this thread links to but just cant seem to find them, i assume the linked site would have been updated since the original post, does anyone know how to navagate to the parish maps in the present day?
kind regards,
Steve.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: x-terra 705

Offline hatch

• Platinum

6.67%
    • I live in: Melbroune (182 km) from Beaufort vic 3373.
  • Likes Given: 367

• Total Badges: 37
    Sixth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Hi mate cant say I ever used it but this months Australia Gold Gem& Treasure has a good read in it about parish maps,
take a read and it just might help good luck mate ;)
                       cheers hatch :)
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Xterra 305,705,Garrett pro-pointer AT.
  • Oldest find: 4x1797 Cartwheel pennies./1799 Farthing,
IF IN DOUBT DIG IT OUT!

Offline uncle sausage

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Tyabb Vic
  • Likes Given: 12

• Total Badges: 12
    10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
G,day Hatch,
thanks, i have this months issue and read the related article it is a good read and informative but it seems to only apply to NSW to get to t he maps.
Thanks for the reply all the same,
regards,
Steve.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: x-terra 705

Offline hatch

• Platinum

6.67%
    • I live in: Melbroune (182 km) from Beaufort vic 3373.
  • Likes Given: 367

• Total Badges: 37
    Sixth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
No sweat mate ;)
           hatch :)
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Xterra 305,705,Garrett pro-pointer AT.
  • Oldest find: 4x1797 Cartwheel pennies./1799 Farthing,
IF IN DOUBT DIG IT OUT!

Offline BURPSAYSTHEKING

• Iron

0%
    • I live in: sa

• Total Badges: 7
    First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2014, 09:53 »
Has anyone had any luck finding a south aussie version.?
  • Detector(s) owned/used: cheapo from china.
  • Oldest find: 1896 one penny

Offline pol

• Iron

0%
    • I live in: Out Bush

• Total Badges: 3
    First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2015, 19:15 »
Hi Balf and all, I used to use this site a lot years ago to help me navigate area's of interest. It has been some time since I have used this site and have been having some trouble, upon finding the initial post by Balf and following his instructions I have found that the site has been changed. Is anyone using this site and how do you now use the site. TIA
  • Detector(s) owned/used: x-terra 705/GPX 4500
  • Oldest find: 1868

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam
anything