* Share it Around

Author Topic:  Garrett AT MAX & CSI Pro outings.  (Read 11897 times)

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

• Fill this by Posting :)
    63.33%
    • I live in: Tropical North Qld. Australia
  • Likes Given: 96

• Total Badges: 24
    Badges: (View All)
    Sixth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Garrett AT MAX & CSI Pro outings.
« on: September 11, 2012, 08:43 »
A  8)  Xmas special, 1 of only 3...........exclaimed !!!.......... not to exist ::)..............by "My most excitable Fan"  :P :-* :P wfoursix......apparently... I'm always on his mind. ;D.......bless him :D

Opening the boxes. :)..............it came double boxed.

Full content.  :) :) :)

Instructional video.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAk-O3yd7Dk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAk-O3yd7Dk</a>

ivanll
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 18:52 by ivanll »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Whats suitable for me to do the job!

Offline Sweepndig

• Silver
  • One More Step!

0%
    • I live in: Brisbane (Qld)
    • Youtube's channel
  • Likes Given: 12

500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Re: Garrett CSI Pro
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 12:44 »
Wonder what the difference between this detector and the AT Pro versions they look alike except for the faceplate which I noticed was different,are these machines dedicated to just certain metals or what.anyway interesting video.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: CTX 3030,Garrett AT Pro international,BH T4
  • Oldest find: Pastry cutter from the early 1800's
One crowded hour of glorious life
Is worth an age without a name."
Thomas Osbert Mordaunt(1730-1809)

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

63.33%

Sixth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 14:57 »
Main difference is the areas of audio classification.

ivanll
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 16:18 by ivanll »

tonyw

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 17:22 »
I had a play with the international and the 1st thing i didnt like was the high tone coming in too early, then again i am used to the AT Pro. I notice on the CSI its sounds are mapped similar to the AT Pro.

Same machine different clothes   ;)

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

63.33%

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 15:27 »
Quick beach session this morning.....light rain.

ivanll
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 16:36 by ivanll »

alimo88

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 16:03 »
this guy knows his stuff

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

63.33%

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 19:55 »
To some they look the same, :) but they do not sound the same.

Previously found small items.....now serve as test items.
All items can be detected when placed on the ground with a CSI-Pro.....but they can also be detected with the AT-Pro International and an AT-Gold.

Wanted to go for another spin early this morning but it was raining so I stayed horizontal for a bit longer.

ivanll
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 18:54 by ivanll »

Offline steadyon

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Qld
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 17
    Fifth year Anniversary 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 22:09 »
Hello  ivanll
Did you test  the atpro and at gold on those items with the smaller coil as on the CSI or did they have their standard coil on when testing ??

regards steadyon
  • Detector(s) owned/used: OWN - GP3500, Explorer XS, Sov GT, Fisher F5, pro pointer, Whites IDX PRO, Gold Bug Pro
  • Oldest find: gold nuggets

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

63.33%

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2013, 16:14 »
Hello  ivanll
Did you test  the atpro and at gold on those items with the smaller coil as on the CSI or did they have their standard coil on when testing ??

regards steadyon

Original DD coils as supplied by Garrett.

Offline steadyon

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Qld

Fifth year Anniversary 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2013, 21:22 »

Thanks for that info ivanll
  • Detector(s) owned/used: OWN - GP3500, Explorer XS, Sov GT, Fisher F5, pro pointer, Whites IDX PRO, Gold Bug Pro
  • Oldest find: gold nuggets

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

63.33%

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2013, 11:53 »
NEL Hunter got acquainted with my AT CSI Pro last week on a beach hunt...........what can I say, but ........stay away   ::)  far away :D ;D

from NeL that is .....unless you want an edge. :D

The other NEL Hunter is on a X-Terra 705  ;)

ivanll
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 18:58 by ivanll »

Offline gadgetman45

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Bibra Lake WA
  • Likes Given: 4

50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2013, 19:34 »
Hi, just read your post on CSI Pro, was wondering if you thought it was better than the AT Pro & is it worth the extra $$$, in hindsight would you still have bought the CSI Pro??
  • Detector(s) owned/used: white 600d, garrett a2b, Pro Pointer, Seahunter mk2, CTX 3030,
  • Oldest find: Decimal coins
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of value.

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

63.33%

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2013, 10:46 »
Hi, just read your post on CSI Pro, was wondering if you thought it was better than the AT Pro & is it worth the extra $$$, in hindsight would you still have bought the CSI Pro??

???..... is this a trick question  ? ?

ivanll
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 14:43 by ivanll »

LazyTrommel

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2013, 12:01 »

It's an AT Pro, with its faceplate changed, It ships with a pin pointer which accounts for the difference in price..

Offline woofy-5

• Bronze

0%
    • I live in: loganholme
  • Likes Given: 5

• Total Badges: 20
    100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2013, 13:36 »
Hi looks like the CSI only has two search modes dose it have pro and standard modes  or only one as well as custom and all metal thanks Shane :o
woofy-5

LazyTrommel

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2013, 13:48 »
I would say you're correct

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

63.33%

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2013, 14:58 »
CSI-Pro is for those that do Not need the AT-Pro and AT-Pro-International "STD" and "Coin" Modes  and can best do without.
It's  All Pro all the time and truly International......... made for "AT" condition both over there or over here even the depth scale is in both cm and inches.

Hook it up to a pair of Killer B "Wasp" Headphones and experience some nifty audio magic..... all in Pro Mode when hunting for small native gold pickers or tiny jewellery........a combination that can only truly be appreciated by the user.

Another thing was the price "Super-Special" and free USPS Priority mail International................ .. to tell would make you  :'(
 ;D

ivanll

There is a link to a instruction video up the first post..........they just don't show all. ;)

Offline chrisg

• Bronze

0%
    • I live in: Woomboohbera

100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2013, 16:46 »
What's the big square bag in the OP?
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Tesoro Outlaw, Garrett AT Pro U.S.

LazyTrommel

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2013, 16:51 »
carry bag for the detector, if you watch the vid you'll see it.

Offline woofy-5

• Bronze

0%
    • I live in: loganholme
  • Likes Given: 5

• Total Badges: 20
    100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2013, 19:20 »
Thanks for that ivanll now i understand when i had my pro i used to hunt in pro mode all the time thanks Shane ;)
woofy-5

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

63.33%

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2013, 22:34 »
When you see a good deal, do not be indecisive and dwell......... go for it.

I did ask the "you know who" dealer advertising Garret Xmas specials in Oz at the time if he had anything on the CSI Pro......as usual he did not as it was not sold in Australia and so there was no specials to be had..........not entirely true as it was on a Garrett Australia web page.........anyway.......... 20 min and a cup of coffee later I had the very first CSI-Pro special, one of 3 advertised on ebay......as for my best mate the "you know who" dealer, he still have trouble with the truth and like to display his colourful/profane language whenever he phones..........it's like a confession "bless him" again.  :)

No wonder some Importers and dealers take offence to we who can manage and mind our own business.

ivanll
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 19:01 by ivanll »

LazyTrommel

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2013, 22:46 »
If they keep shipping them, I'll keep buying overseas..  Even with the exchange rate in the toilet its still cheaper..

Offline chrisg

• Bronze

0%
    • I live in: Woomboohbera

100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2013, 09:25 »
I import and retail products here in Oz, and I'm not cheaper than US sellers, mainly due to shipping and import duties. I certainly don't cry about it though, it's just reality.

The problem isn't people buying overseas to save money and robbing the local sellers of a sale, it's manufacturers not selling to the local sellers cheap enough so they can be price competitive with the overseas sellers.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Tesoro Outlaw, Garrett AT Pro U.S.

Offline gadgetman45

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Bibra Lake WA
  • Likes Given: 4

50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2013, 21:48 »
No IvanII, It's not a trick question, are you really that thick, & don't understand  the question or or are you just pretending to be, so you don't have to answer.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: white 600d, garrett a2b, Pro Pointer, Seahunter mk2, CTX 3030,
  • Oldest find: Decimal coins
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of value.

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

63.33%

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2013, 11:17 »
No IvanII, It's not a trick question, are you really that thick, & don't understand  the question or or are you just pretending to be, so you don't have to answer.

Derek,

It certainly look like a trick question considering the answers to both your 1st. and 2th. post on this forum can all be found in above thread.

As for being thick, my  guess is you refer to the person that keep asking questions on the Forum that cannot or will not provide a decent answer to your questions, except perhaps give a link leading nowhere.

But you are right..........I do not have to answer............ I do so out of common courtesy.

With regards to NEL coils........I would suggest you enquire with the persons that use them rather than the one's that do not........the coils are mentioned on thread above, plus several other places and on the following link.

http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php/topic,17344.0.html

ivanll

« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 16:23 by ivanll »

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam
anything