* Share it Around

Author Topic:  Garrett CSI Pro  (Read 11182 times)

Offline gadgetman45

• Copper

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
    • I live in: Bibra Lake WA
  • Likes Given: 4

• Total Badges: 17
    Badges: (View All)
    50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Re: Garrett CSI Pro
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2013, 19:04 »
IvanII, sorry for my hissy fit, anyway, I thought the idea of a forum was, for the sharing of knowledge & ideas & to help those less fortunate than ourselves, if that's not the case then why bother with a forum, people certainly aren't really interested in other members bragging, also I am still non the wiser of whether given the circumstances, & you were choosing between a CSI Pro & a AT Pro, which one you would choose, although  it's really immaterial now, I couldn't get an answer anywhere so I chose the safest route & bought an AT Pro
  • Detector(s) owned/used: white 600d, garrett a2b, Pro Pointer, Seahunter mk2, CTX 3030,
  • Oldest find: Decimal coins
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of value.

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Likes Given: 632

• Total Badges: 50
    Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn 15000 Posts
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2013, 19:31 »
Not really a good idea calling other members thick if you want help in the future.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

60%
    • I live in: Tropical North Qld. Australia
  • Likes Given: 80

• Total Badges: 24
    Sixth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2013, 14:00 »
IvanII, sorry for my hissy fit, anyway, I thought the idea of a forum was, for the sharing of knowledge & ideas & to help those less fortunate than ourselves, if that's not the case then why bother with a forum, people certainly aren't really interested in other members bragging, also I am still non the wiser of whether given the circumstances, & you were choosing between a CSI Pro & a AT Pro, which one you would choose, although  it's really immaterial now, I couldn't get an answer anywhere so I chose the safest route & bought an AT Pro

Why bother joining a Forum ?? indeed..........well everyone have their own reason.

Members that make finds have bragging rights, it gives a forum flavour and is obviously good for free advertising as it gets the attention of those who find it interesting and want to try.

Yes a forum is a place for exchanging ideas and sharing unfortunately some people see it as their right to acquire free information
 and if they don't have it their own way . . . . . . . . . . .attitude!!! 
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z198/ivanll/OnlyThePretentiousHideBehindPhonyNames.jpg

Garrett's AT-Pro is a fine detector that can serve you well. . . . . best of luck.

Hi, just read your post on CSI Pro, was wondering if you thought it was better than the AT Pro & is it worth the extra $$$, in hindsight would you still have bought the CSI Pro??

One more time. . . . . . . . 

A1 _ I find the CSI-Pro more convenient to use than an AT-Pro and to me it's definitely much better suited for Australian conditions than the AT-Pro International.

A2 _ Is it worth the extra $$$..........As shown earlier in this thread the CSI-Pro with Accessories was at a price not likely to be repeated......I purchased the first of three quick smart without hesitation.

A3 _ There is no hindsight..........I'm not changing back!

ivanll
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Whats suitable for me to do the job!

LazyTrommel

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2013, 14:16 »
I've asked you questions in the past ivanll..  I've always been satisfied with the answers you've given..

I guess some information seekers are just (greedy)

Offline lazyaussie

• Platinum

10%
    • I live in: Clunes Vic
  • Likes Given: 1127

• Total Badges: 32
    Eighth year Anniversary 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2013, 19:22 »
That's one of the most straight forward answers I've seen you post ivanll  :P ;D ;D, I quite enjoy your often cryptic & some times photographic answers so keep em coming  ;D ;D.
lazy
  • Detector(s) owned/used: garrett AT pro, garrett ace 250, garrett pro pointer, garrett sea hunter, whites dual field,
  • Oldest find: 1797 cartwheel penny x 2
pirate monkeys do it in the sea

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

60%

Sixth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2013, 14:44 »
H2O-Audio, waterproof sport headphones.

All I need for convenient land/beach/waterhunting with my CSI-Pro.

ivanll
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 09:16 by ivanll »

Offline goldnugget01

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: Wide Bay Qld
  • Likes Given: 494

• Total Badges: 22
    Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2013, 18:02 »
Waterproof to 10 ft....that'd just about do me (if looking at a waterproof unit)..... not that good at holding my breath underwater for long anyway and excessive moisture  tends to make it hard to light a ciggy ;D

Quick Q..... are CSI pro/AT coils compatible?  I see NEL has AT but no mention of CSI.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: ML Explorer SE - std DD coil & ML x-terra 70. Coils: std concentric, 10x5 18.75DD, 15" 18.75DD
  • Oldest find: 1912 threepence...make that an 1899 Penny..make that an 1861? German 4 Pfennige. A suss looking (but confirmed) 1830-1837 half crown
Every day is 'Clean Up Australia Day' when you go detecting.

Offline chrisg

• Bronze

0%
    • I live in: Woomboohbera
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 17
    100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2013, 21:51 »
Same connector and same machine underneath would lead me to put $100 on yes.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Tesoro Outlaw, Garrett AT Pro U.S.

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

60%

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2013, 22:02 »
Quick Q..... are CSI pro/AT coils compatible?  I see NEL has AT but no mention of CSI.

Same operating frequency same coils.

ivanll

Offline goldnugget01

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: Wide Bay Qld
  • Likes Given: 494

• Total Badges: 22
    Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2013, 05:44 »
Cool thanks guys....I noticed also a CSI 250...would I be correct in saying that this is just the ACE 250 with a more marketable name?  At U$280 with headphones and bag for the 250 and under $1000 for the CSIpro with headphones, pinpointer and bag (from Garrett website) it sounds very reasonable.

• Detector(s) owned/used: ML Explorer SE - std DD coil & ML x-terra 70. Coils: std concentric, 10x5 18.75DD, 15" 18.75DD
  • Oldest find: 1912 threepence...make that an 1899 Penny..make that an 1861? German 4 Pfennige. A suss looking (but confirmed) 1830-1837 half crown
Every day is 'Clean Up Australia Day' when you go detecting.

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

60%

« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2013, 21:22 »
A quick spin with the CSI-Pro + NEL Hunter............it can handle the salt water.

Pics. from Contour Roam2 action cam.

ivanll

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

60%

« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2013, 10:35 »
How exceptional it is to use a detector that have not been fiddeled, interfered or othervise modified to work with/under "Australian condition".

This one gets around like a Wonga Pigeon.....works in a park, on an ocean beach or an Oz gold field...........depth reading in inch. and cm.

CSI Pro..... All Terrain.....what more is there to say.  :)

ivanll

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

60%

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2016, 16:37 »
CSI Pro on a beach after a good deal of sand movement.