* Share it Around

Author Topic:  Infinium LS outing.  (Read 5302 times)

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

• Fill this by Posting :)
    63.33%
    • I live in: Tropical North Qld. Australia
  • Likes Given: 96

• Total Badges: 24
    Badges: (View All)
    Sixth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Infinium LS outing.
« on: September 09, 2013, 14:43 »
Had a couple of splendid days on a beach using an Infinium LS in the a/noons.

Both the Ezy scoop and I got our workout. :P

Video link from photobucket, no longer available.

Perhaps there will be some ATX competition in the future............until then, get what you can leave nothing behind.  ;D

ivanll
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 21:43 by ivanll »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Whats suitable for me to do the job!

Offline raymondj

• Gold
  • Note to self-take battery off charger and bring

0%
    • I live in: South Coast NSW
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 18
    500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Re: Infinium LS outing.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 15:13 »
..some interesting finds there Ivan...nice ring there also...929????
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Own now: Garrett Infinium... AT Gold with a NEL Hunter coil...AT Pro International for the missus...Minelab GP3000 and Garrett Pro-Pointers.
  • Oldest find: 1757 George II Farthing
...its better to have it and not need it.... then to need it and not have it...

Offline goldnugget01

• Platinum

3.33%
    • I live in: Wide Bay Qld
  • Likes Given: 508

• Total Badges: 22
    Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 16:10 »
Looks gold to me (could be the light though), good couple of days Ivanll.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: ML Explorer SE - std DD coil & ML x-terra 70. Coils: std concentric, 10x5 18.75DD, 15" 18.75DD
  • Oldest find: 1912 threepence...make that an 1899 Penny..make that an 1861? German 4 Pfennige. A suss looking (but confirmed) 1830-1837 half crown
Every day is 'Clean Up Australia Day' when you go detecting.

Offline darkshaun

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Qld Bundaberg

• Total Badges: 12
    10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 14:21 »
I have the same set up now i just got an infinium and have an ezi scoop  ;D
Any advice?
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Xterra 305/ Garrett infinium

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

63.33%

Sixth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 15:30 »
I have the same set up now i just got an infinium and have an ezi scoop  ;D
Any advice?

Familiarize yourself with the Infinium LS as much as possible and it become dead easy to set up and use. 

ivanll

Garrett setup demo video training.
http://www.garrettaustralia.com.au/videos-infinium-land-sea/

« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 12:13 by ivanll »

Offline Adrian ss

• Gold

90%
    • I live in: Canberra
  • Likes Given: 1

• Total Badges: 20
    Sixth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 00:06 »
Interesting video. To bad a lot of the information is misleading and in some instances wrong.

1. Gold gives a low/hi tone....Wrong.
SMALL gold nuggs below 6 to 8g generally give a Hi/Lo tone But can change to Lo/Hi in high iron mineral. and depending on the nature of the nugg.     
     Large gold is almost always lo/hi no matter what the mineralisation status.
All gold nuggs give a HI/Lo (when audible)tone in Reverse Disc.

2. Grass effects the infinium tones ????
NO!
3. If the coil cable is loose false signals will occure as the detector sweeps.
NO.. unless there is a cable shielding fault or the cable is moving in very close proximity to the coil.

4, You will miss gold if you use the reverse discrimination.
NO. IF YOU USE THE REV DISC CORRECTLY when checking a target to be gold or not the worst that will happen is that you will dig some iron now and again.
However if you use any discrimination past setting 1 WHILE SEARCHING, then yes you can and will miss small gold of 1g and lower.
I have never experienced false signals being caused by dirt,grit, red sand or beach sand being trapped in the coil cover.
The Finny Pretty much sees straight through that stuff.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 00:18 by Adrian ss »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Sea Hunter MK II, Safari, SDC 2300, 6000DI SL ,BHID,ML Stirling,GS 15000, Sov XS, Lobo ST, relic M 7,Fisher 553D & 555D,CX4PI,Infinium,Spectrum XLT.6000D,6000DI S 3, Gold Spear, Scorpion, CXII & CXIII,Pro Scan,Some Home Built VLFs & PIs and some others.
  • Oldest find: 1797 Cartwheel penny

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

63.33%

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 09:10 »
Interesting video. To bad a lot of the information is misleading and in some instances wrong.

1. Gold gives a low/hi tone....Wrong.
SMALL gold nuggs below 6 to 8g generally give a Hi/Lo tone But can change to Lo/Hi in high iron mineral. and depending on the nature of the nugg.     
     Large gold is almost always lo/hi no matter what the mineralisation status.
All gold nuggs give a HI/Lo (when audible)tone in Reverse Disc.

2. Grass effects the infinium tones ????
NO!
3. If the coil cable is loose false signals will occure as the detector sweeps.
NO.. unless there is a cable shielding fault or the cable is moving in very close proximity to the coil.

4, You will miss gold if you use the reverse discrimination.
NO. IF YOU USE THE REV DISC CORRECTLY when checking a target to be gold or not the worst that will happen is that you will dig some iron now and again.
However if you use any discrimination past setting 1 WHILE SEARCHING, then yes you can and will miss small gold of 1g and lower.
I have never experienced false signals being caused by dirt,grit, red sand or beach sand being trapped in the coil cover.
The Finny Pretty much sees straight through that stuff.

Importers and dealers seem to have a different understanding on how to use and promote detecting equipment.

ivanll

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

63.33%

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 12:06 »
My 10.sec Infinium LS  Auto Setup..........the video tell the story............ you see it here first.

Video link no longer available.... Look at the top picture below and work it out ... dead easy ... or just ask.

Video recorded with Contour Roam2........Headphones by DetectorPro...........with above video setup it give (to my hearing) a perfect low audio threshold that don't miss the ripple of a whisper from a deep target or that of a small gold picker or ear lobe sleeper.

ivanll

« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 21:51 by ivanll »

Offline Redfin

• Iron

0%
    • I live in: Keysborough, Victoria

• Total Badges: 7
    First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2013, 19:21 »
Nice Vid, a tad blurry.
The other one with the ring was very clear.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Garrett ADS Groundhog, Infinium LS, GPX 5000

tonyw

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2013, 19:27 »
Ivan are using the Contour on the headphones for both clips, or have you used 2 different cameras on the clips?

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

63.33%

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2013, 13:12 »
All video recording with Contour Roam2 on DetectorPro Headphones, they are sensitive enough to hear a clear audio threshold at a  "my preferred"  very low setting.

Video link from photobucket is no longer available.

ivanll
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 21:54 by ivanll »

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

63.33%

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2013, 12:29 »
Nice Vid, a tad blurry.
The other one with the ring was very clear.

There is always room for improvement, but.............. this is the only Australian forum/location with an original direct link to this video info.  ;)

ivanll

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

63.33%

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2013, 09:39 »
More.........Infinium LS .........Myth Busters !  

Infinium LS can detect small gold chains ..... ask your Garrett dealer for a demo.

You see & hear it here first !  :)

Had to reconnect link to  storage server......... Video links below no longer available at photobucket.

ivanll
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 21:57 by ivanll »

Offline raymondj

• Gold

0%

500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2013, 10:05 »
...it seems very sensitive to small gold with the DD...not bad for a PI.. I just bought the 14 X 10 mono for mine... how do you rank this coil Ivan?
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Own now: Garrett Infinium... AT Gold with a NEL Hunter coil...AT Pro International for the missus...Minelab GP3000 and Garrett Pro-Pointers.

Offline Adrian ss

• Gold

90%

Sixth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2013, 10:49 »
My Infinium will find some fairly light weight  sil and white gold chain easily but yellow gold not so easily.
The smallest 18 k yellow gold chain I have is about 5 in long and 3.6g but no signal from my Finny with any coil.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Sea Hunter MK II, Safari, SDC 2300, 6000DI SL ,BHID,ML Stirling,GS 15000, Sov XS, Lobo ST, relic M 7,Fisher 553D & 555D,CX4PI,Infinium,Spectrum XLT.6000D,6000DI S 3, Gold Spear, Scorpion, CXII & CXIII,Pro Scan,Some Home Built VLFs & PIs and some others.

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

63.33%

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2013, 16:05 »
...it seems very sensitive to small gold with the DD...not bad for a PI.. I just bought the 14 X 10 mono for mine... how do you rank this coil Ivan?

Excellent at open level places even on smallish items, as can be seen in picture.

ivanll
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 21:58 by ivanll »

Offline raymondj

• Gold

0%

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2013, 20:44 »
...nice..thanks for that Ivan

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

63.33%

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2016, 15:12 »
Quick hunt on a beach that didn't look that promising, but it was low tide so with an ATX DD coil on the Infinium LS it got a going over just the same.
Conclusion, it could be worth checking this beach out again.

ivanll

Offline Adrian ss

• Gold

90%

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2016, 08:40 »
Hi Ivanll.
I still have not tried any of the ATX coils on my Infinium but am wondering if you have used an SDC 2300 on the beach and how it compares to the ATX  on small gold chains.
I have recently tried the 2300 on a beach and have been fairly impressed with the small target response from this tecta.

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

63.33%

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2016, 13:45 »
Compared ATX with SDC 2300 some years back, for my areas and specific use ATX won out.

Never saw the need to post my test result between the two detectors.

1: If the findings had been shared on an open forum it would likely have created heated opinion and an abundance of posts that have no substance and lead nowhere.

2: I got what I wanted from doing the comparison, so all is sweet.

ivanll

Offline Adrian ss

• Gold

90%

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2016, 17:33 »
Yeah the fireworks start to fly whenever a comparison is made between a Garrett PI and the Minelabs.
This vid is interesting.
#Invalid YouTube Link#&app=desktop
So far I am impressed with the SDC2300 so I will reserve my opinion until I have got a bit more exp with the it.
I have a couple of gold chains here that produce very iffy  response from the SDC.
one 18k 3.2g 18cm curb link chain.
One 14k  7.7g  48cm box chain.
Yet this detector responds quite well to a 0.05g gold nugg (at the surface of the coil) 
Chains can be very difficult to detect especially in an air test.I get better response to chains when they are  resting in/on the wet beach sand.

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

63.33%

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2016, 14:20 »
Infinium LS is not bad on small gold chains, but one better not be in a hurry, also not using GB on beaches is a feature both the Infinium and ATX share, as the chap in the video discovered by watching other users techniques and videos.  ;)

ivanll

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

63.33%

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2017, 22:21 »
Test on gold chain between SDC and ATX on a wet beach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVRUtDeWED8

At the beginning it says the ATX coil is larger than the SDCs, which is true but ATX coil is a DD coil and SDC is a mono coil and many say that mono coils are more sensitive and go deeper than DD coils, so go figure, anyway there is for and against, I just use what I got.

I am very pleased with the ATX and original DD coil, if/when I need a little extra out of the ATX then the Infinium LS 10x5"DD or the 7x3"dd coil is attached.

ivanll

Offline Oceandog

• Bronze

100%
    • I live in: Frankston
  • Likes Given: 231

• Total Badges: 13
    Rising Sun Comm Penny Sixpence Pre-Dec Full House in a Day Wheat Three Pence 100 Posts 50 Posts Rams Head Shilling Commonwealth Halfpenny Roo Penny Florin 10 Posts
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2017, 06:56 »
Hi Guys a couple of quick questions.
Is the Infinium any good in the water ie fully submerged and is it available in Australia. There was a description of it on the Garrett Australia web site but it wasnt listed in the detectors for sale page.
thanks
  • Detector(s) owned/used: CTX3030, Gofind 40, Profind 25, Garrett pro pointer II.
  • Oldest find: 1748 Russian half kopek coin
Wish list:
Rising Sun Badge  ;D
Gold Sovereign
Gold 1/2 Sovereign
Cartwheel penny
Any Cricket Buckle...please
Chinese coins

Favourite Finds;
1966 Round 50c Australian
1835 East India Company 1/2 anna
1835 East India Company 1/4 anna
1902 Rising Sun Badge

Offline flcooper1

• Silver

43.33%
    • I live in: Forrestfield, Western Australia
  • Likes Given: 412

• Total Badges: 22
    Second year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2017, 10:30 »
I have seen them for sale in Perth.
They are waterproof like the Sea Hunter, which is to say further than we will ever get.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: SD 2100, GPX 4000, X-Terra 705, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Deteknix Diver, Garrett Sea Hunter Mk2, XP Deus, Garrett ATX
  • Oldest find: 1873 Vicky Shilling

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam
anything