* Share it Around

Author Topic:  vaquero strikes again  (Read 2588 times)

Offline emubob

• Bronze

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
    • I live in: cairns queensland
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 18
    Badges: (View All)
    100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
vaquero strikes again
« on: November 01, 2013, 11:19 »
this morning in a street close to home,with the vaquero and the 5.75 concentric coil.$17.65,between the curb and pathway,plus a 1956 penny,a 1916 penny,a 1953 shilling and a 1956 shilling.the two single shillings were about 2 metres apart. people walking past must have thought i'd lost the plot sitting in the gutter laughing when I found the second one.blowfly
  • Detector(s) owned/used: vaquero,silver umax,silver sabre,

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Likes Given: 682

• Total Badges: 50
    Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn 15000 Posts
Re: vaquero strikes again
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 12:22 »
Good job blowfly, was it a grassed path or just dirt now ?
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

Online lex utopia

• Silver

3.33%
  • Likes Given: 57

• Total Badges: 20
    Fifth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 12:23 »
What do you mean thinking that you had lost the plot :( Your from QLD and us Mexicans know that all you banana benders have lost the plot ;) ;)   Lex ....   Good pick up just the same

Offline emubob

• Bronze

0%

100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 14:13 »
gi day rwork,was a grass strip between the curb and the footpath.i usually walk the curb first with the coil.then come back along the edge of the footpath before searching the center strip.i have found people getting out of cars some times lose coins when making for the parking meters,especially if it's raining.they tend to not stop and pick up dropped coins.the same thing happens along the edge of footpaths,coins roll just off the edge and ofcourse it helps if the person has had one too many.blowfly

Offline emubob

• Bronze

0%

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 09:49 »
I got to thinking about finding pre-decimal coins last night and from memory the only detector I have ever found them with is the vaquero.the only other detector that found an 1862 penny once was the e trac.got to be the frequency.blowfly

Offline Looking Man

• Silver

0%
  • Likes Given: 6

• Total Badges: 22
    Sixth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Interesting
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 20:50 »
Do you think the difference between target separation is anything significant, between the 5.75 concentric and the 5.75 DD? Curbs are fairly small areas, maybe that extra target separation might be worth it?

I have the 5.75 Compadre, might cut it and put it on the Golden one day.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Numerous detectors in the past and present.
  • Oldest find: Rocks.

Offline Boot Tack

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: CQ
  • Likes Given: 284

• Total Badges: 21
    1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 21:14 »
That laughing feeling I can relate to, very nice read 8), if you get the chance I would love some pics, just something about pre-decs ;D, I give all the ones I find to my Grand daughter Tilly, even at 20mths she knows all about them and grabs them out of my hand and heads to her growing collection ;D.

• Detector(s) owned/used: CTX 3030 and most Minelab detectors
  • Oldest find: 1852 Penny

Offline ohb1

• Platinum

40%
    • I live in: Sunshine Coast
  • Likes Given: 454

• Total Badges: 36
    Seventh year Anniversary Florin Rams Head Shilling Sixpence Wheat Three Pence Round 50 Cents 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2013, 06:27 »
I got to thinking about finding pre-decimal coins last night and from memory the only detector I have ever found them with is the vaquero.the only other detector that found an 1862 penny once was the e trac.got to be the frequency.blowfly

Much like the Cibola me thinks..."silver snoopers"...still can't match my friends Cibola..possibly not so much the frequency as the "hot" technology in the newer models (whatever HOT stands for)...well done on the smaller coil...must try it someday

ohb1
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Tesoro Laser B1; Tesoro Cortes; Tesoro Sand Shark, Minelab 3030; Garrett Pro Pointer
  • Oldest find: George IV shilling 1825-1829
swing..sweet silver succumbs.... sorrow,scratched, still, sentimental... smile, satisfied,... search, somewhere, sometime, silver

Offline Count Pierre

• Platinum

3.33%
    • I live in: Queensland
  • Likes Given: 348

• Total Badges: 34
    Sixth year Anniversary 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2013, 13:08 »
For me, the  Vaquero is the best "Cherry Picker" I've had.

It's my "go to" detector for parks.

Light, with Spot-on pinpointing with the 13" Detech Ultimate Coil..........works for me! :)

CP
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Whites DFX + 5 Coils (retired)- Currently, ML Safari with RNB Battery,Whites MX5
  • Oldest find: 1817 George 3 Shilling
If I can't handle it, I'll go & have a few beers, or a red wine....or both.... & go from there!

Offline trevorpickettau

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: Victoria Melbourne
    • Yarraville West Weather
    • Youtube's channel
  • Likes Given: 933

• Total Badges: 43
    Fifth year Anniversary Coin of the year Coin Of the Month Winner Nugget Under 1 Ounce The TON Round 50 Cents Sixpence Rams Head Shilling Comm Penny Roo Penny Rising Sun Wheat Three Pence
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2013, 17:54 »
i sleep with mine and we are planning our honeymoon soon somewhere ;D
  • Detector(s) owned/used: compass yukon,Garrett ace 250 and 350 and AT Pro, Gold bug 2, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark, Tesoro Lobo Supertrac, Tesoro Tejon,Tesoro Cortes Minelab Gpx 4000 Minelab E trac

tonyw

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2013, 18:51 »
i sleep with mine and we are planning our honeymoon soon somewhere ;D

You will sleep with anything that will have you ::)

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam
anything