* Share it Around

Author Topic:  Wedderburn Detector token hunt 2014  (Read 29709 times)

Offline lex utopia

• Silver

• Fill this by Posting :)
    3.33%
  • Likes Given: 57

• Total Badges: 20
    Badges: (View All)
    Fifth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Re: Wedderburn Detector token hunt 2014
« Reply #150 on: March 10, 2014, 09:43 »
Oh Oh  the bloke on the downside of me that I blamed for the snoring was ringing home and telling whoever was on the other end about the snoring kept saying that it wasn't him ..All was taken in good fun .  It was a bit warm at the end of the day and numbers a bit down but a lot of tokens found.. My best story for the weekend was my bit of a joke really Ray spoke about the young boy who spat the dummy in the kids comp.   Well later on I saw him having a trial run doing a bit of panning and I happened to have a large ( GOLD ) ?? nugget in my pocket so I slipped it into his pan .. A few seconds later he picked it out washes the wet red clay from the (NUGGET) looks at it and said very loudly this is only shit turns around 3 or 4 steps towards the dam and bang my nugget was now in the middle of the dam...I think the worst part was only 2 or three people saw it and the wouldn't know if the (nugget) was real or not.. So in the future if you hear about a 3 or 4 ounce nugget being found in the dam near the  boiler just think of me and how I laughed for the rest of the day..
I hope next year more members turn up it is good to put a face to all the names on the forum...Also good seeing Rwork being recognized for his for his efforts at the event over many years.. ;D   Lex   

Offline junker

• Platinum
  • You are not lost , if you dont care where you are

0%
    • I live in: Avoca Victoria
  • Likes Given: 3322

• Total Badges: 26
    1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #151 on: March 10, 2014, 10:02 »
What a spoilt ungratefull little brat  >:( ! what is he going to be like " if " he gets older , , lucky I didn't camp there you would have had surround sound " snoreing "  ::) .
  • Detector(s) owned/used: ExTerra 705 , GPX 5000
  • Oldest find: 1800's wax seal stamp, 1826 shilling , 1861 H/P.

Offline trevorpickettau

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: Victoria Melbourne
    • Yarraville West Weather
    • Youtube's channel
  • Likes Given: 933

• Total Badges: 43
    Fifth year Anniversary Coin of the year Coin Of the Month Winner Nugget Under 1 Ounce The TON Round 50 Cents Sixpence Rams Head Shilling Comm Penny Roo Penny Rising Sun Wheat Three Pence
« Reply #152 on: March 10, 2014, 10:50 »
I was told that at 3 am some of the locals came up from the town as they thought it was the wedderburn chain saw championships, with all the snoring that was going on

i will be camping next year, if i can sort out the air conditioning, the telly, the mini bar, and king sized bed, oh and a chair dont leave home without one lol
as for saturday night and the darkside i think what goes to wedderburn stays at wedderburn otherwise may need to take a soilicitor next year ;D

But some well deserved people had fun, more fun than the last 4 years he told me so, for that alone it was the best prize at the jambouree

The highlights were getting to see the new garret that lex was testing or was it a whites looked like a great machine
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 11:18 by trevorpickettau »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: compass yukon,Garrett ace 250 and 350 and AT Pro, Gold bug 2, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark, Tesoro Lobo Supertrac, Tesoro Tejon,Tesoro Cortes Minelab Gpx 4000 Minelab E trac

Offline Barney

• Bronze

0%
    • I live in: Wangaratta
  • Likes Given: 68

• Total Badges: 18
    Fourth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #153 on: March 10, 2014, 11:21 »
To all those undecided, make the effort next year, you won't be dissapointed. First time for me, though not sucessfull in the token department I had a blast. I still ran out of time to catch up with everyone from the Forum, those I did catch up with were all 1st class, a special thankyou to Ray for getting us newbies off to a good start your Award was well deserved. I know what happens on the trip should stay on the trip but some one should tell the story about Lex's large nugget. My advice to future newbies would be to detect slowly after a staple diet of baked beans! next year can't come quick enough.....cheers Colin.
I got the real story from Lex over the phone OL 56 ( Colin ) and to those who did not get a look at the original nugget I send in this shot --- and of other stuff ----as I got a look at it before it made it's way over to Wedderburn and yes, I did question it's authenticity but was met by an indignant look so I just let that pass  ::)

I did not get over this year as I had problems with my camper the main one being my gas fridge had clagged so looks like I may have missed a good weekend. Got the fridge going again over the weekend  :)

I see Ray was very busy ( again ) and got a well deserved reward  8)  Cheers , Barney.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 11:29 by Barney »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab 5000 - CTX 3030 - 7000
  • Oldest find: 1827 3 pence

Offline Lindt

• Iron

0%
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 7
    First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #154 on: March 10, 2014, 13:03 »
First post and the first Detector Jamboree. My seven year old (Sasha) and I had a great time. I managed to avoid the limelight by not finding a token and not getting a ticket drawn for the astonishing range of prizes. Sasha, on the other hand, found a token, won a pan and came second in the 3-7 panning! Already asking about the next time :). I caught up with a few people I knew and met many others. We'll be back.

Now working our way back to Melbourne. Stayed the night in Dunolly, found some lead out the back. Lunch in Maldon and back to work tomorrow :(

Thanks again Ray (who I only now realise is Rwork!) and everyone else.

All the best

Adrian.

Detrack

« Reply #155 on: March 10, 2014, 13:11 »
Hi Adrian

Make yourself know if you come back next year and glad you both had a good time, if only it was abit cooler.

Maldon is a nice little town and often do a day trip there, make sure you hit the lolly shops before you leave so you can try them all out on the way home :D

Offline junker

• Platinum
  • You are not lost , if you dont care where you are

0%
    • I live in: Avoca Victoria
  • Likes Given: 3322

• Total Badges: 26
    1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #156 on: March 10, 2014, 15:47 »
Oh Oh  the bloke on the downside of me that I blamed for the snoring was ringing home and telling whoever was on the other end about the snoring kept saying that it wasn't him ..All was taken in good fun .  It was a bit warm at the end of the day and numbers a bit down but a lot of tokens found.. My best story for the weekend was my bit of a joke really Ray spoke about the young boy who spat the dummy in the kids comp.   Well later on I saw him having a trial run doing a bit of panning and I happened to have a large ( GOLD ) ?? nugget in my pocket so I slipped it into his pan .. A few seconds later he picked it out washes the wet red clay from the (NUGGET) looks at it and said very loudly this is only shit turns around 3 or 4 steps towards the dam and bang my nugget was now in the middle of the dam...I think the worst part was only 2 or three people saw it and the wouldn't know if the (nugget) was real or not.. So in the future if you hear about a 3 or 4 ounce nugget being found in the dam near the  boiler just think of me and how I laughed for the rest of the day..
I hope next year more members turn up it is good to put a face to all the names on the forum...Also good seeing Rwork being recognized for his for his efforts at the event over many years.. ;D   Lex  " Lex ,  you have a 3030 , why don't you take it for a swim , supposed to be waterproof even if you are not !  ::) "
  • Detector(s) owned/used: ExTerra 705 , GPX 5000
  • Oldest find: 1800's wax seal stamp, 1826 shilling , 1861 H/P.

Offline nat76

• Bronze

0%
    • I live in: Gippsland, Victoria
  • Likes Given: 41

• Total Badges: 19
    100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #157 on: March 10, 2014, 19:19 »
Had been looking forward to this for ages and I wasn't disappointed! What a great weekend. Congrats to everyone that participated and thanks for making me feel welcome. Your a great bunch of blokes and I felt lucky to know you all from the forum. Well done with your award Ray, it was well earned you do a great job. Your a welcome face on and off the field. I was lucky enough to find one token on Saturday. Was out all day Sunday but missed out. I did However find a 'planted' 1940 Aussie penny which made my morning and a few other fun relics. No prize in the main draw but I won a wee nugget in a quiz comp! Using my phone so will try a pic but prob won't work. Have the week off to do some panning so thanks again. Oh, OL, don't be modest you found an old token. That's not easy!! And trev, did you eat your duck nuts!!! See if they can figure that one out!!
  • Detector(s) owned/used: X-Terra 705, Minelab Pro-find
  • Oldest find: 1917 Aussie Penny

Offline trevorpickettau

• Platinum

0%
    • Youtube's channel

Fifth year Anniversary Coin of the year Coin Of the Month Winner Nugget Under 1 Ounce The TON Round 50 Cents Sixpence Rams Head Shilling Comm Penny Roo Penny Rising Sun Wheat Three Pence
« Reply #158 on: March 10, 2014, 19:34 »
Thanks she sells sea shells by the seashore, glad you both had fun and well done on the prize, last one for the day and i did eat my ducks nutz they were scrummy
Hope we will see you both next year
  • Detector(s) owned/used: compass yukon,Garrett ace 250 and 350 and AT Pro, Gold bug 2, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark, Tesoro Lobo Supertrac, Tesoro Tejon,Tesoro Cortes Minelab Gpx 4000 Minelab E trac

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Likes Given: 682

• Total Badges: 50
    Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn 15000 Posts
« Reply #159 on: March 11, 2014, 16:49 »
Thanks for the kind words all. Just finished the photo disc and ended up with around 490 after a few had to be deleted.
(darkside team knows what they were)
I only get a small amount of time both mornings as i have the junior hunt on Sat. and the panning Sunday to attend. I try as hard as everyone else and usually end up with 4 for the weekend. This time i only managed 1 but at least i was in the draw with everyone else.
 I have sent an email to new member Lindt who's daughter Sasha was in the event as well.
 http://www.goldprospectingaustralia.com.au/page15.htm
I send out the discs to all the Token hunt sponsers ,Minelab,Coiltek,Gold prospecting Australia as well as Wedderburn tourism, a few clubs and the major prize winners. Always at my cost.
See you all and a few new entries next year.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 16:52 by Rwork »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

Offline shaqu

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: WAURN PONDS 3216
    • Youtube's channel
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 16
    Sixth year Anniversary 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #160 on: March 11, 2014, 21:01 »
Went to the token hunt and met up with the regulars there. Was only able to snag one token for the weekend which netted me what I always wanted --- another hat !!!! lol
Saturday night saw a few of the darkside boys do the train shuffle across the stage, but a good time had by all. Also the museum was well worth a look.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: GPX 4500/GP EXTREME / E TRAC

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%

Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn 15000 Posts
« Reply #161 on: March 11, 2014, 21:32 »
Shaqu, i think it was you that i sent a newsletter to at the Token hunt. It bounced back so maybe send new email adress via pm if it was you. See you at the token hunt next year or maybe Waanyarra. 
Kingower this weekend with Bpc.

Offline trevorpickettau

• Platinum

0%
    • Youtube's channel

« Reply #162 on: March 11, 2014, 22:49 »
That last picture is a bit sad, if you look on the shed it says that that motley crew should be on a leash

Detrack

« Reply #163 on: March 12, 2014, 09:54 »
Trev

Said the same we Bob email the photo and said I hope that does not end up on the site but there it is
Good photo's Bob . Trust you to put it up after I fixed your GPS

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%

« Reply #164 on: March 12, 2014, 19:51 »
Sent Bob all pictures. If Trev or GemQ and crew want a copy ,pm an address. Eric from the seekers got some gold onsite today.

Offline GemQ

• Platinum

56.67%
    • I live in: Melbourne
    • GEMQ1 Channel
    • Youtube's channel
  • Likes Given: 701

• Total Badges: 46
    Seventh year Anniversary Coin of the year 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #165 on: March 13, 2014, 19:44 »
Ray,

Thanks for the offer mate, but what happens at Wedderburn stays at Wedderburn 8). Can you flick through the you tube link to Robyn ?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYogpQEfAKA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYogpQEfAKA</a>
  • Detector(s) owned/used: CTX 3030 " The Weapon", GPX 4500 "The Gold Wand"
  • Oldest find: Cartwheel Penny
Enjoy the hunt, love the pre-decimals & Nuggs

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%

« Reply #166 on: March 13, 2014, 21:09 »
I have sent the link to work and will transfer it across to Nenad,Ian A ,and Robin. I didn't realise i was blocking your shot from the 3.50m mark.  ::)

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%

« Reply #167 on: March 21, 2014, 13:17 »
Nenad would have got the link but has left Minelab now.  I will make this topic Unsticky now and it will gradually disappear.

Offline ANT1967

• If it sounds crappy - still dig it... !!
  • Crew
  • Platinum

76.67%
    • I live in: Victoria for now ......
  • Likes Given: 1735

• Total Badges: 37
    Fifth year Anniversary Coin Of the Month Winner Find of the Month Winner The Gold Ring Nugget Under 1 Ounce Rising Sun The TON 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts
« Reply #168 on: March 21, 2014, 13:19 »
Nenad would have got the link but has left Minelab now.  I will make this topic Unsticky now and it will gradually disappear.

Nenad left - as in resigned ..?
  • Detector(s) owned/used: - Owned - Sovereign GT, - Own - GPX5000 & CTX3030
  • Oldest find: 1857 Gothic Florin , 1858 Holloway Token , Gold Nuggets .
Anywhere , Everywhere , Nowhere & 
Somewhere are the same place  !!

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%

« Reply #169 on: March 21, 2014, 13:27 »
Don't know the details but he has left minelab.

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam