* Share it Around

Author Topic:  eight inch donut coil?  (Read 1065 times)

Offline emubob

• Bronze

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
    • I live in: cairns queensland
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 18
    Badges: (View All)
    100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
eight inch donut coil?
« on: December 27, 2013, 10:21 »
does anybody like that coil that comes with the silver umax?i find it really difficult to pinpoint with it.i know,practice,practice,practice and i'll work it out,but having said that,i've found it easier to put on my 7"coil from my old silver sabre.i know problem solved,it just seems such a wasted coil.what are all your thoughts on this?emubob
  • Detector(s) owned/used: vaquero,silver umax,silver sabre,

Offline ohb1

• Platinum

26.67%
    • I live in: Sunshine Coast
  • Likes Given: 409

• Total Badges: 36
    Seventh year Anniversary Florin Rams Head Shilling Sixpence Wheat Three Pence Round 50 Cents 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post
Re: eight inch donut coil?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 00:02 »
I learnt the hobby using an 8" donut coil on a laser B1....The machine and coil are still working perfectly, ..I had no problems pinpointing with the centre of the coil always being spot on as far as signal and object were concerned...You are unable to "hover" above the signal with a Tesoro, but with a few quick swings across the target, the sound will always be at the centre of the coil, and hence, pinpointed...perhaps there is a problem with the coil,..especially if the 7" works OK  :-\

ohb1
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Tesoro Laser B1; Tesoro Cortes; Tesoro Sand Shark, Minelab 3030; Garrett Pro Pointer
  • Oldest find: George IV shilling 1825-1829
swing..sweet silver succumbs.... sorrow,scratched, still, sentimental... smile, satisfied,... search, somewhere, sometime, silver

Offline emubob

• Bronze

0%
    • I live in: cairns queensland
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 18
    100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 09:58 »
nah,the coils okay.i took it out this morning,found $11.50 with it searching the local footpaths.i just need more practice with it.bye emubob
  • Detector(s) owned/used: vaquero,silver umax,silver sabre,

Offline Looking Man

• Silver

0%
  • Likes Given: 6

• Total Badges: 22
    Sixth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 11:16 »
Round concentrics, no matter what size, are easy to pinpoint with. I use a 10.5", and found it just as easy to pinpoint with than my 5.75".

Like you said, you need more practice with it. I like to hover over the target with concentrics.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Numerous detectors in the past and present.
  • Oldest find: Rocks.

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam
anything