* Share it Around

Author Topic:  Tesoro Vaquero v Minelab x-terra 705  (Read 2448 times)

Offline Bingo

• Copper

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
    • I live in: Melbourne
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 13
    Badges: (View All)
    10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Tesoro Vaquero v Minelab x-terra 705
« on: April 11, 2014, 15:13 »
I currently own a Minelab x-terra 705 and have been doing a lot of park hunting.
With the 705 the signal for a gold coin comes up as the same or similar as a screw cap, although i've generally been able to tell the difference by the higher pitch with the pinpoint tone.
After doing a bit of reading I've found that the Vaquero and other Tesoro detectors have a great reputation for being a park machine with fantastic and fast discrimination.
What i haven't been able to tell is whether they can discriminate out the screw cap and leave the gold coins?
If anyone could help out with this question it'd be greatly appreciated.
Ben
  • Detector(s) owned/used: xterra 705 & excalibur 2

Offline trevorpickettau

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: Victoria Melbourne
    • Yarraville West Weather
    • Youtube's channel
  • Likes Given: 933

• Total Badges: 43
    Fifth year Anniversary Coin of the year Coin Of the Month Winner Nugget Under 1 Ounce The TON Round 50 Cents Sixpence Rams Head Shilling Comm Penny Roo Penny Rising Sun Wheat Three Pence
Re: Tesoro Vaquero v Minelab x-terra 705
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 15:19 »
They will still pick up the aluminium screw caps just like a goldie, they take out crown seals really well and sometimes still hit the odd old ring tab
  • Detector(s) owned/used: compass yukon,Garrett ace 250 and 350 and AT Pro, Gold bug 2, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark, Tesoro Lobo Supertrac, Tesoro Tejon,Tesoro Cortes Minelab Gpx 4000 Minelab E trac

Offline Bingo

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Melbourne
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 13
    10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 19:44 »
Cheers for that...I'm thinking about grabbing one.

The 705 is the only detector I've used and like the tid and depth indicator...but a lot of people rave about the tesoro's.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: xterra 705 & excalibur 2

Offline trevorpickettau

• Platinum

0%
    • Youtube's channel

Fifth year Anniversary Coin of the year Coin Of the Month Winner Nugget Under 1 Ounce The TON Round 50 Cents Sixpence Rams Head Shilling Comm Penny Roo Penny Rising Sun Wheat Three Pence
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 20:04 »
be interesting to compare the 2 ive never used a 705 but my vaquero i have got down pat we may have to meet up for a hunt one day
  • Detector(s) owned/used: compass yukon,Garrett ace 250 and 350 and AT Pro, Gold bug 2, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark, Tesoro Lobo Supertrac, Tesoro Tejon,Tesoro Cortes Minelab Gpx 4000 Minelab E trac

Offline Peter 64

• Silver

0%
  • Likes Given: 11

• Total Badges: 18
    Fourth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 18:40 »
I have the X Terra 70, the Tesoro Cibola and a few other Tesoros, a couple of them no longer available new.  I dont have the Vaquero, but if you are looking for a Tesoro to use in parks, the Cibola is a great machine....it does not have manual ground balance (the Vaquero does), so it is not as versatile as the Vaquero, but itis good in parks and most beaches.  Up to you...either way you get a good detector.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab, Fisher, Tesoro, Teknetics,Whites, Garrett
  • Oldest find: 1826 halfpenny, 1662-1722 Chinese coin.

Offline ohb1

• Platinum

26.67%
    • I live in: Sunshine Coast
  • Likes Given: 408

• Total Badges: 36
    Seventh year Anniversary Florin Rams Head Shilling Sixpence Wheat Three Pence Round 50 Cents 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 23:30 »
if you are looking for a Tesoro to use in parks, the Cibola is a great machine....it does not have manual ground balance (the Vaquero does), so it is not as versatile as the Vaquero, but itis good in parks and most beaches.

I support what Peter says...I was flat out keeping up with the Cibola on a recent 4 week detecting stint..

ohb1
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Tesoro Laser B1; Tesoro Cortes; Tesoro Sand Shark, Minelab 3030; Garrett Pro Pointer
  • Oldest find: George IV shilling 1825-1829
swing..sweet silver succumbs.... sorrow,scratched, still, sentimental... smile, satisfied,... search, somewhere, sometime, silver

Offline john24gold

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: gold coast
    • Youtube's channel
  • Likes Given: 1

• Total Badges: 22
    1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 09:46 »
The 705 is far above the low level Tesoro machines in
My opinion . If you aren't digging aluminium screw caps then u are missing good targets. It comes with the territory , they sit in good target range, on the ctx it is easy to figure which is which,  and 7 out of ten times it is a bottle cap. But if you aren't digging them them u are missing coins with other targets , silver items.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab xterra 705, Garrett ace 250 , Garrett at pro, minelab ctx3030 , whites coin master
  • Oldest find: 2000BC Bronze Age terrot ring part..
Sent from my relic display case

Offline trevorpickettau

• Platinum

0%
    • Youtube's channel

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2014, 17:36 »
I hope you have used a low level tesoro machine before making a comment like that

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam