* Share it Around

Author Topic:  Fresh Start  (Read 3360 times)

Offline tailofdog

• Gold
  • SALT + SAND

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
    • I live in: Gold Coast QLD.
  • Likes Given: 122

• Total Badges: 25
    Badges: (View All)
    500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Fresh Start
« on: July 18, 2014, 14:36 »
Lost everything in a fire! Bye Bye CTX :'(
First step is a lesche Ground  Shark and A Vibra Quatic 2 pinpointer.
Waiting on Tesoros new Cazador  but in the meantime might get
The Silver Umax 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Tesoro Silver Umax & Vibra Quatic 2 Pinpointer
  • Oldest find: 1921 6pence
WANDERING IN A FOG BUT WITH A GLIMPSE OF A GOLD COIN

Offline trevorpickettau

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: Victoria Melbourne
    • Yarraville West Weather
    • Youtube's channel
  • Likes Given: 933

• Total Badges: 43
    Fifth year Anniversary Coin of the year Coin Of the Month Winner Nugget Under 1 Ounce The TON Round 50 Cents Sixpence Rams Head Shilling Comm Penny Roo Penny Rising Sun Wheat Three Pence
Re: Fresh Start
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 15:39 »
omg what a disaster if you want to borrow a cortes for a few months let me know
  • Detector(s) owned/used: compass yukon,Garrett ace 250 and 350 and AT Pro, Gold bug 2, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark, Tesoro Lobo Supertrac, Tesoro Tejon,Tesoro Cortes Minelab Gpx 4000 Minelab E trac

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Likes Given: 633

• Total Badges: 50
    Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn 15000 Posts
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 17:08 »
I remembered in the tesoro section you had mentioned the fire about a month ago. Did the insurance people get things sorted yet?
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

Offline scratchinaround

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: a land of confusion.
  • Likes Given: 228

• Total Badges: 24
    1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 17:44 »
   :o    Bumma   T.  terrible news.   glad everyone ok. I hope you get back on your feet  soon.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: used bh discovery 33oo, ace350,m/l 305. now tesoro compadre
  • Oldest find: 1923 sa football members badge,1902/5/6dog reg tags.1910 bottle,66 round 50 cent.1912 farthing.1927h/penny1857/81penny
HOT  DIGGERTY DIG

Offline tailofdog

• Gold
  • SALT + SAND

0%

500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 19:28 »
I remembered in the tesoro section you had mentioned the fire about a month ago. Did the insurance people get things sorted yet?
I have to say Westpac was great!
Budget Direct  required more of a Direct approach on 1 car.
To anybody insured/ Pay for Good insurance
It is worth it when, you need them. I never expected a fire to burn my house down but,
I would probably have Hanged myself if, I had had cheap insurance.
I had a customer who had underinsured his house a few years ago and, suffered greatly.
I took heed and pushed up my cover.
I am ok and can buy just about anything I want.
I probably will change a little and go to dirt a little more.
I will get 1 Tesoro and, wait to see how it all progresses

Offline tailofdog

• Gold
  • SALT + SAND

0%

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 19:31 »
omg what a disaster if you want to borrow a cortes for a few months let me know
Trevor, thank you very much for that offer.  I will be picking up a Tesoro soon!
Just kinda working my way through things.
Trev what is your impression of the Cortes?

Offline trevorpickettau

• Platinum

0%
    • Youtube's channel

Fifth year Anniversary Coin of the year Coin Of the Month Winner Nugget Under 1 Ounce The TON Round 50 Cents Sixpence Rams Head Shilling Comm Penny Roo Penny Rising Sun Wheat Three Pence
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 19:40 »
i have never really mastered it but has several great features the vdi is very accurate but it could do with an external speaker or headphones seems to be a great coin machine but struggles in trashy mineralised soil
not bad on wet sand and a good beach machine on the dry
my problem has always been putting the vaquero down but i have been leaving it at home latley
I will soon do a video on all of the machines to help people 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: compass yukon,Garrett ace 250 and 350 and AT Pro, Gold bug 2, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark, Tesoro Lobo Supertrac, Tesoro Tejon,Tesoro Cortes Minelab Gpx 4000 Minelab E trac

LazyTrommel

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2014, 19:57 »
Bloody shame :( poor CTX... this Cazador you speak of intrigues me!

Offline ANT1967

• If it sounds crappy - still dig it... !!
  • Crew
  • Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Victoria for now ......
  • Likes Given: 1516

• Total Badges: 37
    Fifth year Anniversary Coin Of the Month Winner Find of the Month Winner The Gold Ring Nugget Under 1 Ounce Rising Sun The TON 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2014, 20:27 »
Nice to read this post Joe .
Sounds like things are coming together
Hope to see some finds soon
Good luck
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 21:17 by ANT1967 »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: - Owned - Sovereign GT, - Own - GPX5000 & CTX3030
  • Oldest find: 1857 Gothic Florin , 1858 Holloway Token , Gold Nuggets .
Anywhere , Everywhere , Nowhere & 
Somewhere are the same place  !!

Offline trevorpickettau

• Platinum

0%
    • Youtube's channel

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2014, 21:00 »
Latest on the cazador is The Cazador is NOT a rework of an old machine. BRAND NEW means BRAND NEW. I'm sorry for the wait, but we want to make it RIGHT, not fast, not a rework. We at Tesoro asked anyone in the social media outlets, 1 - What do THEY want to see in a detector?, and 2 - have a chance to pick the name. We believed this was the best way to actually get the direct feedback from the detectorists themselves. Did everyone here see the gigantic list of colors, features, operations, bells & whistles, and opinions listed just on this forum? As I've said before, we don't put out a new machine very year just to satisfy the "I need something new" even if the "NEW" is just a repackaged version of the old. I think it's time we address what's really eating at people. Secrets. Why are secrets important to industry. If I came on here in the first couple months of development and told everyone what the machine will be like, do you think the other manufacturers aren't reading this as well? When other companies release information about the new product, that product is already finished. The "R & D Insider Information" is old news for that company. But back to the question. Secrets are only work if NO ONE knows about them. Otherwise it's not a secret."

Only thing we somewhat know for sure, might be out end this summer late fall. If lucky before the ground freezes.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 21:23 by trevorpickettau »

Offline MickyG

• Bronze

0%
    • I live in: Cairns
  • Likes Given: 27

• Total Badges: 26
    100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2014, 17:25 »
Come on Cazador! I'll be standing in line to buy it with you guys. Have your mail forwarding address ready to go guys will take ages to come out here and I'm too impatient to wait and too cheap as well.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Current Garrett AT Gold, AT Pro,Nel Tornando & Big Coils, Past Tesoro Cibola
Part Owner of Minelab, so kind of a bigshot!

Offline scratchinaround

• Platinum

0%

1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2014, 18:22 »
Come on Cazador! I'll be standing in line to buy it with you guys. Have your mail forwarding address ready to go guys will take ages
to come out here and I'm too impatient to wait and too cheap as well.
                         Hard to know what features it  will have over the existing range . I reckon from the vaquero up, the bases are fairly well covered.  imho.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: used bh discovery 33oo, ace350,m/l 305. now tesoro compadre
  • Oldest find: 1923 sa football members badge,1902/5/6dog reg tags.1910 bottle,66 round 50 cent.1912 farthing.1927h/penny1857/81penny
HOT  DIGGERTY DIG

Offline tailofdog

• Gold
  • SALT + SAND

0%

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2014, 18:48 »
i have never really mastered it but has several great features the vdi is very accurate but it could do with an external speaker or headphones seems to be a great coin machine but struggles in trashy mineralised soil
not bad on wet sand and a good beach machine on the dry
my problem has always been putting the vaquero down but i have been leaving it at home latley
I will soon do a video on all of the machines to help people
I loved the Varquero but , would want one with the 8 inch coil for better pinpointing.
I will probably start off with a Silver Umax. It allows me to detect while deciding what other 
Detector to add to it. Cheap enough to carry around in the car but with a good  Rep ;)

Offline MickyG

• Bronze

0%
    • I live in: Cairns
  • Likes Given: 27

• Total Badges: 26
    100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2014, 19:24 »
                        Hard to know what features it  will have over the existing range . I reckon from the vaquero up, the bases are fairly well covered.  imho.

You make perfect sense mate, but this whole secret cazador campaign has whipped me so much up into a frenzy I will probably pay a $1000 for a coke can stuck on an end of a stick as long it has Tesoro Cazador sticker on it. If I was sensible I would wait and read the reviews on it first but no it will be the same as the Cabbage Patch dolls back in the 80's all over again turns out those things aren't real babies no matter what their birth certificates say!
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Current Garrett AT Gold, AT Pro,Nel Tornando & Big Coils, Past Tesoro Cibola
Part Owner of Minelab, so kind of a bigshot!

Offline scratchinaround

• Platinum

0%

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2014, 19:36 »
You make perfect sense mate, but this whole secret cazador campaign has whipped me so much up into a frenzy I will probably pay a $1000 for a coke can stuck on an end of a stick as long it has Tesoro Cazador sticker on it. If I was sensible I would wait and read the reviews on it first but no it will be the same as the Cabbage Patch dolls back in the 80's all over again turns out those things aren't real babies no matter what their birth certificates say!
   HI  M.  the guys on U.S. forums are talking about  it a lot, being a Tesoro forum. some say it's best to wait for a year after  a new model
is released. after teething ? probs on some recent makes, might be a good idea, tho Tesoro seems to have a great reputation and many disciples.   I also have some nice coke cans on plastic poles you may want to buy. ;D
HOT  DIGGERTY DIG

Offline tailofdog

• Gold
  • SALT + SAND

0%

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2014, 05:05 »
You make perfect sense mate, but this whole secret cazador campaign has whipped me so much up into a frenzy I will probably pay a $1000 for a coke can stuck on an end of a stick as long it has Tesoro Cazador sticker on it. If I was sensible I would wait and read the reviews on it first but no it will be the same as the Cabbage Patch dolls back in the 80's all over again turns out those things aren't real babies no matter what their birth certificates say!
y
I think they took a hit on their Wall of Glory with the Outlaw so 
I think they know like Toyota that their sales are dependant on performance.
For me the Cazador would probably have to work somewhat on sand.
If you like the specs it will Probably work for you

Offline Peter 64

• Silver

0%
  • Likes Given: 11

• Total Badges: 18
    Fourth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2014, 10:58 »
If you are still thinking about the Silver U max, dont expect too much of it in salt wet sand/water....I had one for my daughter some years ago and it would not pick up a coin that I located with another detector in wet sand...only 1-2 inches down.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab, Fisher, Tesoro, Teknetics,Whites, Garrett
  • Oldest find: 1826 halfpenny, 1662-1722 Chinese coin.

Offline tailofdog

• Gold
  • SALT + SAND

0%

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2014, 14:57 »
No,
Just a play toy for Tot lots and, parks perhaps even dry sand.
Good pinpointing cheap back up if I decide to get a wet sand machine

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam
anything