* Share it Around

Author Topic:  Bluetooth conversion  (Read 2447 times)

Offline Tasrog

• Platinum
  • SO MUCH GROUND....SO LITTLE TIME.

• Fill this by Posting :)
    43.33%
    • I live in: Shearwater
  • Likes Given: 47

• Total Badges: 33
    Badges: (View All)
    Fifth year Anniversary Returned an Item The Gold Ring 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
Bluetooth conversion
« on: July 29, 2014, 21:20 »
Howdy all,
Eurekaman posted a blue tooth headphone setup for his AT PRO on the Dirt Fishing forum which I looked the look of as the cord on the headphones I use  is a pain.  The bits came in at around $50. This included the "sender unit", the headphones, an extension cord ( which at this time I am not using) and an adapter ( small to big)  for for the jack. Instead of mounting the sender unit on the shaft I used stick on velcro to put it on the box in order to be able to remove it to charge it.  The headphones are supposed to last around 8 hrs per charge and it is all small and light. Weather is very rough here so haven't field tested them yet though I could here it picking up the reo in the slab inside the house. It was pretty noisy so to make sure it wasn't the sender unit I turned down the sensitivity and held it about waist high and it went quiet which pleases me. Will let you know how it goes in the field especially with pinpointing when the weather settles.
Roger
  • Detector(s) owned/used: used a ML 4500:Own - BH Tracker IV: AT PRO International, BH 3300, Fisher F5, GoFind 60, Excalibur 2
  • Oldest find: 1806 King George III penny
The bucket list. Gothic Florin - found, Gold ring - found, Trench Art - not found, Sunrise badge - not found, Cricket buckle = not found, Sov or half Sov - not found.

Offline trevorpickettau

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: Victoria Melbourne
    • Yarraville West Weather
    • Youtube's channel
  • Likes Given: 933

• Total Badges: 43
    Fifth year Anniversary Coin of the year Coin Of the Month Winner Nugget Under 1 Ounce The TON Round 50 Cents Sixpence Rams Head Shilling Comm Penny Roo Penny Rising Sun Wheat Three Pence
Re: Bluetooth conversion
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 18:35 »
Im not sure it will work with you there is too large a distance between your head and the detector but still the headphones will be seen by low flying aircraft so a bonus
On the real side looks like a great idea
  • Detector(s) owned/used: compass yukon,Garrett ace 250 and 350 and AT Pro, Gold bug 2, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark, Tesoro Lobo Supertrac, Tesoro Tejon,Tesoro Cortes Minelab Gpx 4000 Minelab E trac

Offline scratchinaround

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: a land of confusion.
  • Likes Given: 228

• Total Badges: 24
    1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 19:19 »
            I   use my   phone  as a modem to my laptop,which receives both wi fi and Bluetooth. the Bluetooth range is stated as 50 feet.
 I guess it depends on the  transmit/receive range of that set up Roger. I wonder if you will get any interference with the coil etc.?

• Detector(s) owned/used: used bh discovery 33oo, ace350,m/l 305. now tesoro compadre
  • Oldest find: 1923 sa football members badge,1902/5/6dog reg tags.1910 bottle,66 round 50 cent.1912 farthing.1927h/penny1857/81penny
HOT  DIGGERTY DIG

Offline ray.m

• Bronze

0%
    • I live in: Western Riverina, NSW
  • Likes Given: 229

• Total Badges: 19
    100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 05:52 »
I use the rapoo h3070 for windy days and early morn hunts, with the transmitter under the arm rest.

No noticeable lag or interference and because of the minimal frame of the phones can (just) pull my wide brim hat over them.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Ace 250, AT Pro (US), SDC2300, GPX4500

Offline Tasrog

• Platinum

43.33%

Fifth year Anniversary Returned an Item The Gold Ring 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 20:50 »
Well the weather here has finally settled and as it was a nice balmy 6 degrees (+ windchill) or so  I went out for an hour or so before tea to finally field test the blue tooth headphone setup. Was happy with it though it was a bit weird not having to watch out for the cord. No real noticeable lag, with all targets being in the plug or very close to it at about the same ratio as with the corded headphones and no real difference to the tones volume or pitch. As I was digging everything in order to test the headphones I merely got closer to my first gold ring, in other words a few pulltabs, a couple of cans and bits of cans then bingo, a nice 1942 6d in good nick though I did put a scratch on georgie boys head. Will have to buy Eurekaman a beer when I see him some time.
Roger
  • Detector(s) owned/used: used a ML 4500:Own - BH Tracker IV: AT PRO International, BH 3300, Fisher F5, GoFind 60, Excalibur 2
The bucket list. Gothic Florin - found, Gold ring - found, Trench Art - not found, Sunrise badge - not found, Cricket buckle = not found, Sov or half Sov - not found.

Offline scratchinaround

• Platinum

0%

1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 21:24 »
 So all good then Rog.  dunno what frequency blueteeth  ::)   is, should look it I spose.  obviously different from a detector
's range. could be  a goer if you use  'phones.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: used bh discovery 33oo, ace350,m/l 305. now tesoro compadre
  • Oldest find: 1923 sa football members badge,1902/5/6dog reg tags.1910 bottle,66 round 50 cent.1912 farthing.1927h/penny1857/81penny
HOT  DIGGERTY DIG

Offline skyv

• Bronze

0%
    • I live in: Victoria
  • Likes Given: 359

• Total Badges: 21
    100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 22:42 »
I think bluetooth is about 2.4 GHz.
Laz
  • Detector(s) owned/used: E-TRACK
  • Oldest find: Token 1788

Offline scratchinaround

• Platinum

0%

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2014, 06:02 »
I think bluetooth is about 2.4 GHz.
Laz
          Thanx  Skyv. I think that's right, I remember reading that now,somewhere.
HOT  DIGGERTY DIG

Offline Tasrog

• Platinum

43.33%

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2014, 15:17 »
Howdy

One thing I am going to have to do is to tape over the LEDs on the headphones and the sender. I had a van come up to me where I was detecting to see what I was up to the other night . Realised later that what they saw was the LEDs flashing away while I weaved my erratic path while detecting

Roger

Offline scratchinaround

• Platinum

0%

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2014, 22:59 »
Howdy

One thing I am going to have to do is to tape over the LEDs on the headphones and the sender. I had a van come up to me where I was detecting to see what I was up to the other night . Realised later that what they saw was the LEDs flashing away while I weaved my erratic path while detecting

Roger
     He  prob. thought it was an alien ufo, and all the l'il greenies were dancing around :o   strange happenings down that way.
             ;D
HOT  DIGGERTY DIG

Offline Tasrog

• Platinum

43.33%

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2014, 21:35 »
I will charge the setup before I go detecting,
 I will charge the setup before I go detecting
Roger

Offline skyv

• Bronze

0%
    • I live in: Victoria
  • Likes Given: 359

• Total Badges: 21
    100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2014, 08:59 »
I will take extra battery pack when I go detecting,

skyv
  • Detector(s) owned/used: E-TRACK
  • Oldest find: Token 1788

Offline Tasrog

• Platinum

43.33%

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2014, 17:33 »

would be nice but they have built in re chargeables :D

skyv

Offline The Catseye Cleaner

• Platinum

3.33%
    • I live in: Mackay QLD
    • The Catseye Cleaner
    • Youtube's channel
  • Likes Given: 523

• Total Badges: 27
    Fifth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2014, 18:45 »
I will take detector when I go detecting

Would be nice to have a memory! Now, what was it I was going to take when I go... ah... um... Where was I going?
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab Explorer II x 2 + Sunray X1 probe, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab Sovereign Elite, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett A2B Groundhog, Minelab CTX3030, Garrett Pro-Pointer X-Pointer Minelab Musketeer Advantage.
  • Oldest find: 1805 - 1806 King George III Large Penny
2015 Totals
Decimals: More than $300 but less than $500
Pre-decimals: 'bout 30 or 40
Tokens: 4
Rings:
Platinum: 0 Gold: 0  Silver: 2  Other: 3 junkers

If it ain't got an 18 on the front it's just another coin.

Offline Tasrog

• Platinum

43.33%

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2014, 20:44 »

Would be nice to have a memory! Now, what was it I was going to take when I go... ah... um... Where was I going?

Which brings to mind a song.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yN-6PbqAPM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yN-6PbqAPM</a>
 on a  more serious note I have  ordered another pair of headphones which should take care of the first going flat problem :D ....... providing I remember to charge the spare set of course

Offline scratchinaround

• Platinum

0%

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2014, 21:40 »

And   don't  forget  to.. errrr, ummmm    DAMN. ::)
HOT  DIGGERTY DIG

Offline Marty

• Gold

20%
    • I live in: Hawkesbury River Region NSW Australia
  • Likes Given: 76

• Total Badges: 44
    Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts The Gold Ring Returned an Item Coin Of the Month Winner Coin of the year Half Soveriegn The Crown Comm Penny Nugget over an Ounce Full Sovereign 500 Posts
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2014, 22:54 »
Here is a set up I used to use on my gpx4000 more than 4 yrs ago , there was no echo or any delay in the transmit signal from memory it was less that 0.02mill sec's or was that 0.2 cant remember but there was no delay at all 
I still have it, but haven't used it for some time, I used to plug it into someone that was new to the game to listen to what they were digging. I used a 2 into 1 1/4" jack adaptor and walked 10m from them with great results 

This is what you want AD no head phone cord at all mate  ;)

• Detector(s) owned/used: Old -GP3000/3500, GPX 4000,4500, GB1 , GPX5000, current XTerra705 , ForsGold, CTX3030 , SDC2300 , GPZ7000
  • Oldest find: 1797 Cartwheel , 1806 & 07 George III half penny, 1823 & 25 Farthing , 1825 George IV Penny ,1876 20 Mark Gold German Wilhelm I, 1889 Queen Vic Jubilee Head Double Florin, 1937 Australian Crown, lost gold ring over 120yr ago, returned property owner
"Just Dig It and it will come"

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam