* Share it Around

Author Topic:  AT Pro phones fail.  (Read 1046 times)

Offline blueyonder

• Platinum

• Fill this by Posting :)
    13.33%
    • I live in: Avalon NSW
  • Likes Given: 551

• Total Badges: 34
    Badges: (View All)
    Sixth year Anniversary Wheat Three Pence Comm Penny The Gold Ring Rising Sun Sixpence Rams Head Shilling Roo Penny 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts
AT Pro phones fail.
« on: October 19, 2014, 22:27 »
My beat-up AT Pro has stopped sending sound to my headphones. It still makes tones through the crappy speaker.Tried another set of phones but same result. Any ideas? Was about to invest in some bluetooth phones(inspired by StuartSS) but if the Pro is cactus..maybe I should look into an XP deus..cheers..Dave
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Garrett Infinium LS,Garrett AT PRO
  • Oldest find: 1842 Queen Victoria young head silver half crown

Offline Stalker

• Platinum

6.67%
    • I live in: Padbury , west ozz
  • Likes Given: 772

• Total Badges: 24
    Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Re: AT Pro phones fail.
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 00:02 »
Problem could be the plug.  And needs looking at.  Might need some re soldering or a good clean.  But more than likely a loose wire iIf it's working through the speaker 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: some call it the armadillo some say its ugly I think its feral . atx
  • Oldest find: 1877 coin that had been turned into a necklace , gave to the bruthern pub
Does chuck norris use a metal detector on the beach ..no he is the metal detector and the beach comes to him ..

Offline skyv

• Bronze

0%
    • I live in: Victoria
  • Likes Given: 358

• Total Badges: 21
    100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 08:49 »
IMHO logic would dictate that the problem is with the headphone socket.
Open her up and have a look, as stalker suggests, it might just be a wire thats come adrift.

skyv
  • Detector(s) owned/used: E-TRACK
  • Oldest find: Token 1788

Offline blueyonder

• Platinum

13.33%

Sixth year Anniversary Wheat Three Pence Comm Penny The Gold Ring Rising Sun Sixpence Rams Head Shilling Roo Penny 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 13:05 »
Thanks lads..I'll run it through the buzz saw and have a squizz.

tonyw

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 13:40 »
Mine were faulty because the wire had come adrift in the ear muffs, replaced with a jack socket conversion  from Texas Premium and bought some Sunray Pro Golds whilst iwas at it, AT pro headphones are at best a little above crap and after thought is all.

Offline blueyonder

• Platinum

13.33%

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 17:33 »
Bingo!!..I had tried the waterproof phones off the Infinium with no joy. Was about to risk pulling the machine apart when your post showed up Tony..got me thinking so I tried the land phones off the Infinium and I am back in action!
I was actually getting a bit sad at the thought of tossing the PRO. She's ugly but still does the job.The phone coils are stretched to buggery so have run shock cord up the centre and zip-tied them at either end.The box snapped off the shaft mounts so that is now permanently araldited to the shaft. The battery cover is gaffa taped on as the locking slot busted. The shafts have been cut short and re-drilled so I can fit it into my pack.
Will pull the phones apart and see if a dodgy repair is needed,but will still look into bluetooth phones..Cheers..Dave

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam
anything