* Share it Around

Author Topic:  FORS GOLD - CUSTOMER FEEDBACK FROM AU  (Read 20665 times)

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

• Fill this by Posting :)
    100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Likes Given: 682

• Total Badges: 50
    Badges: (View All)
    Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn 15000 Posts
Re: FORS GOLD - CUSTOMER FEEDBACK FROM AU
« Reply #100 on: January 14, 2015, 07:40 »
A pity Narrawa hasn't had time to go to the goldfields. He seems to be an experienced operater and i have some of his gold pictures on my Dvd.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

Offline ANT1967

• If it sounds crappy - still dig it... !!
  • Crew
  • Platinum

73.33%
    • I live in: Victoria for now ......
  • Likes Given: 1735

• Total Badges: 37
    Fifth year Anniversary Coin Of the Month Winner Find of the Month Winner The Gold Ring Nugget Under 1 Ounce Rising Sun The TON 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts
« Reply #101 on: January 14, 2015, 11:04 »
A pity Narrawa hasn't had time to go to the goldfields. He seems to be an experienced operater and i have some of his gold pictures on my Dvd.

Narrawa is doing his Goldfield test & reports this week.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: - Owned - Sovereign GT, - Own - GPX5000 & CTX3030
  • Oldest find: 1857 Gothic Florin , 1858 Holloway Token , Gold Nuggets .
Anywhere , Everywhere , Nowhere & 
Somewhere are the same place  !!

Offline Narrawa

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Central West NSW
  • Likes Given: 5

• Total Badges: 14
    Second year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #102 on: January 19, 2015, 14:28 »
Hi all,
Rather than reproduce my findings here, its easier to just link to it.
Over the last week on and off due to down time traveling from state to state, i had a little time to get out with the FG to an area close by thats not very kind to VLF detectors.
Though this was my first goldfield attempt with the FG, it wont be my last as im planning on returning here for round 2 this week.
I didn't go easy on it, however i knew from the start this was going to be a challenge for the FG as it has/is for any top of the range VLF detector in this location. And iv tried a few here for this very reason.
Despite my findings thus far, i believe this unit to have good potential in our fields that will with more time, prove fruitful over other top of the range VLFs.
No vids or gold to report in round 1.

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums. … tml#p20425
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Lots
  • Oldest find: A rock...i believe its pretty old...lol
believe

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%

Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn 15000 Posts
« Reply #103 on: January 19, 2015, 15:31 »
An interesting well written post Narrawa and welcome to our forum.

Offline trevorpickettau

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: Victoria Melbourne
    • Yarraville West Weather
    • Youtube's channel
  • Likes Given: 933

• Total Badges: 43
    Fifth year Anniversary Coin of the year Coin Of the Month Winner Nugget Under 1 Ounce The TON Round 50 Cents Sixpence Rams Head Shilling Comm Penny Roo Penny Rising Sun Wheat Three Pence
« Reply #104 on: January 19, 2015, 16:07 »
honest report thanks for the no bs evaluation
  • Detector(s) owned/used: compass yukon,Garrett ace 250 and 350 and AT Pro, Gold bug 2, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark, Tesoro Lobo Supertrac, Tesoro Tejon,Tesoro Cortes Minelab Gpx 4000 Minelab E trac

Offline Stalker

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: Padbury , west ozz
  • Likes Given: 775

• Total Badges: 24
    Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #105 on: January 23, 2015, 16:27 »
Funny ,,, tid numbers , take note nokta to ivans post , I dont need to prove anyrhing or drop names to tell you the tid  numbers need sorting out , but yet you doubted me when I mentioned it,, , ,, 
I would not like to be deaf and be digging by the numbers ,,,
  • Detector(s) owned/used: some call it the armadillo some say its ugly I think its feral . atx
  • Oldest find: 1877 coin that had been turned into a necklace , gave to the bruthern pub
Does chuck norris use a metal detector on the beach ..no he is the metal detector and the beach comes to him ..

Offline Adrian ss

• Gold

86.67%
    • I live in: Canberra
  • Likes Given: 1

• Total Badges: 20
    Sixth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #106 on: January 23, 2015, 20:03 »
My XLT reads 68 to 70 for Aussie 1 dollar......2 dollar  reads 66 to 68
Steel bottle cap 96 to 98 but varies a bit depending on the type of plating on the cap.

Sov XS reads 499 to 500 for 1 dollar and 488 to 497 for 2 dollar.
Plated steel bottle cap readings jumps  randomly right across  the range from -1390 to +440, a sure sign of a rusty or steel item.

My old analogue Whites 6000 DI PRO SL and 6000 DI Series 3 also very clearly separate our Aussie coins from steel bottle caps
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 20:53 by Adrian ss »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Sea Hunter MK II, Safari, SDC 2300, 6000DI SL ,BHID,ML Stirling,GS 15000, Sov XS, Lobo ST, relic M 7,Fisher 553D & 555D,CX4PI,Infinium,Spectrum XLT.6000D,6000DI S 3, Gold Spear, Scorpion, CXII & CXIII,Pro Scan,Some Home Built VLFs & PIs and some others.
  • Oldest find: 1797 Cartwheel penny

Offline Narrawa

• Copper

0%

Second year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #107 on: January 24, 2015, 15:12 »
Another round with the FG.
http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/nokta-makro-fors-gold-t3468.html

I waved a 2c coin over the dirty30 and it gave different readings when the coin was waved from vertical to horizontal. This was a problem that plagued the early Explores and the only thing thats changed in my opinion is the price.
The tests i did with the FG, MXT and F19 all had different readings on our coins....but the tones were the give away. Not often iron will hit those readings, or tones in low mineralization. The v3i is also different and changing certain filters ect will give new readings again.
The closer our $1 & $2 coins are in readings the better. Bottle caps will always be problematic..they come is so many different arrangements its just not funny. If recalibrating a detector to better read, or separate our coins was done...the readings from the array off different bottle caps will be placed where.? in the ring range perhaps.? There lays another problem with many detectors when reading rings...low numbers, foil then becomes the new bottle cap.
believe

Offline Narrawa

• Copper

0%

« Reply #108 on: January 31, 2015, 04:35 »
believe

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%

« Reply #109 on: January 31, 2015, 11:20 »
Finally got the use of one. Have to re read posts and the book. The new owner couldn't use it around his house yard for noise but was ok out in a paddock away from phones and TV. He wants me to learn all about it and teach him. At least we will have one at the next club gold prospecting outing in two weeks.

Offline Narrawa

• Copper

0%

« Reply #110 on: January 31, 2015, 12:24 »
Finally got the use of one. Have to re read posts and the book. The new owner couldn't use it around his house yard for noise but was ok out in a paddock away from phones and TV. He wants me to learn all about it and teach him. At least we will have one at the next club gold prospecting outing in two weeks.
Dont be scared to drop the gain back when using it in built up areas with EMI. Its got a lot of gain and is quiet usable running low gain both in house yards, and gold fields. You also have to highlight the frequency adjustment in the menu, then pull the trigger to make the greyed out menu  come active for adjustment. This will help tame it if the source of EMI is a little high.

I often turn it on in my caravan to fiddle around with...no problems.
believe

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%

« Reply #111 on: January 31, 2015, 15:06 »
I had the gain tuned down in the third setting ,COG but its a bit deep for my lawns. A few targets were dug at full Lesche depths and the grass hasn't recovered from the Ace250 tests yet. I like the vibrating handle on the first setting. It feels like a pinpointer locking onto a target. I don't know why it didn't have a support strap on the handle when the user manuel shows one. Maybe it got lost at the dealers. Balance is good. Volume was left set on maximum and the bloke next door came out to see what the racket was. Half volume seems ok without wind noise. More testing when i understand it better.

Offline Stalker

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: Padbury , west ozz
  • Likes Given: 775

• Total Badges: 24
    Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #112 on: January 31, 2015, 17:23 »
Finally got the use of one. Have to re read posts and the book. The new owner couldn't use it around his house yard for noise but was ok out in a paddock away from phones and TV. He wants me to learn all about it and teach him. At least we will have one at the next club gold prospecting outing in two weeks.

good on ya ray ,, it'll be interesting to see how you go with it ,, 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: some call it the armadillo some say its ugly I think its feral . atx
  • Oldest find: 1877 coin that had been turned into a necklace , gave to the bruthern pub
Does chuck norris use a metal detector on the beach ..no he is the metal detector and the beach comes to him ..

Offline Narrawa

• Copper

0%

« Reply #113 on: January 31, 2015, 21:27 »
I had the gain tuned down in the third setting ,COG but its a bit deep for my lawns. A few targets were dug at full Lesche depths and the grass hasn't recovered from the Ace250 tests yet. I like the vibrating handle on the first setting. It feels like a pinpointer locking onto a target. I don't know why it didn't have a support strap on the handle when the user manuel shows one. Maybe it got lost at the dealers. Balance is good. Volume was left set on maximum and the bloke next door came out to see what the racket was. Half volume seems ok without wind noise. More testing when i understand it better.
Yeah i know what your saying bout the Lesche running out of depth, kinda need something a little deeper penetrating. Wait till you start using the DI2 pattern, its the two tone disc program. The COG program is the beach mode....kinda wish i had the Core and not the Gold version now. Not complaining because its certainly got some get up and go about it.

Look forward to reading some of your reports on it.
believe

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%

« Reply #114 on: February 02, 2015, 23:29 »
I spent a bit of time reading the book and playing with the settings. It is annoying when learning the machine that the screen is on the side and not in front of you. I wonder if the screen could be put on a hinge or swivel so it can be swung out like the compact video camera screens. The receiver picks up every bit of interference around my house. Turning down the gain to under half let it run quiet but i think it lost too much depth. I still haven't had it out somewhere away from outside interference yet. I stuck some gold up on a plastic chair and did some air tests. I know my little Ace250 is no good in the mineralised goldfields but around my yard it doesn't seem to hear the TV and phone lines. The Ace out performed the test machine on gold while i had the Nokta gain turned down for smooth running. I couldn't run the Nokta with the power up even though i tried all of the frequency settings. I know the Nokta is a deep running machine when its set up with the gain higher and hopefully in two weeks on our goldfields it will find some gold.

Offline Narrawa

• Copper

0%

« Reply #115 on: February 03, 2015, 15:03 »
Interesting reading your findings on interference....i never got that in the yards i was working in suburbia.?

When you do get it out into the goldfields, can you make note of the ground readings you get when GBing the machine. Id be most interested.
believe

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%

« Reply #116 on: February 03, 2015, 18:20 »
I wonder if the interference could be the 3G /4G wireless internet service. Our town is all wireless as we are to far away for wired ADSL. 14th. Feb is our next campout. I will take note of the ground readings but expect them to be Very high.Dropping a rare earth magnet anywhere we hunt will Always lift up soil and small rocks.

Offline Marty

• Gold

36.67%
    • I live in: Hawkesbury River Region NSW Australia
  • Likes Given: 77

• Total Badges: 44
    Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts The Gold Ring Returned an Item Coin Of the Month Winner Coin of the year Half Soveriegn The Crown Comm Penny Nugget over an Ounce Full Sovereign 500 Posts
« Reply #117 on: February 03, 2015, 21:38 »
No Problems around my home , even when under the 33kv lines smooth as 
M,
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Old -GP3000/3500, GPX 4000,4500, GB1 , GPX5000, current XTerra705 , ForsGold, CTX3030 , SDC2300 , GPZ7000
  • Oldest find: 1797 Cartwheel , 1806 & 07 George III half penny, 1823 & 25 Farthing , 1825 George IV Penny ,1876 20 Mark Gold German Wilhelm I, 1889 Queen Vic Jubilee Head Double Florin, 1937 Australian Crown, lost gold ring over 120yr ago, returned property owner
"Just Dig It and it will come"

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%

« Reply #118 on: February 18, 2015, 07:04 »
I borrowed the Nokta unit for a few hours and gave it a tryout on the goldfields. Our club went to Avoca but i drove across to Percydale for a look. It was 37c in the shade but the heaps i wanted to check were in the sun so i didn't get as much time as i would have liked.  The ground out there is fairly quiet compared to our normal hunt sites. Mainly white pipeclay heaps with lots of smooth worn rocks. The ground reading showed 78. I used it on one of the discrimination setting, these give no threshold background noise. No point in using it in all metal as i may as well have used my 5000. I had hoped to find some gold on the large heaps that i would have walked away from normally due to lots of iron. I used the machine on flatout power. I only took a small pick and it wasn't long before i wished i had my large gold pick with me. It finds stuff fairly deep. I found some .22 cal projectiles down deep. I forgot to bring some gold out as my pack is normally all combined with the Mlb battery pack unit. Without gold i couldn't remember what numbers to set the discrimination to. I set the unit to cut out all signals below number 20 which includes iron. I found an old badge,bits of bling and a very large spoon which had been modified. After i found a Chinese coin i raised the discrimination to 50 and found another coin which was a very old halfpenny. I didn't find gold but did find things on heaps that i would have walked away from normally.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 07:10 by Rwork »

Offline Narrawa

• Copper

0%

« Reply #119 on: February 18, 2015, 08:22 »
Wish i was able to run that sort of gain in the goldfield im hunting. I bet you were not expecting that sort of depth with it either...lol

Chinese coin, nice find.

How did you find the shaft, handling/comfort.?
believe

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%

« Reply #120 on: February 18, 2015, 13:12 »
The detector chattered a bit on flatout but i have used old minelabs for many years and i am used of a bit of extra noise. The signals still popped up louder than the background noise. I liked the shaft and balance. I had an XS bent shaft Sov at the same time as the straight shaft GT and didn't have any problems with either. The coil didn't come loose but i found the shaft a little short as the button had stuck and i couldn't get it to slide while out in the paddock.I turned the gain down later as i was finding very small bits of brass and foil but it still found them.

Offline Narrawa

• Copper

0%

« Reply #121 on: February 25, 2015, 02:53 »
Last post right down the bottom....not a bad day out.

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/nokta-makro-fors-gold-t3468.html
believe

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam