* Share it Around

Author Topic:  FORS GOLD - CUSTOMER FEEDBACK FROM AU  (Read 18800 times)

Offline Aussie Detecting

• Platinum
  • www.aussiedetectors.com

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
    • I live in: Bendigo Vic
    • Aussie Detecting & Prospecting
  • Likes Given: 3

• Total Badges: 24
    Badges: (View All)
    1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Re: FORS GOLD - CUSTOMER FEEDBACK FROM AU
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2014, 10:41 »
So where was your Fors Gold purchased? According to my dealers they have no idea who you are? The Fors CoRe on eBay was purchased through myself. 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Too many.
  • Oldest find: Roman coin
It's all about having fun.
www.aussiedetectors.com

Offline Aussie Detecting

• Platinum

0%

1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2014, 11:39 »
Excellent. Good luck with it Ivan. I just hope you can keep our differences out of your opinion of the detector. 
www.aussiedetectors.com

Offline Nokta Detectors

• Board Moderator
  • Copper

0%
    • Nokta Detectors
  • Likes Given: 2

• Total Badges: 17
    100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2014, 18:34 »
Hello all...want to say a few words. The reason Nokta started to sponsor this forum was not to get into debates or make sales pitches. The main reason was to introduce our products and our company to those (I am underlining this part) who are interested. As we respect all competition and all opinions, we ask for the same. Detectors are very subjective machines as it all depends on the need of a user. Now I can send you the links of many posts in other forums where people are writing that this is the best VLF detector they used.  A user here is saying that it is a heavy machine where another user just posted the following on another forum : ''the machine just wants to hang on your arm like a feather seems like. I actually have less fatigue with this as compared to yes, the other machine. Just might be the most solid made machines on the market that has passed through my hands, build is second to none on that note. ''  And as you can imagine, the product weighs the same in each country so it is all subjective just like with any other machine in the market. 
Now regarding the reviews, I asked Marty to use the machine for a while as he was comparing it to a PI which is not a fair comparison. He will take other VLFs with him on his next trip. We are expecting the second review to be up in a few days. 
Nokta is a very professional manufacturer, not a seller and I am repeating that the only reason we are here is to support people who are interested while respecting those who are not. 

Dilek - Sales & Marketing Manager 

Offline Nokta Detectors

• Board Moderator
  • Copper

0%
    • Nokta Detectors

100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2014, 19:10 »
On a different note - the third reviewer's mom just passed away (our condolences) so his review will take a little longer ...
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Nokta & Makro

Offline Nokta Detectors

• Board Moderator
  • Copper

0%
    • Nokta Detectors

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2014, 19:34 »
Ivan of course you have all the right to post here or elsewhere ... We are a very customer oriented company. We listen to our customers and we act upon their feedbacks. All I am trying to avoid is to turn this forum into an endless ''who is right or wrong'' type of argument and lose the main focus of this forum which is to provide information to customers about our products and company, support those who are currently using our products as well as listening to them. And we want all this done on a very friendly and respectful manner. This is all....so all is good...

Offline Stalker

• Platinum

6.67%
    • I live in: Padbury , west ozz
  • Likes Given: 772

Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2014, 21:45 »
I would still like to see these tested in western Australia ,, 
I'm not interested in reading a review on a detector that was trialed  in another country , soils ain't soils ,,,   if it works in Australia it'll work elsewhere around the world , then maybe I'll pay a bit more attention to the product that's on offer ,, other than ivans post I don't see any other real reports yet that convinces me that these detectors are capable in our soils or any better than " the other one "   ,,,time will tell  ,, so I'll wait for more info to come to light  , thanks ivan for your views look forward to more, , also looking forward to marty's review, , 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: some call it the armadillo some say its ugly I think its feral . atx
  • Oldest find: 1877 coin that had been turned into a necklace , gave to the bruthern pub
Does chuck norris use a metal detector on the beach ..no he is the metal detector and the beach comes to him ..

Offline Aussie Detecting

• Platinum

0%

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2014, 10:00 »
Yes he would have found it heavy with the large coil. It's fair to say he would have handed it back pretty quick. Did he try the small coil? On that ground it will overload when the coil hits the ground. That's some pretty magnetic ground. 

"As the post with large/loud fonts above indicates..... "Nokta is here to support people who are interested".....so make use of that support!"

I'm offering my support. Trying to help you & other customers.

www.aussiedetectors.com

Offline Aussie Detecting

• Platinum

0%

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2014, 18:04 »
Thanks for your feedback Ivan. It's an interesting idea for it to be calibrated to our coins.  I'll pass it on to Nokta for their consideration. 
www.aussiedetectors.com

Offline Nokta Detectors

• Board Moderator
  • Copper

0%
    • Nokta Detectors

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2014, 19:12 »
Good/Bad info depending on who is reading and making use of the info.
Jack Flynns observation on the FORS CoRe Feedback thread with regards to TID numbers reading the same 85-82 on bottle caps, dime or (US) penny

is dead on correct.
Not so good news is our $ coins, beer bottle caps and aluminium screw caps on the FORS Gold also read in the vicinity of 82-85.
You can have a peek in the ice-cream container from my FORS Gold beach outing.

Is this Nokta knocking ??? take it as you like....this is TID info relayed straigh of the screen.
I would like to see the FORS models sold in Australia be calibrated to our coins and condition......then perhaps buyers/users here would not
sell them after only a short time of ownership........said in another straight on way, it would be a most pleasant beneficial upgrade.
I do recall GMC not wanting to release the Garrett AT Gold before it had some suitable improvements mods for Oz.........good on them.

FORS Gold customer feedback from AU.!

ivanll  

/quote]

Hello ... can we please learn the model of the detector that gives a different ID for bottle caps?

FORS depending on the type of cap and the orientation of it underground will give a blended high low high tone which helps experienced users to identify them.
In addition, can you please not make generalizations such as ''then perhaps buyers/users here would not sell them after only a short time of ownership'' and mislead people?
As I have stated before, detectors are very subjective. The same detector can be liked or disliked by different users. It all depends on what your needs and expectations are as well as how well you operate the detector. And this applies to all brands in the market. 

Offline Nokta Detectors

• Board Moderator
  • Copper

0%
    • Nokta Detectors

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2014, 19:41 »
No need to thank me.
A good importer would have tested the product they want to sell to the public considering they regard themselves to be in a "Position To Know"
They should have made sure the product be compatible with our conditions and thereby competitive with other brands, hence also the reason to have authorised Testers.
It should not be up to the customers that pay for their own equipment to give feedback on failings......except some voluntary happy/positive ones after a good hunt.
ivanll

Ivan, first of all Aussie did test the detector. Second - FORS is very competitive with other VLF detectors and actually much better than most of them.  We, as the manufacturer know our product very well and we stand behind it. And as far as the customer feedbacks we will go with what the majority says ( and I am referring to almost 100% here) which is all positive. We never ask people to buy our detector to give feedbacks. The ones that were sent for testing based on request were sent free. Now, you may personally not like the detector (and we would really respect that ) or have other reasons of your own to criticize each and every single post we make but then again you are misleading people by comments such as ''failure''. There is no failure in the detector. If there is something wrong with your detector, believe me Nokta will take care of it faster than any other company you have dealt with because this is what Nokta is all about. Now, I feel like there is personal tension here between members here and if this is the case, please keep it outside of this forum.

Offline scratchinaround

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: a land of confusion.
  • Likes Given: 228

1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2014, 19:49 »
 I  have  followed this topic with great interest, as I for one, would very much like to  see  a better product  released  for metal detecting, something with actual '' new'' technology and at a reasonable price.   Obviously  for  the product/s to be successful, these must be able to accept the mineralisation found here. I see it simply as a matter of they do, or don't. It is no more complicated than that. The longer the controversy drags on, the more adverse  opinion this will create. I  assumed that the people that volunteered to test your product were not asking for free, donated units - charity. Further, these people are relatively well known to the detecting community and could be relied on to submit the required un-biased report/s, of  which I am sure, is Nokta's objective. Three  ''testers '' are mentioned,but I am only aware of Mary, so who are the other two ?  Finally, as far as I understand an '' un-biased opinion/report should not need to be vetted by  the  product's company/ spokesperson. 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: used bh discovery 33oo, ace350,m/l 305. now tesoro compadre
  • Oldest find: 1923 sa football members badge,1902/5/6dog reg tags.1910 bottle,66 round 50 cent.1912 farthing.1927h/penny1857/81penny
HOT  DIGGERTY DIG

Offline Aussie Detecting

• Platinum

0%

« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2014, 20:09 »
Yes Marty is one. The others, Robert Crampton from Crampo's prospecting supplies & the other Shaun Taylor. 
Robert is half way through his review & sadly Shaun's mother passed away last week, so his is on hold for a little bit. 
These testers / reviewers were selected by myself. They are purely independent from myself & as Marty can vouch, we have not known each other until now. 
www.aussiedetectors.com

Offline scratchinaround

• Platinum

0%

1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2014, 23:12 »
It  all sounds so difficult, and complicated.  How long does it take to learn  to use a  Nokta detector, are they that complex ?
Condolences  to  Shaun for his sad loss, of course.  I agree  with Ivanll, the distributor of a product should know about  the product and have tested it  to answer  any  customers queries. you  are in a perfect  location,  to do so .  In my opinion, W.A. is probably  asking to much from a vlf unit, from what I have read, and understand. Dragging out  a conclusion does not inspire consumer confidence. A comparison with a  current  Fisher Gold bug  model and ATpro gold should be a fair appraisal. The  AT PRO gold was  apparently calibrated to suit our soil conditions, which is only simple logic, has Nokta done the same ? If so, the controversy  is re-solved. Surely  Nokta  can  verify  this point. I still believe the testing should have be done by people that are known on this and other Oz forums and have the ability to report accordingly.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: used bh discovery 33oo, ace350,m/l 305. now tesoro compadre
  • Oldest find: 1923 sa football members badge,1902/5/6dog reg tags.1910 bottle,66 round 50 cent.1912 farthing.1927h/penny1857/81penny
HOT  DIGGERTY DIG

Offline Nokta Detectors

• Board Moderator
  • Copper

0%
    • Nokta Detectors

« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2014, 00:28 »
It  all sounds so difficult, and complicated.  How long does it take to learn  to use a  Nokta detector, are they that complex ?
Condolences  to  Shaun for his sad loss, of course.  I agree  with Ivanll, the distributor of a product should know about  the product and have tested it  to answer  any  customers queries. you  are in a perfect  location,  to do so .  In my opinion, W.A. is probably  asking to much from a vlf unit, from what I have read, and understand. Dragging out  a conclusion does not inspire consumer confidence. A comparison with a  current  Fisher Gold bug  model and ATpro gold should be a fair appraisal. The  AT PRO gold was  apparently calibrated to suit our soil conditions, which is only simple logic, has Nokta done the same ? If so, the controversy  is re-solved. Surely  Nokta  can  verify  this point. I still believe the testing should have be done by people that are known on this and other Oz forums and have the ability to report accordingly.

To answer your questions - they are simple to use unless you are very new to the whole metal detecting concept. 
FORS is a VLF detector and will handle mineralized ground conditions much better than many other VLF detectors or equally with certain models in the market. And when comparing FORS to those that handle the ground equally well, the customer will evaluate other features such as depth, ergonomics, ease of use, coils, other features, price etc etc and make a decision. Simple is that...Now, as a manufacturer, we cannot compare our detector to other brands as it would not be ethical.  It should be done by people who own both detectors. And regarding the testers - we had no choice but to get assistance from our dealer as it is impossible for us to know the people on AU forums that you are referring to. At least at this stage...

Offline Nokta Detectors

• Board Moderator
  • Copper

0%
    • Nokta Detectors

« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2014, 00:32 »
There is some easy to follow FORS instruction video on line, if you have to order a FORS and wait a few days for delivery then watch the video while waiting and you should know how to use it when it's in hand.
I would say it's dead easy to use, but it might be seen as I'm saying it's unsophisticated, so I say NotHing.
However having it all together for a test in the back yard the first question is very likely to be about pinpointing and the dept indicator.
There is a post on a forum out there someplace that explain what the dept indicator is used for, or ask your friendly reseller he might know.

Approximate depth is provided based on the assumption that the target is a 2,5cm coin size object. The real depth will vary based on target size. The device will give a greater depth reading for smaller targets and for larger targets, the depth reading will be smaller than they really are. In fact, pinpointing is used for target location and not depth indication. Therefore, we suggest that you use the depth reading for judging the proximity of the target. 

Offline scratchinaround

• Platinum

0%

« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2014, 03:58 »
so  no.  not calibrated for OZ soil conditions. blah blah blah. answer the question, too hard ?
yes or no ?  you never address a direct question. I conclude - not as good as fisher  bug, at pro gold, as you have no  proof other wise. over 3 year  since you listed on this forum, no un-biased supportive reviews  in that time. 
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 04:48 by scratchinaround »
HOT  DIGGERTY DIG

Offline Aussie Detecting

• Platinum

0%

« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2014, 08:41 »
The Fors Gold has been calibrated to AU soil conditions. In direct comparisons it's as good as the AT Gold & Gold bug DP or G2. 
www.aussiedetectors.com

Offline Nokta Detectors

• Board Moderator
  • Copper

0%
    • Nokta Detectors

« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2014, 18:47 »
so  no.  not calibrated for OZ soil conditions. blah blah blah. answer the question, too hard ?
yes or no ?  you never address a direct question. I conclude - not as good as fisher  bug, at pro gold, as you have no  proof other wise. over 3 year  since you listed on this forum, no un-biased supportive reviews  in that time.

Hello...your question was answered in detail ...more than a simple yes. 
In regards to your comment of ''over 3 year  since you listed on this forum, no un-biased supportive reviews  in that time. ''- 
We have been posting on this forum for the past few months only so we cannot speak for what individuals have been posting or saying about our company and detectors. We introduced our company and products to AU officially on the forums starting with FORS because this is the product suitable for AU and the first tester's review has been posted on the forum. Thank you. 

Offline ANT1967

• If it sounds crappy - still dig it... !!
  • Crew
  • Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Victoria for now ......
  • Likes Given: 1514

• Total Badges: 37
    Fifth year Anniversary Coin Of the Month Winner Find of the Month Winner The Gold Ring Nugget Under 1 Ounce Rising Sun The TON 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2014, 19:37 »
Gday All ,
          This post is being watched carefully , If you are thinking of posting a reply make it
          relevant & courteous .
        Aussie Detecting ( Brad ) & Crampo are the dealers for Nokta Detectors
                 Any questions regarding these detectors should be directed to them
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 22:14 by ANT1967 »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: - Owned - Sovereign GT, - Own - GPX5000 & CTX3030
  • Oldest find: 1857 Gothic Florin , 1858 Holloway Token , Gold Nuggets .
Anywhere , Everywhere , Nowhere & 
Somewhere are the same place  !!

Offline The Catseye Cleaner

• Platinum

3.33%
    • I live in: Mackay QLD
    • The Catseye Cleaner
    • Youtube's channel
  • Likes Given: 523

• Total Badges: 27
    Fifth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2014, 22:57 »
At last! Thank you Ant.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab Explorer II x 2 + Sunray X1 probe, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab Sovereign Elite, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett A2B Groundhog, Minelab CTX3030, Garrett Pro-Pointer X-Pointer Minelab Musketeer Advantage.
  • Oldest find: 1805 - 1806 King George III Large Penny
2015 Totals
Decimals: More than $300 but less than $500
Pre-decimals: 'bout 30 or 40
Tokens: 4
Rings:
Platinum: 0 Gold: 0  Silver: 2  Other: 3 junkers

If it ain't got an 18 on the front it's just another coin.

Offline The Catseye Cleaner

• Platinum

3.33%
    • I live in: Mackay QLD
    • The Catseye Cleaner
    • Youtube's channel
  • Likes Given: 523

• Total Badges: 27
    Fifth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2014, 21:55 »
Why is there so much "carry on" on this thread? It seems to me that the people here are engaged in some sort of pointless on going circular argument. It's simple folks; If you've had no experience with one of these detectors,...... shut up! and let the people who have, speak. If you have some sort of commercial interest, ......e.g. distributor, dealer etc. please, it's only fair to the reader to make that clear whenever you make any claim or do a review, this includes you Crampo. (even if this is Noktas thread) If, like Ivanll, you use, have used or own one of these detectors by all means give YOUR fair and honest FIRST HAND opinion/experience. I don't want to hear second hand what Dixon Cox from Bum Jump Nowhere reckons it did or didn't do. And before I climb down off my soap box, if someone asks for information or support from the Nokta team, offer Nokta the courtesy of a few days to answer before chiming in with some unfounded ill informed opinion about what they should or should not know. These detectors are relatively new to Auz and we all, including the agents, have lots to discover about them.

Just let me add, I have no affiliation with Nokta or the people running this thread, and I have never even seen one in the flesh, let alone used one. I'm just interested in getting the facts and making up my own mind. Can we please let the people who are trialling them have a few weeks to get use to the machine, get their sh!t together and give their responses. Then we can quiz them, first hand, about it.

Now, help me down off this soap box.    Catseye.      
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 21:57 by The Catseye Cleaner »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab Explorer II x 2 + Sunray X1 probe, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab Sovereign Elite, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett A2B Groundhog, Minelab CTX3030, Garrett Pro-Pointer X-Pointer Minelab Musketeer Advantage.
  • Oldest find: 1805 - 1806 King George III Large Penny
2015 Totals
Decimals: More than $300 but less than $500
Pre-decimals: 'bout 30 or 40
Tokens: 4
Rings:
Platinum: 0 Gold: 0  Silver: 2  Other: 3 junkers

If it ain't got an 18 on the front it's just another coin.

Offline Aussie Detecting

• Platinum

0%

« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2014, 21:59 »
Here here. Thank you. 
www.aussiedetectors.com

Detrack

« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2014, 19:34 »
I have a lot to say on this, here I go,,,,,,,,,,,,,250mm NO WAY call in the :police:  there is a >:D about I want to see a Vid showing any gold it finds at 200mm ???

Offline Dingo

• Iron
  • mother earth is good at hiding her treasure!

0%
    • I live in: Queensland.
  • Likes Given: 11

• Total Badges: 7
    Second year Anniversary First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2014, 08:36 »
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 09:01 by Dingo »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Tesoro Valquero, Minelab Excallibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett ATX, Minelab SDC 2300, Nokta Fors Gold, Nokta Fors Core, Minelab GPX 4500, Makro Gold Racer
Dingo

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Likes Given: 632

• Total Badges: 50
    Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn 15000 Posts
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2014, 10:45 »
A nice looking bit of gold. The picture had a couple of links on it that led to 5 pages of reviews. The early reviews have been mentioned.  Page 4 seems to be getting a few reviews with comparisons to other machines.
http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/352-detailed-review-of-the-nokta-fors-gold-nugget-detector/page-4
We know that Vlf machines in our very hot ground here in the Golden Triangle don't have much depth. Reading all the reports makes me think that the new Nokta may find some gold in trashy places. I remember a seller of Whites products saying that one of their models wouldn't find gold as deep as a Minelab ( PI) but would find it in places the Minelab couldn't be used.   Perhaps the Nokta will also.  
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam
anything