* Share it Around

Author Topic:  FORS GOLD - CUSTOMER FEEDBACK FROM AU  (Read 18801 times)

Offline ANT1967

• If it sounds crappy - still dig it... !!
  • Crew
  • Platinum

• Fill this by Posting :)
    100%
    • I live in: Victoria for now ......
  • Likes Given: 1514

• Total Badges: 37
    Badges: (View All)
    Fifth year Anniversary Coin Of the Month Winner Find of the Month Winner The Gold Ring Nugget Under 1 Ounce Rising Sun The TON 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts
Re: FORS GOLD - CUSTOMER FEEDBACK FROM AU
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2014, 10:57 »
Steve H is one of the best
A great piece of Gold !
But ..... Topic
" Customer Feedback from AU "
  • Detector(s) owned/used: - Owned - Sovereign GT, - Own - GPX5000 & CTX3030
  • Oldest find: 1857 Gothic Florin , 1858 Holloway Token , Gold Nuggets .
Anywhere , Everywhere , Nowhere & 
Somewhere are the same place  !!

Offline steadyon

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Qld
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 17
    Fifth year Anniversary 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2014, 21:49 »
Can Brad or others please gather up some Australian coins pull tabs bottle tops etc such as we find everyday and do some air tests
with the fors gold and fors core .
Report what coil was used, the distance from item and the ID number reported to the screen , we can then compare ID numbers etc to other detectors available on the market. Also on land as compared to beach for same items.
regards steadyon
  • Detector(s) owned/used: OWN - GP3500, Explorer XS, Sov GT, Fisher F5, pro pointer, Whites IDX PRO, Gold Bug Pro
  • Oldest find: gold nuggets

Offline GemQ

• Platinum

13.33%
    • I live in: Melbourne
    • GEMQ1 Channel
    • Youtube's channel
  • Likes Given: 648

• Total Badges: 46
    Seventh year Anniversary Coin of the year 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2014, 22:04 »
Dingo,

Sure is a beautiful nugget, didnt sound like it was very deep probably why he said " I won't claim that only the Nokta would have found it because any good detector would have". The hardest part of this hobby, swinging over the target.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: CTX 3030 " The Weapon", GPX 4500 "The Gold Wand"
  • Oldest find: Cartwheel Penny
Enjoy the hunt, love the pre-decimals & Nuggs

Offline Dingo

• Iron
  • mother earth is good at hiding her treasure!

0%
    • I live in: Queensland.
  • Likes Given: 11

• Total Badges: 7
    Second year Anniversary First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2014, 07:52 »
I've only had my Nokta Fors Gold a short time and I'm still in the testing phase using it mostly on the beach and in parks and so far I'm impressed with its depth.
I mostly use a sovereign gt with a 15" W.O.T. coil for the beach which I like very much and I've used the Nokta Fors Gold over the same beach and have found coins at very good depth with the 11"x7" coil which has surprised me, but I have found it to be chattery on salty wet sand when I was using it for a short time in that area, but I have to experiment more with different settings to see if it was the way I had it set, I think I need more time in this area to learn the right settings for it.
The machine TIDs numbers are ($2 & $1 = 82) (50c = 74) (20c = 68) (10c = 57) (5c = 52) numbers are different to my sovereign but it's not a problem for me like any other machine you just have to learn it's language.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 20:29 by Dingo »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Tesoro Valquero, Minelab Excallibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett ATX, Minelab SDC 2300, Nokta Fors Gold, Nokta Fors Core, Minelab GPX 4500, Makro Gold Racer
Dingo

Offline Dingo

• Iron

0%

« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2014, 20:30 »
I think that a lot of the forum members here have a very narrow view of new detectors that enter the market and criticise them even before they have use them, but wait with baited breath for some one else to spend their money and not theirs and then shoot them down for reporting their findings.

Steve Herschbach is one of the worlds best for reporting about new detectors and has more than 40 years of using metal detectors and the runs on the board for finding "GOLD" and has written many times REPORTS about metal detectors and this would be the person most qualified to report on the Nokta Fors Gold not some of the inexperienced detectorists on this forum that detect from behind their computers!

So why not man up and buy one and find out for your self or do you get someone else to do all the work for you and shop for you as well.
(changed post colour from light to green.  Rwork)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 20:45 by Rwork »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Tesoro Valquero, Minelab Excallibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett ATX, Minelab SDC 2300, Nokta Fors Gold, Nokta Fors Core, Minelab GPX 4500, Makro Gold Racer
Dingo

Offline Marty

• Gold

20%
    • I live in: Hawkesbury River Region NSW Australia
  • Likes Given: 76

• Total Badges: 44
    Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts The Gold Ring Returned an Item Coin Of the Month Winner Coin of the year Half Soveriegn The Crown Comm Penny Nugget over an Ounce Full Sovereign 500 Posts
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2014, 20:43 »
Fors Gold not some of the inexperienced detectorists on this forum that detect from behind their computers!

OK I will bite on this one ,, I've been around for many years and thank you ever so much much for calling me out , read my report and then have another go at me 

Thats all I gota say 

Marty ((not happy JAN))
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Old -GP3000/3500, GPX 4000,4500, GB1 , GPX5000, current XTerra705 , ForsGold, CTX3030 , SDC2300 , GPZ7000
  • Oldest find: 1797 Cartwheel , 1806 & 07 George III half penny, 1823 & 25 Farthing , 1825 George IV Penny ,1876 20 Mark Gold German Wilhelm I, 1889 Queen Vic Jubilee Head Double Florin, 1937 Australian Crown, lost gold ring over 120yr ago, returned property owner
"Just Dig It and it will come"

Offline The Catseye Cleaner

• Platinum

3.33%
    • I live in: Mackay QLD
    • The Catseye Cleaner
    • Youtube's channel
  • Likes Given: 523

• Total Badges: 27
    Fifth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2014, 20:44 »
Dingo, Dude! you write with an accent. What is it?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 20:53 by The Catseye Cleaner »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab Explorer II x 2 + Sunray X1 probe, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab Sovereign Elite, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett A2B Groundhog, Minelab CTX3030, Garrett Pro-Pointer X-Pointer Minelab Musketeer Advantage.
  • Oldest find: 1805 - 1806 King George III Large Penny
2015 Totals
Decimals: More than $300 but less than $500
Pre-decimals: 'bout 30 or 40
Tokens: 4
Rings:
Platinum: 0 Gold: 0  Silver: 2  Other: 3 junkers

If it ain't got an 18 on the front it's just another coin.

Offline Count Pierre

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: Queensland
  • Likes Given: 335

• Total Badges: 34
    Sixth year Anniversary 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2014, 20:46 »
Any room in your corner for Dingo, Trev?   ::)

CP
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Whites DFX + 5 Coils (retired)- Currently, ML Safari with RNB Battery,Whites MX5
  • Oldest find: 1817 George 3 Shilling
If I can't handle it, I'll go & have a few beers, or a red wine....or both.... & go from there!

Offline Nokta Detectors

• Board Moderator
  • Copper

0%
    • Nokta Detectors
  • Likes Given: 2

100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2014, 20:54 »
OK I will bite on this one ,, I've been around for many years and thank you ever so much much for calling me out , read my report and then have another go at me

Thats all I gota say

Marty ((not happy JAN))

Marty, I do not really think he was referring to you as you are one of our selected testers and we thank you for the time you spent for us. 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Nokta & Makro

Offline Nokta Detectors

• Board Moderator
  • Copper

0%
    • Nokta Detectors

100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2014, 21:01 »
I think that a lot of the forum members here have a very narrow view of new detectors that enter the market and criticise them even before they have use them, but wait with baited breath for some one else to spend their money and not theirs and then shoot them down for reporting their findings.

Steve Herschbach is one of the worlds best for reporting about new detectors and has more than 40 years of using metal detectors and the runs on the board for finding "GOLD" and has written many times REPORTS about metal detectors and this would be the person most qualified to report on the Nokta Fors Gold not some of the inexperienced detectorists on this forum that detect from behind their computers!

So why not man up and buy one and find out for your self or do you get someone else to do all the work for you and shop for you as well!

Thank you and yes we agree that some members are not open minded about new brands but then again let them. It is their right to try or not to try something new. As long as they keep their respect, we have no issue with that. Yes Steve Herscbach, a very respected expert in this field for many years, wrote a very good report about FORSand he found his best gold specimen with our device a few days ago. But then again, we respect and value AU customers' opinions as much as his. At the end, this is an AU forum and the detector will be used on AU soil. Thanks a lot.

Offline A bugs trek

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Perth, WA
  • Likes Given: 318

• Total Badges: 10
    Second year Anniversary 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #60 on: December 23, 2014, 21:56 »

Yes Steve Herscbach, a very respected expert in this field for many years, wrote a very good report about FORS and he found his best gold specimen with our device a few days ago.

And Nokta have been trumpeting that find on Aussie forums since Steve shared the news (http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/502-nokta-scores-spectacular-gold-specimen/), but strangely enough Nokta have been careful to leave out of their retelling of the find, Steve's comment that, "I won't claim that only the Nokta would have found it because any good detector would have." Why is that, Mr 'Open and honest' Nokta?
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Fisher F70; Whites MXT; Minelab Sovereign Elite

Offline Nokta Detectors

• Board Moderator
  • Copper

0%
    • Nokta Detectors

« Reply #61 on: December 23, 2014, 22:03 »
If talking to yourself is the first sign of madness, what is answering yourself?  Oh, I know........... loneliness.

Now this post tells us only one thing - obviously this is something practiced by others on these forums. Quiet surprising and disappointing but guess what... Nokta does not need any advocates to go around and degrade other brands in forums or create imaginary people to praise our products. We do our job  with honesty and integrity.  And the only advocate we have is our product itself. Any other comment not related to this thread or found to be false accusation will be deleted.

Offline Nokta Detectors

• Board Moderator
  • Copper

0%
    • Nokta Detectors

« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2014, 22:20 »
And Nokta have been trumpeting that find on Aussie forums since Steve shared the news (http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/502-nokta-scores-spectacular-gold-specimen/), but strangely enough Nokta have been careful to leave out of their retelling of the find, Steve's comment that, "I won't claim that only the Nokta would have found it because any good detector would have." Why is that, Mr 'Open and honest' Nokta?

Yes we are VERY honest and open. Our post said '' we received the following message and images...'' and this is exactly what we posted and below is the copy of the email we received from Steve. Anybody can contact Steve and confirm. He then posted more details on the forums which is no secret. Anybody can go and read it. And there is nothing wrong with his comment. Has Nokta claimed that it could only be found with FORS? No...Whether some people like it or not, the point is that Steve found one of his best pieces of gold with FORS and we shared this with our customers.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 22:36 by Nokta Detectors »

Offline GemQ

• Platinum

13.33%
    • I live in: Melbourne
    • GEMQ1 Channel
    • Youtube's channel
  • Likes Given: 648

• Total Badges: 46
    Seventh year Anniversary Coin of the year 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2014, 22:31 »
So you telling the forum you didnt delete my post that outlined Feedback to Nokta from Steve and the direct dig from someone with 5 posts.

I believe Steve Said and I quote in full>

"Hello Dilek,

I appreciate your kind offer. I have given it all some thought, and I have decided that going forward I am not really interested in testing metal detectors in general. A new detector to get my interest would have to be quite special. That basically would exclude single frequency VLF detectors.

I would be interested if any manufacturer is working on a ground balancing pulse induction detector that weighs less than 5 lbs and that equals or exceeds the performance of the Garrett ATX. I would not be interested in simple single channel ground balancing models like the TDI. I would similarly be interested in any induction balance models incorporating multiple frequencies.

In other words, I am interested in ground breaking technology. Otherwise, I am satisfied with what I currently have at my disposal. In 2015 I want to spend less time testing new detectors and more time just finding gold.

Thank you for your consideration!
  • Detector(s) owned/used: CTX 3030 " The Weapon", GPX 4500 "The Gold Wand"
  • Oldest find: Cartwheel Penny
Enjoy the hunt, love the pre-decimals & Nuggs

Offline Nokta Detectors

• Board Moderator
  • Copper

0%
    • Nokta Detectors

« Reply #64 on: December 23, 2014, 22:50 »
So you telling the forum you didnt delete my post that outlined Feedback to Nokta from Steve and the direct dig from someone with 5 posts.

I believe Steve Said and I quote in full>

"Hello Dilek,

I appreciate your kind offer. I have given it all some thought, and I have decided that going forward I am not really interested in testing metal detectors in general. A new detector to get my interest would have to be quite special. That basically would exclude single frequency VLF detectors.

I would be interested if any manufacturer is working on a ground balancing pulse induction detector that weighs less than 5 lbs and that equals or exceeds the performance of the Garrett ATX. I would not be interested in simple single channel ground balancing models like the TDI. I would similarly be interested in any induction balance models incorporating multiple frequencies.

In other words, I am interested in ground breaking technology. Otherwise, I am satisfied with what I currently have at my disposal. In 2015 I want to spend less time testing new detectors and more time just finding gold.

Thank you for your consideration!

This is a response Steve gave on a forum to our post :   ''................ Steve, as information on the new models are confidential at this point I cannot share them here on the forum but I can email you to give you some preliminary info to get your input if you wish.''
So we were talking about the future models not FORS as Steve had already tested FORS and had written a review on it.
There is nothing to be deleted about this post. As a matter of fact, we would be very happy if anybody goes and reads this thread on Steve's forum where people are saying very good things about our company. So we do not understand what you are trying to prove here? 

Offline Nokta Detectors

• Board Moderator
  • Copper

0%
    • Nokta Detectors

« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2014, 23:12 »
Dingo who are you ,you joined the forum didn't say hello and then told us we are narrow minded probably not the best way to start on a forum
why were you picked to test the detector do you have extensive knowledge of detecting gold with vlf detectors and are you a dealer for nokta

Correction - He was not one of the testers picked  - our dealer helped us pick three - Robert, Marty and third reviewer's mother died so he did not test it yet.

Detrack

« Reply #66 on: December 24, 2014, 13:44 »
So you can have 20 or 100 years detecting and tell others how good a detector is on ground from the other side of the world and we are to believe it will be as good he in Oz.
Unless the detector has been tested here in Oz and seen it working in person then I don't want to read stories because that's all they are.

Offline Dingo

• Iron

0%

« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2014, 20:57 »
Well I have to say that I'm very happy with my Nokta Fors Gold Detector it has more than paid for it self this week in jewellery finds alone and I won't be selling it any time soon when it has earned it's keep easily and more in the last few weeks to my surprise.
This is the first detector that has done this for me so easily, the others I own have a long way to go to pay for their purchases.

I'm not connected in any way with Nokta Detectors!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 10:28 by Dingo »
Dingo

Offline Count Pierre

• Platinum

0%

Sixth year Anniversary 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2014, 21:04 »
Sounds good, Dingo.              8)

Got  any pics of some of the jewellery?

CP
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Whites DFX + 5 Coils (retired)- Currently, ML Safari with RNB Battery,Whites MX5
If I can't handle it, I'll go & have a few beers, or a red wine....or both.... & go from there!

Offline Stalker

• Platinum

6.67%
    • I live in: Padbury , west ozz
  • Likes Given: 772

• Total Badges: 24
    Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2014, 23:02 »
Sounds good, Dingo.              8)

Got  any pics of some of the jewellery?

CP

Ahh yes ,,, I'd like to see too CP  ,,

maybe dingo should post his finds in the coin and jewelry section along with any pics he has, ,  I'm sure the forum and  all would like to see your finds ,

• Detector(s) owned/used: some call it the armadillo some say its ugly I think its feral . atx
  • Oldest find: 1877 coin that had been turned into a necklace , gave to the bruthern pub
Does chuck norris use a metal detector on the beach ..no he is the metal detector and the beach comes to him ..

Offline Count Pierre

• Platinum

0%

« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2015, 15:29 »
Still waiting for Dingo's jewellery pics which paid for his Nokta in a week......................

I've had my CTX for over a week now, & I haven't even paid for the coil yet!!    >:(

Maybe Dingo became a little excited by all the  "hype"??   ::)

CP

tonyw

« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2015, 16:48 »
Still waiting for Dingo's jewellery pics which paid for his Nokta in a week......................

I've had my CTX for over a week now, & I haven't even paid for the coil yet!!    >:(

Maybe Dingo became a little excited by all the  "hype"??   ::)

CP

Too busy slagging the Excal II

Offline Rob071

• Copper

0%

• Total Badges: 9
    10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2015, 22:37 »
The best way to win any customer over is video proof,words mean jack ruby in Australia if they can see it working and picking gold and anything else up thats a win...
Before you released theses detectors there should have been hundreds of hours testing in all states of Australia,with vid proof to back up findings,but hey what would i know.....
I've contracted to the biggest company's in Australia and Brand recognition is massive,and what it stands for..
I know its a new market for you guys but you should be up to speed on this side of things and what is going on makes you guys look bad.
Video proof is just that no body can knock back what you're doing if its in black and white.
Ask the testers if they have a go pro and record record record...
  • Detector(s) owned/used: 305

Offline Nokta Detectors

• Board Moderator
  • Copper

0%
    • Nokta Detectors

« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2015, 23:09 »
The best way to win any customer over is video proof,words mean jack ruby in Australia if they can see it working and picking gold and anything else up thats a win...
Before you released theses detectors there should have been hundreds of hours testing in all states of Australia,with vid proof to back up findings,but hey what would i know.....
I've contracted to the biggest company's in Australia and Brand recognition is massive,and what it stands for..
I know its a new market for you guys but you should be up to speed on this side of things and what is going on makes you guys look bad.
Video proof is just that no body can knock back what you're doing if its in black and white.
Ask the testers if they have a go pro and record record record...
Thank you for all the feedback. First of all, the device was tested but test results posted by people who have commercial interest in the product would not mean much to users on the forum. That is why we asked for testers to write up reviews and these testers are more than welcome to post videos but we cannot force them as they have no obligation to do so but we will ask them because we agree on your comment of videos. What we do not agree to, though, is your comment of ''what is going on makes you guys look bad''. We stand behind our company and products and we have been very honest and open from day one. We have not made any false claims or disrespected anybody. We are here to support those who are interested and we do not force anybody to be interested. This is a sub-forum in a forum that people can choose to read or ignore. On another forum in AU, the admins created a sub-forum for Nokta and Makro on their own without our request saying that there is a quite bit of interest for our products. So from our side, all looks good. It is all about how one wants to look at it. Thank you again. 

Offline Rob071

• Copper

0%

• Total Badges: 9
    10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #74 on: January 02, 2015, 23:45 »
I think you miss understand what Im saying tbh,
Video proof SHOULD be a requirement to test them,not up to them YOU want to prove that you should be here in this market im all for new things but they need to stand up with proof.
Im sorry you can stand behind your products that's not the issue,us as consumers what to see smell and taste what you are offering,the brands that are out like minelab,garret have a brand and its a known product,do you see where im coming from?
I think you can see how people from Australia look at it,its plain to see with some of the comments in this thread,trust me talk to your testers and ask them for video proof of it working hell spring them a go-pro and some memory cards to get hours of footage.
Even if you have testers over seas ask them as well.
The more footage you have the better chance you have to make more sales and that's what its about isnt it?
I will give you a example....
Coke,spend millions of dollars on advertising there product i don't need to spend a cent to sell it why?
Because of brand power that's why its that simple...
And tbh you're last 3 lines don't go a long way either,we should all be interested to see what's new on the market because its what we love doing,and you should be wanting people to see your products..
Dont mean to sound rude but have you been to Australia?
Or meet anybody that is Australian,because we are a funny bunch down here but lovely people come down here bring some detectors and try our hot soils in West Australia,even our beaches..
  • Detector(s) owned/used: 305

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam
anything