* Share it Around

Author Topic:  new garrett pro pointer at , in the slop  (Read 1917 times)

Offline Stalker

• Platinum

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
    • I live in: Padbury , west ozz
  • Likes Given: 775

• Total Badges: 24
    Badges: (View All)
    Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
new garrett pro pointer at , in the slop
« on: January 17, 2015, 19:32 »
Its in usa dirt , but looks good ,,

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=US0JYIlHy20 

• Detector(s) owned/used: some call it the armadillo some say its ugly I think its feral . atx
  • Oldest find: 1877 coin that had been turned into a necklace , gave to the bruthern pub
Does chuck norris use a metal detector on the beach ..no he is the metal detector and the beach comes to him ..

Offline Dutchy (Jarhead)

• Platinum

50%
    • I live in: Canberra
  • Likes Given: 1305

• Total Badges: 30
    5000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary Find Of the year 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
Re: new garrett pro pointer at , in the slop
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 19:51 »
The garret in my experience is the best one I've used and own (have the pro find and Whites also), that could only mean this is a must buy for me.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Beaten up ETrac, CTX 3030
  • Oldest find: 1655 French coin (found in Australia)

Offline Stalker

• Platinum

0%

Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 19:57 »
The garret in my experience is the best one I've used and own (have the pro find and Whites also), that could only mean this is a must buy for me.

maybe this will link will help ,, its form one of the blokes in the link I posted above who did a independent review after the first video ,, and the kellyco price is 127 yanky dollars ,,  I wonder if we get a good deal on these in Australia from the garrett dealers 

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Hyuyiw2T9A0
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 19:59 by Stalker »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: some call it the armadillo some say its ugly I think its feral . atx
  • Oldest find: 1877 coin that had been turned into a necklace , gave to the bruthern pub
Does chuck norris use a metal detector on the beach ..no he is the metal detector and the beach comes to him ..

Offline Stalker

• Platinum

0%

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 20:35 »
Now all we need is whites and minelab to bring out waterproof pin pointers for some good old  competition ,,  untill then I'll be getting the  garrett instead of the makro ,, 

Offline Count Pierre

• Platinum

3.33%
    • I live in: Queensland
  • Likes Given: 348

• Total Badges: 34
    Sixth year Anniversary 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 21:11 »
The TRX is the best I have used. I've put a custom condom on it & it's as waterproof as I want.

Goes deeper than my Garrett, too....

CP
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Whites DFX + 5 Coils (retired)- Currently, ML Safari with RNB Battery,Whites MX5
  • Oldest find: 1817 George 3 Shilling
If I can't handle it, I'll go & have a few beers, or a red wine....or both.... & go from there!

tonyw

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 21:18 »
My Garrett lasted 5 months my Minelab is still going strong after 2.5 yrs, i was deciding today wether to retire it as a spare and boot up the new one with a condom on i have for it. I also put a brand new Garrett up against a brand new Minelab and the Minelab creamed it for depth, but that was old tech, will be good to see the new ones and how they perform.

Its interesting that they are deciding to go waterproof, i believe all of them should of in the 1st place, its the nature of our work to get them in the clay and the mud and the water, having said that i have not had either brands fail because of water or mud ingestion.

Offline Count Pierre

• Platinum

3.33%
    • I live in: Queensland
  • Likes Given: 348

• Total Badges: 34
    Sixth year Anniversary 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2015, 21:32 »
Before I obtained the cover for the Garrett, I used to put Duct tape over the switch & speaker. The old Garrett was dunked several times, & didn't miss a beat, Still going strong as my second pin pointer.

CP
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Whites DFX + 5 Coils (retired)- Currently, ML Safari with RNB Battery,Whites MX5
  • Oldest find: 1817 George 3 Shilling
If I can't handle it, I'll go & have a few beers, or a red wine....or both.... & go from there!

Offline brianincnb

• Platinum

60%
    • I live in: Canberra ACT
    • http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbFqSkEjVt51a9MIRknxg8w
  • Likes Given: 2105

• Total Badges: 32
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2015, 22:37 »
I recon $230-250AU... given that the current model is ~$200 here.  So only $100 more than in the US  :P 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: XP Deus, ctx3030,e-trac,x-terra 70/705,tesoro silver umax,atpro,ace250
  • Oldest find: 1862 Half Penny
Total spendables/pre-decs: doesn't really matter, as long as I'm out MDing!

Offline Stalker

• Platinum

0%

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2015, 23:01 »
Retail price in usa is 150 yanky clams ,,  works out to be 182 au dollars , 
But just looked on garretts au website its 225 bucks ,, 

Offline brianincnb

• Platinum

60%
    • I live in: Canberra ACT
    • http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbFqSkEjVt51a9MIRknxg8w
  • Likes Given: 2105

• Total Badges: 32
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2015, 22:06 »
Retail price in usa is 150 yanky clams ,,  works out to be 182 au dollars ,
But just looked on garretts au website its 225 bucks ,,
mmm missed that, been checking regularly on the garrett website...
I've been looking at the deteknix waterproof model... http://www.deteknix.com/detectors/pinpointer/underwater_pinpointer.html
Hurry up spring 2015, wouldn’t mind checking one of these out.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: XP Deus, ctx3030,e-trac,x-terra 70/705,tesoro silver umax,atpro,ace250
  • Oldest find: 1862 Half Penny
Total spendables/pre-decs: doesn't really matter, as long as I'm out MDing!

Offline Stalker

• Platinum

0%

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2015, 22:12 »
mmm missed that, been checking regularly on the garrett website...
I've been looking at the deteknix waterproof model... http://www.deteknix.com/detectors/pinpointer/underwater_pinpointer.html
Hurry up spring 2015, wouldn’t mind checking one of these out.

I really like the look of that one ,,, might be a contender and a pi too ,, just gets better 

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam