* Share it Around

Author Topic:  Still going strong 20 years later  (Read 1832 times)

Offline ohb1

• Platinum

• Fill this by Posting :)
    43.33%
    • I live in: Sunshine Coast
  • Likes Given: 454

• Total Badges: 36
    Badges: (View All)
    Seventh year Anniversary Florin Rams Head Shilling Sixpence Wheat Three Pence Round 50 Cents 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post
Still going strong 20 years later
« on: March 05, 2015, 16:15 »
This photo of Ringa was taken 5 years ago. The detector is a Tesoro Laser B1..A fantastic machine that would still easily keep up with the "bigger /better / more expensive" fraternity...the only set back is the unbalanced weight of the old "box". The machine was produced in 1991.  Ringa  changed to a lighter Cibola when swinging the 20 year old machine became too much of a strain on her arm and wrist...
I took my first steps into the hobby, learning on the same machine...I love the dial adjustments, and the mono discrimination audio sound is extremely specific..all be it not too good at differentiating between pull tabs and half silvers!
How many other brands could boast after 20 years, that their machine was still as good as the day it was made, and still able to "keep up" with the new boys on the block??
...hopefully Tesoro's new machine, when it finally does come out, will again be able to show the bigger companies a thing or two about the game!
ohb1
swing..sweet silver succumbs.... sorrow,scratched, still, sentimental... smile, satisfied,... search, somewhere, sometime, silver

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

60%
    • I live in: Tropical North Qld. Australia
  • Likes Given: 97

• Total Badges: 24
    Sixth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Re: Still going strong 20 years later
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 18:45 »
Good to see an older unit still working and that someone can actually use it.
There is a couple of videos on youtube with the Laser B1.

ivanll
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Whats suitable for me to do the job!

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Likes Given: 682

• Total Badges: 50
    Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn 15000 Posts
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 18:48 »
Is there enough coil cord to Hip mount the box or move it back like a GT Sov.?
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

Offline gldfvr

• Copper

3.33%
    • I live in: NE Vic
  • Likes Given: 22

• Total Badges: 27
    Cricket Buckle 100 Posts Florin Commonwealth Halfpenny Sixpence Roo Penny Comm Penny Wheat Three Pence Fourth year Anniversary 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 21:00 »
I still have and use at times a minelab GT16000 , found a 1 gram nugget with it about 7 years ago with it .
Might even dig the old Bounty Hunter DE280 out and see if it still works ?
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Bounty Hunter DE280 . Whites Coinmaster 6000D . Tesoro Diablo II . Minelab Sterling .Minelab GT16000 . Garrett Infinium LS . Garrett Pro-Pointer . Minelab X-Terra 705 .
  • Oldest find: 1851 Half Soveriegn

Offline Dutchy (Jarhead)

• Platinum

50%
    • I live in: Canberra
  • Likes Given: 1306

• Total Badges: 30
    5000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary Find Of the year 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 06:53 »
My 1st machine, Tesaro Bandido 2 (bought 1993), will keep up with my 3030.  The 3030 just separates the stuff better.  Maybe its just me I think the Tesaro will go deeper.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Beaten up ETrac, CTX 3030
  • Oldest find: 1655 French coin (found in Australia)

Offline skippyandtiger

• Iron

0%
    • I live in: Southern highlands,nsw
  • Likes Given: 1

• Total Badges: 8
    Third year Anniversary First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 18:19 »
I have owned many Tesoros over the years and they all still work well(I never sell them).The  Toltec 100 was my ist moving up during the years to  the lighter new  models.All easy to use and if the grounds not mineralised will go as deep as any new expensive unit.
I also hope the new TESORO will be light and match it with the heavy opposition on sale these days .
Long live Tesoro HAPPY DETECTING TO ALL.

• Detector(s) owned/used: tesoro cortes,tesoro tejon,tesoro toltec2,toltec100,2200dminelab,mxtpro,
  • Oldest find: 1820 penny,1840 shilling,1831 sixpence,1797 cartwheel penny

Offline mike33

• Bronze

0%
    • I live in: Nerang. gold Coast. Qld.
  • Likes Given: 804

• Total Badges: 15
    100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2015, 11:22 »
I still have my first detector, the forerunner to Tesoro,  The C&G Wildcat.  That machine made me heaps of cash, and I got it in a pawn shop for $180. I can detect with that right up to any ironwork and not get interference, the coil, (6") does not detect anything above it. It even has a BRASS nut &bolt holding the coil to the shaft. I replaced it once with a nylon one, didn't make  a scrap of difference, so put the brass one back on.  My second machine was a Stingray, which also paid for itself a few times over. They both still work ok, and the Stingray has never leaked. 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: C&G Wildcat. Whites 6000D. Tesoro Stingray Tesoro Cortes. Tesoro Sand Shark
  • Oldest find: 1800 penny

Offline emubob

• Bronze

0%
    • I live in: cairns queensland
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 18
    100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2015, 12:00 »
and i've got an original silver sabre that's still going like i bought it yesterday,emubob
  • Detector(s) owned/used: vaquero,silver umax,silver sabre,

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam
anything