* Share it Around

Author Topic:  In Memory of Charles Lewis Garrett 1932 - 2015  (Read 938 times)

Offline GMC

• Copper

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
    • I live in: Adelaide, South Australia
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 9
    Badges: (View All)
    10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
In Memory of Charles Lewis Garrett 1932 - 2015
« on: April 04, 2015, 10:33 »
It is with great sadness, that we have lost a wonderful person as Charles Garrett.
He passed away on April 3rd 2015.
His passing will be greatly missed by most detector people in the world.
A very cherished friend of ours during the many years we were involved with Garrett.
We both had a very strong understanding of the Australian detector market and we worked closely together during that time.
He is one of the few within the Garrett Company that we had great respect for.
Our sympathy and thoughts go out to his wife, Eleanor and his 3 children.
Rest in peace dear friend.
You will always be in our hearts and never forgotten.
Phil, Linda, Jordan & Troy.
Gold Mining Centre
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 10:47 by GMC »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Nearly all Garrett detectors, some Fisher, Whites, Wildcat, Tesoro, etc
  • Oldest find: 1687 English Fourpence near Dunolly goldfields, Vic

Offline beepn

• Silver
  • detecting since 1977

20%
    • I live in: Close to the shear water .
  • Likes Given: 15

• Total Badges: 22
    Sixth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Re: In Memory of Charles Lewis Garrett 1932 - 2015
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 17:28 »
Yes Phil what a great guy. He did come to OZ just after Garrett detectors was released in OZ. A pioneer who developed a large range of detectors which resulted in Kevin Heiller finding the Hand Of Faith with the ads deepseeker. Kevin has also passed on.

My deepest condolences to his wife and family.

When i first sold Garrett Detectors in Melbourne the distributor then was Arnold Muller who would have long past on as he was getting on then and i am 77 this year.

Regards Ray Beepn.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Whites v3i, Whites Dual Field e-trac, Quattro, Exterra 70, Sovereign xs, Whites Goldmaster, Whites p.i. Minelab 2100, Aquasport, Garrett a2b, Garrett Deepseeker, Garrett bfo, Bridge Wright, Bounty Hunter rb7, Bounty Hunter rb5, Whites 6000d, Whites 6db
Horse sense is the result of stable thinking.

Offline Adrian ss

• Gold

90%
    • I live in: Canberra
  • Likes Given: 1

• Total Badges: 20
    Sixth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Sea Hunter MK II, Safari, SDC 2300, 6000DI SL ,BHID,ML Stirling,GS 15000, Sov XS, Lobo ST, relic M 7,Fisher 553D & 555D,CX4PI,Infinium,Spectrum XLT.6000D,6000DI S 3, Gold Spear, Scorpion, CXII & CXIII,Pro Scan,Some Home Built VLFs & PIs and some others.
  • Oldest find: 1797 Cartwheel penny

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam
anything